ReachLocal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.7

Marketing Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Plano, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The process went very quickly and smoothly! An HR recruiter reached out to me, I had a phone interview, then went for an in-person, and was hired shortly after that. They were very flexible with my start date as well, which was helpful since I had some prior engagements. The recruiter also helped me negotiate my salary, and was very thorough in answering any questions I had about benefits and etc., once I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked multiple questions about how I would handle certain situations that revolved around a brand's digital presence. The program I was interviewing for was brand new, so they told me at that time that training would be provided and that since I had a background that was similar to what they were looking for, that it would likely be a good fit.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ReachLocal in November 2014.

Interview

I had 1 phone interview and 2 face to face interviews, phone interview with recruiter was great, they liked my skill set and resume. face to face interview with 2 managers was great also fairly self detailed and wanted to know more about myself. the last interview was with a regional manager similar process to meeting with managers, going over my skills and previous experiences

Support Engineer Level I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the lead Network Engineer and VoIP guys. They were cool and asked very rigorous questions for a level I position. I had an opportunity to be exposed to various IT related questions that potential employers may ask in the future.

Interview Questions

• VLAN, when to implement and who does it work? Which layer is VLAN tagging?   1 Answer

Well, I didn't decline but the position was closed as I was given an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Had two interviews with ReachLocal, one on the phone and one in the office. Did not find the interview process difficult but the company has changed since I started in 2008.

Negotiation

no negotiation phase.. take it or leave it

Interview

takes about 3 months but so does everything they do
    They have let go or had so many peole resign in the office that I would not be anonymous answering anymore.

Interview Questions

• Very generic:
      What is your biggest fault?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for more and they gave it

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Plano, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Recruiter was very helpful in terms of speaking to you to find the right fit for you. The recruiting process was pretty fast, I was hired on within about 2-3 weeks. There were two phone interviews with the recruiter, then two on-site interviews, one with the department managers & a shadowing interview with employees.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal in June 2014.

Interview

It was a little confusing and scattered. Every call was a different job title and different interview. Was supposed to have a phone interview testing my product knowledge. That changed to just an in person group interview.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal (Woodland Hills, CA).

Interview

The interview started about 10 minutes late.
    The hiring manager didn't introduce himself/herself, nor did (s)he introduce the company and give an introduction to the position.

It went straight to a "Tell me about yourself" type-of interview, and the manager was clearly not routinized on how to perform a proper interview. Arbitrary interviews are rarely impactful...

The lack of introduction to the company lead me to question and "turn" the interview toward the hiring manager, which is unfavorable in an interview, but was clearly needed so I could understand the position, since the posted job description and details were generic and thrown together on a whim.

The hiring manager asked irrelevant questions, and it was hard to get a feeling of where the interview was heading.
    Questions such as "What do you think are the most important things a Product Manager does?" and "...but what are the most important characteristics of a Product Manager?" are extremely inappropriate to ask, when there is no context to the question.

There were absolutely no technical questions which lead me to think that the hiring manager had very little, or no in-depth knowledge about the technical side of things other than throwing around words such as "QA", "software development" and "legacy code".

The position went from a Product Manager, to the hiring manager's assistant, to "someone that will take on several projects in the near future".

The inconsistency and lack of enthusiasm shown by the hiring manager was a clear indicator that the company merely needed a pair of hands to complement the hiring manager's work and projects.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.........   1 Answer

Interview

2 interviews...one in person with regional sales manager and another over the phone with area director.

Interview Questions

• Pros/Cons of companies employing a robust SEM strategy...challenges to run it effectively.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ReachLocal.

Interview

Recruiters reach out via LinkedIn

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little opportunity for negotiation.