ReachLocal Market Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Digital Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was recruited by a fantastic local recruiter out of the dallas office. He found my profile on linkedin and the process started from there.
    The first step was a phone interview with the recruiter. The second step was a phone interview with the hiring manager. The third step was an in-person interview at a local coffee shop with the hiring manager. The 4th step was a phone interview with the Director of North America. The last step was an offer letter received a few days following the interview process.
    The entire process took about 3-4 weeks and every contact was very professional and carried a fantastic; upbeat attitude. It was an enjoyable process. Great process; Great culture so far.

Interview Questions

• What is your main driver or goal for this role?   1 Answer

Interview

2 interviews...one in person with regional sales manager and another over the phone with area director.

Interview Questions

• Pros/Cons of companies employing a robust SEM strategy...challenges to run it effectively.   Answer Question

IMC (Internet Marketing Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Ridiculous "personality profile" assessments and basic math and mind game tests followed by mandatory prerequisite interview prep that should be two weeks worth of training to learn their technology, the company, and how to present it. No support from the recruiters at all.

IMC (Internet Marketing Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Edina, MN).

Interview

Phone calls and one personal face to face meeting

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal.

Interview

Interview process was detailed. Three phone interviews with recruiter who works for the company and a manager outside the area. Two face to face interviews, one with the area manager and regional manager. Also went through training for a week in Dallas...very thorough. Upper management used to be present for training but company has since gone through a big disconnect.

Interview Questions

• There is an assistant position that pays a guarantee of around $70,000 or an IMC position that is salaried at $38000 plus commission. Which position are you looking for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated a guarantee of $50k salary first year by showing W2 from previous position.

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Plano, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process involved three stages. The first was with a corporate recruiter over the phone. Then, the second interview was over the phone with the District Manager. The final interview was with both the Regional Sales Manager and Sales Manager in person at my local office. Overall, this was a logical and effective qualifying interview process for this position.

Interview Questions

• Discuss any previous accolades and highlights in my sales experience.   Answer Question

Intenet Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Washington, DC).

Interview

Submitted my application online through in house recruiter and was contacted, and conducted phone interview and role play. Next step was face to face interview with office manager, and then recommended to next step interview with area director, and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I felt confident during the interview process and was prepared for any questions. I did not find the interview difficult, or unexpected questions that I could not answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated my base salary, and expressed what I was willing to accept, and was presented a written compensation package, with commissions, and full benefit package, with expense reimbursement

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a ReachLocal recruiter via LinkedIn. The recruiter was very upfront regarding the position. During the interview process I met the local Sales Manager and the Area Sales Manager in person, I had phone interview with the Regional Manager and 2 phone interviews with the recruiter. I submitted a resume, completed an online application and took an online personality test. Although it may seem like a lot of steps it went very smoothly and I was never left to wonder where I stood.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to start a career at ReachLocal?   1 Answer

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Plano, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online and didn't receive a response until I contacted an employee to refer me into the recruiters. Phone interview w recruiter was very brief to verify relevance, and I was scheduled for an in-person with the Regional Sales Manager. They were flooded with interviewees at this time and it felt like a cattle call.

Interview Questions

• How many calls did you make per day at your last job? How many appointments did you set? How many appointments did you run? Why don't those numbers add up to your monthly number of meetings? Why didn't you make more sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, and offer was through the recruiters instead of management.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ReachLocal.

Interview

Interview and hiring process was extremely quick, as I'm sure the recruiter was ready to get his bonus. My recruiter was a very nice guy, but EXTREMELY dishonest in telling me what I could expect to earn.

Applied online after a job in media fell through after a management change up and was called that same day for an interview. The second interview was in person with the Regional Sales Manager where he basically just talked to me (at me) for an hour. I barely got a word in. Mainly he wanted to see how many accounts you could bring in through personal connections. And he loved the sound of his voice, so he basically just took charge of the conversation. I had an interview with the North East Director of sales over the phone the next day and was hired the next. In all, it took less than a week for everything to happen.

Interviews like this happen often in the regional offices because they are constantly firing people after only a few months or people are leaving on their own. There's an insane amount of employee turnover because it's really not all its cracked up to be.

Interview Questions

• They ask you if you understand the products. So do a lot of research if you want the job, and be ready to talk about any media sales experience you have.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase wasn't very much. They asked me what I wanted in a salary and I told them, and they obliged. I might have been able to push for more, but to be honest, it was my first job in sales (and last) and I didn't have much presence to make demands.