Reading Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Reading Health System Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.8

Medica Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reading Health System.

Interview

Quick and simple, but I was a returning employee that had support of department supervisor.
    Had interview at HR and then another with department supervisor. They now do group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult experience you have had at other jobs and how you handled it.   Answer Question

May 5, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your interview experience. You indicated that you had a negative experience. We would like to obtain more information from you because we want all candidates ... More

Medical Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyomissing, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Reading Health System (Wyomissing, PA).

Interview

contacted by human resources literally months after applying. Had interview with manager of department and nurse in department who asked majority of questions. Then 30+ days later went for second interview with physician in practice and another nurse and also manager attended. Basically just same info exchanged.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years as a front office receptionist (PSR)
      what is your greatest weakness/strength.
      last attendance record.
      why did you leave last job?
      what will you do to get to know your new co-workers?
      1 Answer

Jan 11, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our recruitment process. I think the following information might help put the delays into perspective. When we post clerical positions ... More

Fiscal Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reading Health System (Reading, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with a human resources employee as well as a department supervisor. They were both very personable and thorough. Interview questions were standard. I walked away with a good understanding of the position, job requirements, and what to expect from the hiring process if I were to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

Reading Health System Response

Nov 4, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review of your interview experience. We are very happy to hear your experience was positive. Thanks for your interest in employment with Reading Health System.--Gretchen Adams ... More

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reading Health System (West Reading, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

The first step involved a phone screening/interview, where you're then invited to come in if you match their basic requirements.

The in-person interview consisted of a 20-30 minute meet with an HR representative which goes over school, work history, basic history questions, etc. The HR rep then goes over schedule, salary, and benefits to give you a heads up should you be offered a position. This is followed by a 15 minute interview with the nurse manager(s) where they ask you behavioral and "tell us about a time when..." questions. Finally, you shadow a nurse for an hour or so, so that you can get a feel for the floor.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time something didn't work out the way you wanted it to.   Answer Question

Graduate Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Reading Health System.

Interview

Chris was the nicest recruiter I have ever dealt with. He gave me great information about the position, salary, benefits, tuition assistance when I go back for my BSN, etc. He emailed me all the interview information (location, who I would be meeting with, agenda, map of the health system). He actually spoke to me like a real person. I have spoke to many recruiters that seem robotic. The nurse manager was great and gave me great information about the floor, teamwork, expectations. I like that I could spend some time on the floor after speaking to the nurse manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Graduate nurse rate was given during interview process.

Administrative Resident Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Reading Health System (Reading, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. Had an initial phone interview and was then invited to an on-site interview. HR was kind enough to make hotel reservations and reimburse me for my travel expenses. The interview itself was long but relatively easy; mostly behavioral/experience-based questions. I met with several senior leaders and had great conversations with most of them. I left the interview thinking I did well. I was told to expect a response in a couple of weeks. I sent follow up emails after two weeks had passed by but never received a response. I only got to know I did not get a job when I heard that someone else was extended the offer. Advice to HR: Please inform final candidates of your decision. I know hiring can be an overwhelming experience and you are probably hiring for multiple positions simultaneously but a quick email informing a candidate of your decision is the bare minimum.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What question would you wish I asked you?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reading Health System (West Reading, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Too long...Recruiter amazing...never had a recruiter know financials, salary, and benefits in great detail...Nicole DeSantis was excellent. Interview with Nurse Manager great, but staff interview not good. Reminded me of the "insiders/popular group" from high school. I wouldn't want to work on this floor but yes to the organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a patient experience that had a everlasting impression. Why? How did that make you feel? Why did you take that approach? Would you do anything differently? What did you learn from this experience?   1 Answer

EVS Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reading Health System (West Reading, PA).

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Nothing out of the ordinary. Consisted of you being in a room with 3 people ( the director supervisor and one from human resources). Asking simple questions. Overall though the entire hiring process takes about a month from filling the application online to the interview process and finally getting to the orientation date. Theres testing online before you get an interview date (not the same as the application, if your being considered its required) and of course there's health tests to be done as well (hospital procedure, but this is after, if you've been accepted).. All in all the interview is easy nothing major EVS will probably hire almost anyone, it is one of the 'lower class' groups in the hospital, as well as 'laundry' and 'dietary/nutrition services' ...you'll find that out once you've been hired and actually work... Food for thought.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Jun 29, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your detailed review of your interview. Please know that all employees play an important role within the organization no matter what level they are. It is important to note that many ... More

Call Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Reading Health System (Reading, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

It took 3 weeks before HR called me and scheduled an appointment. There as an HR rep and two supervisors present. Everyone was friendly and accommodating and it felt more like a conversation than an interview. They asked pretty common, basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you overcame   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reading Health System.

Interview

Very positive experience. The recruiter was professional and friendly. I met several staff members, and all were very friendly and more than willing to answer questions. The interview included a thorough tour of the facility, which was modern and clean. They also provided lunch with a staff member, which allowed me to ask more detailed questions about the position and facility. The background checks and pre-employment testing with occupational health were extensive.

Interview Questions

• Was there a patient that made an impression on you, that did well in therapy and made a great recovery?   Answer Question