Real Magnet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Real Magnet Interview Questions

2.5

Business Development (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Real Magnet (Bethesda, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I heard back in about a week. I had a phone interview for about 30 minutes. Fairly professional. Asked the usual questions about my sales background, why I wanted to apply to Real Magnet, and what I knew about market automation. I was interviewed by one person, but because we were on speaker phone, I suspected someone else was listening in on our conversation. Frankly, I was a little hesitate in applying for the position, because of the extreme negative reviews about the company. The person interviewing me didn't seem very enthusiastic in speaking with me, but in all fairness to him, maybe he was having a bad day, or had been busy conducting a lot of phone interviews. Also, I was originally told they were planning to hire 2 Business Development (Sales) people, but he decided to only hire one person for now. Unsure why, but maybe just testing the waters. As a result of his decision, I never had a chance to come in for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your sales background. What did you do at this particular job.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Real Magnet (Bethesda, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

I am a senior QA Analyst at my current job. I had a brief phone interview with Real Magnet which went well. For the onsite interview was interviewed by a guy who was the IT department head and another female employee, I think a designer. The interview went well until the lady started asking questions. She had no clue what she was talking about and asked unrelated bizarre questions. They need to have better staff to interview with some knowledge about the position, reflects poorly on the company. I decided not to interview any more.

Senior SQL Database Administrator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Real Magnet in September 2011.

Interview

Sr. DBA stumbled by Jr. interviewer

1. Some general questions during phone interview went well
    2. Personal interview was okay. I respect that CIO is always busy and didn't want to waste too much time, which is good. However, the tech asked very general questions and expect you to have a specific answer. When asking more details for the scenario, he just couldn't provide. Every "real" DBA knows "it depends". For example, how do you go about to improve INSERT performance? Answer: "MERGE?" Of course..., it's incorrect.
    3. For interviewer, please do some researches on MSSQLTips.com, SQLAuthority, and so on.
    4. For interviewee, please just give a Jr. DBA answer. Like index seek improves performance, join hints, MERGE, Raid 10, separate data and log files, lock escalations,...

Interview Questions

• how do you go about to improve INSERT performance?   1 Answer

Senior SQL Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Real Magnet in September 2011.

Interview

Sr. DBA stumbled by Jr. interviewer:

1. Phone interviewed some general questions and went well.
    2. Personal interview was okay. I respect that CIO is always busy and didn't want to waste too much time, which is good. However the tech person asked some very general questions and expect you to give a very specific answer. A real Sr. DBA knows that a lot of times "it depends". When I ask more specific conditions and the interviewer just couldn't provide. One example: How do you improve INSERT performance? Answer: MERGE. I think real DBAs know the answer is wrong.
    3. I've interviewed many people as well. For the interviewer, please do some researches on the questions. MSSQLTips, SQLAuthority and,....
    4. Advices for interviewee: give an easy Jr. DBA answer: RAID 10, MERGE, DISK IO, Partition, Index seek, JOIN hints.