ReachLocal Campaign Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ReachLocal Campaign Professional Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2017

2.0

Campaign Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ReachLocal.

Interview

Did a phone call with a recruiter and then another with the manager. Came in and did an interview with HR, manager, and a team member. Also had a take a small test to prove background and experience. Came in for a 2nd interview to shadow some team members on the work flow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The hiring process was very fast and they were good with communicating.

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Shreveport, LA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was thorough but relaxed. It felt like more of a "getting to know you" conversation than an interrogation. Not only did the interview focus on skills and job duties, it focused on personality fit with the work environment.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you learn faster by instruction or by action?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Shreveport, LA) in March 2012.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, however I had to go through three interviews before I finally got the offer. Typical interview questions that you'd expect for a marketing company.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember any of the questions being particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Campaign Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Dallas, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a former employee. I had a phone interview with a recruiter, and then an in person interviewed with 2 people who were managers at the time. I received a call the day after my interview with an offer, and also received an email with offer letter.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty normal. Checking over what you have done in the past, where you see yourself in the company in the future, what your expectations are, if you know what the role is and how your experiences in the past will help you in the role. The hardest would probably be "What is an obstacle you've had to overcome"?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There didn't seem to be any negotiation. I was right out of college, so I didn't feel like I had much power to negotiate anywhere; however, my friend in recruiting told me that you can definitely argue your wages.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Plano, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter to discuss the position and find out if I am still interested. I was so she sent me an email with an abundance of information about the company. We set up another phone interview where she asked me, for the most part, the same questions she asked the first time we talked. She set up an in-person interview with a campaign manager and gave me details about how great the manager was, more information about how great the company is, and more information about the next step in the process. She then added me as a connection on LinkedIn which I thought was terribly odd (considering we've never met in person nor have we worked together). I went to my interview (in proper interview dress) and felt very awkward and overdressed. Most of the people working there looked like they just walked off a college campus and were dressed very casually. After walking back and forth through sections of cubicles without one person looking up, I finally approached someone and told them I was there for an interview. About 10 minutes later, another very young woman who was also dressed very casually welcomed me and walked me into the office for an interview. She asked me typical interview questions (experience, customer service, give an example when..., etc.) and they were all pretty simple and straightforward. I was well prepared, thanks to the recruiter, but she seemed somewhat uninterested and only gave an occasional "absolutely!" or "definitely!" every once in a while. Within a couple of business days the recruiter called and left a message to tell me they "went with someone else" and to give her a call if I had any questions. I think they are looking for someone with call center or heavy sales experience because this position is basically providing customer service in a call center with room for advancement to a sales position. This is probably a great job for a young person with a degree that they can't use anywhere else. The amount that they pushed their company and products before even offering an interview, and the fact that the recruiter (who should know how to use LinkedIn appropriately) added me as a connection were really off-putting but I appreciated that the entire process was pretty quick. That is really helpful for those who are going on several interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Plano, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

They found me on Career Builder and contacted me. Set up phone interview, told me they would call. Recruiter did not call me, was very unprofessional and blamed it all on me for not calling her when I reached out.

Two 1-1 interviews. They had a list of questions already made up and just going through the motions and writing down all my answers. Made me write an essay later that evening. Brought me in for second interview, interviewer left me waiting for almost an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Plano, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Quick. Recruiter contacted me from career site. Very helpful in getting information about the company and role. Met with hiring manager for an interview that took approx. 10 minutes. Questions weren't very positioned focused, just personality focused.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Plano, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

As a member of the job hunt community, I had my resume on just about every job site possible. A recruiter from ReachLocal called me one day out of the blue. Initially I brushed her off, thinking it was just a pyramid sales scheme, but after looking through the company site and the information she sent over, I realized it was much, much more than that.
    After about three business days I returned the call and asked to be considered. At that point, the recruiter said she had found an even better position for me (CP) than the one I for which I was initially contacted (IMC). It truly was a better match, so I was impressed with the recruiter's knowledge and concern about the job for which I as applying.
    My interview was scheduled for later that week. The recruiter was in touch beforehand with interview tips, what to research and where to go. She also requested that I call her as soon as the interview was done to giver her a breakdown of how it went.
    I arrived for the interview early and waited in a modern, well-designed office. My interview was slightly late but they were being conducted by one person, the director of that department, so it happens. The Director was young, sharp and tough to read, but asked very insightful and interesting questions.
    After the one-on-one, I was given a brief tour of the office (which was very fun and modern).
    All in all it lasted about 25 minutes. I spoke with the recruiter afterward as promised, and she was insightful & supportive about how it went.
    The next day they called my references, were pleased with what they had to hear and offered me the job that morning. I was in training after one business week and never looked back!

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be when you grow up?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you made a mistake that affected your work and/or the people you were working with. How did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/a

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Plano, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume for the position and within a couple of days, I was reached out to by a recruiter (she was super friendly). After a quick phone screening, she wanted to set up an in-person for later in the week, which I accepted. The in-person interview questions were your standard interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, goals, etc.) so there wasn't really much of anything to surprise me. I did feel the interviewer wasn't really paying attention to what I was saying, but I think that is just because he was a very difficult person to read, in general. The interview ended, and I got a call within a few hours, saying that they would like to make an offer for me. The offer was much lower than what I told them I was seeking, and there was no room to increase it, but I accepted it the following week.

During the interview, the size of the support role was downplayed, and the position was made to sound like it was more of a marketing analytics role (at that time, the position was actually Campaign Performance Analyst, but it changed to Campaign Performance Consultant within 3 weeks, and then again to Campaign Professional in January 2011). Even if it is not mentioned at the interview, this is a VERY support-oriented position, so be prepared for it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase; I was told that there was no room to increase the salary that was offered.