ReadyTalk Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ReadyTalk Software Engineer Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ReadyTalk (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Before being considers for an interview, applicants are required to answer a lengthy questionnaire asking for likes and dislikes about broad technologies categories (Java, C++, Windows, Apple, and while they don't ask directly, they indirectly ask what you spend your free time doing.

From the process and response from the company, they are looking for total technology nerds. If you don't spend your free time writing code from an open-source project, they consider that a "red flag" and eliminate you from consideration. They look for people for whom the command line is the primary form of "social" interaction. The well-rounded need not apply.

The job description stated: "Willing to work off-hours", read: Always working after hours - that's the real "red flag". Apparently the trend towards work-life balance is lost on this company. Don't waste your time on the questionnaire unless going home to write more code and play video games is the highlight of your day.

Interview Questions

• Answer broad, vague questions in a questionnaire.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ReadyTalk

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReadyTalk.

Interview

Unfortunately I had very unusual interview process with Ready Talk. First I had video interview one of the Engineering team leader it took around an hour he was nice, knowledgeable then I was invited to their office for technical interview.
    First round of technical interview was good not tricky question more of SQL, and programming questions I really liked developers they were smart, talkative it took around an hour. Second part of technical interview was with Head of Engineer like first part it was enjoyable great conversation. After couple days I was invited to their office for Cultural interview. Cultural interview I had with 4 people there were higher management it was not really hard just questions with different scenarios.

This is the part weird things starts... same day Cultural interview my recruiter called me and exactly said me this: ' They liked me so much but the project they are looking it would be boring for me' which means I am overqualified for the job not so they offered me to have interview with their parent company PGI so I said okay next day interviewed with manager he told me I would be better fit for another project. I was like what is going on why this company stretching out the process like that. Anyways I did that interview with another manager guess what that manager wants to have Technical and one another interview funny huh!

At the end I said no to them I don't want to have another 2 interview with you because I already had same exact interviews with the Ready Talk company.

So now I want to tell you guys 2 things is Ready Talk and PGI same company or not? If yes why don't you share interview results with each others? I am personally self taught person how can you make assumptions people would be bored if they work for you? If you know project details why don't you share with possible candidates? It was the most weird interview of my whole career.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ReadyTalk.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and setup an initial phone interview which went well. After that I was asked to fill out a questionnaire that asked about my thoughts on different technologies and my experiences with them. They wanted lots of detail, but I didn't have time to spend hours on it. They wanted to know about side projects, but I'm in school and working full-time so I did not have any. I like technology, but it's clear they don't want you to have a work-life balance or a family so this would probably be a good job for new single grads.