Receipt Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Receipt Bank

2.7

New Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Receipt Bank (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very clear and straightforward. I worked through a recruiter who put me in touch with the hiring manager. From there I answered questions via email and was called in for an interview. Afterwards, I was assigned a presentation to demonstrate my skills to the hiring team. I then received my offer.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Receipt Bank (Washington, DC) in October 2018.

Interview

External recruiter was amazing, but Receipt Bank DC was unorganized and unprepared.

1 phone call with recruiter, 1 with RB HR rep, 3 in-person meetings scheduled back-to-back with direct sales manager, VP, and CMO.

There was no receptionist at the office. The sales manager found me walking around and introduced themselves. I waited in the designated office and the hiring manager came in a few minutes later and pulled up my resume. Conversation was a casual overview of RB and representative of a emerging start-up within a larger global organization - interview questions were traditional and direct.

With the next meeting, the VP did not even review my resume beforehand or even want to pull up the electronic copies they had - they asked for a paper copy I didn't have. This is counterintuitive for a company that sells products to help people become efficient and paperless.

They instead asked direct questions about my sales background instead of asking how I would sell their products. The VP was very curt and left after I asked a few questions of mine after answering theirs. The HR rep was called in and said the CMO was apparently pulled into a director meeting and could not meet with me.

A day later, the recruiter reached out via phone and communicated RB's thoughts that I wasn't a good fit because I wasn't aggressive enough and not prepared (noting the lack of paper resume for the VP). RB's actions and communications are unorganized and unclear as they continually stressed their need for a consultative salesperson, but asked questions looking for an high-pressure salesperson and cited the lack of that expression in clarifying my sales experience was an issue. To note, my sales experience is in full cycle sales with an extremely well recognized global tech company.

Moreover, the RB team had a week to review and/or print out my resume and instead waited until last minute to review it in front of me, or not at all, in the case of the VP.

Interview Questions

• If I spoke to your past manager, what would they say are the three qualities you have, and the three qualities you need to improve?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you lost a sale.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your favorite sale.   Answer Question

Key Account Interview

Interview

Simple and straight forward. They don't try to trick you, looking for both professional fit and personality fit. Interview process has 2 to 3 rounds - possibly including mock scenarios, but that is based on role

User Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Receipt Bank (Washington, DC) in October 2018.

Interview

Abstract: This was the worst interview process I have ever been through. Receipt Bank gave me an offer, and then took it away. Additionally, their CMO didn't show up - twice - for my final interview after Receipt Bank had me drive a total of 5 hours for it. Full report below:

I was first in contact with Receipt Bank through an external recruiter. My position would have been for the Washington DC office, while the manager would have been in London. I had my first video conversation with the manager, which went well. The second interview was supposed to be a workshop, though it was a quasi-prepared interview panel (1 person on the panel was absent, who the other teammates were waiting for). There was no workshop - just an opportunity to meet the team, which was fine. So far so good!

Then it turned awful.

I was invited for an onsite interview in DC. My only meeting was supposed to be a video call with the CMO, who was in London at the time. This may have defeated the purpose of an onsite interview, but it was an opportunity to see the office, which is fair. After waiting in the meeting room for the CMO to join the video call, he did not show up. HR got nervous; I felt really bad for the HR since they were scrambling to make sure the CMO would log on. After waiting 45 minutes, they canceled the interview, since the CMO was too busy to join. They did not even offer travel reimbursement for the total of 5 hours of driving.

They then rescheduled the interview for the next morning, which I was to take at home. Again, the CMO did not show up for the video call. HR at Receipt Bank was again scrambling to get the CMO on the call. Finally, by the time the call was supposed to be done, he showed up, with a meager apology. The worst part of the interview, though, was that he was distracted by typing on his phone, and I wasn’t sure if he was even fully paying attention. Even through this, I – being the fool that I am – decided Receipt Bank was still worth a shot since the CMO in the US was not reflective of the nice research team in London.

Eventually, Receipt Bank gave me a verbal offer. Through every step of the way, I was in touch with the external recruiter, who was relaying messages from Receipt Bank. I was getting a call everyday notifying me that Receipt Bank was writing up the offer, ready to send to me the next morning. I even gave the assurance that I would accept the offer at Receipt Bank, despite the negligence from the CMO. This back and forth lasted over a week, where the external recruiter would tell me that Receipt Bank was about to send me the offer. At this point, the external recruiter was even visibly frustrated with Receipt Bank and embarrassed by them (rightfully so). I asked the external recruiter to allow me to speak with Receipt Bank, in the hopes of clarifying details of the offer. Receipt Bank never got back to the external recruiter in order to do this.

Fast forward to two weeks later on Thanksgiving, I finally receive an email from Receipt Bank, telling me to remain patient as they are about to send me the written offer, since they already gave me the verbal one. Just 5 days later, they then tell me that they are not hiring for the position anymore due to “recent developments” from the CPO and CFO. They told me that I would have been “an incredibly good fit.” The external recruiter found this shocking, as Receipt Bank didn’t even communicate this news with them.

I turned down another offer in order to work at Receipt Bank. I am an idiot for this, even though I had signals pointing that things are seriously wrong at Receipt Bank. Wrong in their internal communication between HR and the rest of the organization, wrong in their communication with their external recruiter, wrong in how their leadership doesn’t show up for interviews, and finally, wrong in their past employees’ Glassdoor reviews. I gave the benefit of the doubt when reading the negative employee reviews on Glassdoor, but the reviews seem to be a good indicator – stay away from Receipt Bank. You'll notice some odd rating trends in the summer of 2017 (Glassdoor publishes a ratings graph if you click next to the overall company score), which make it seem as if they are burying the more concerning reviews by having many consecutive glowing ones in July 2017 (this is a suspicion, not a fact).

I emailed Receipt Bank to at least speak with them. Still nothing from Receipt Bank. If they finally respond on Glassdoor, it will be disingenuous. Just know that they are not responding when being sent private communication – both to the external recruiter that they’re “working with” and a candidate that they gave an offer to. If they respond that this was a “one-time” incident, also realize that they skipped interviews and hadn’t responded (to the external recruiter they hired) multiple times in this process. As the external recruiter said, "this is a textbook example of everything that a company should not do."

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ljubljana (Slovenia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Receipt Bank (Ljubljana (Slovenia)) in November 2017.

Interview

The whole interviewing process is very unstructured and disorientating. For the first round, I have been called in for a group/panel screening and afterwards for 1:1 interview with one of their local managers (1Tap). Later I have been invited for a chat with their chief people and talent officer and had a long chat about my previous work, their company and HR management in general. I have received informal invitation to work from them, but afterwards they had some problems with the budgeting and everything went quiet. I haven't heard from them ever since as they suddenly stopped responding to emails. A rejection message or at least something in that form would be nice.
    Very unprofessional staff that has issues with budgeting, coordination and inner communication. Best to avoid.

Talent Acquisition Partner Interview

Interview

I contacted Receipt Bank directly regarding a Talent Acquisition opportunity they were recruiting for. Although I was unfortunately late to apply as they were in the process of offering another candidate, the company were gracious enough to still call me, go through the details of the role and understand my career aspirations. As promised they contacted me again to confirm the candidate had accepted the offer, and were kind enough to offer me words of encouragement going forward with my job search. I was very impressed and would highly recommend to any prospective candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why am I looking to transition from Agency to Onsite?   1 Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plovdiv (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Receipt Bank (Plovdiv (Bulgaria)) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview had 2 steps only - both around 60 minutes of video discussion over skype.

First step was with a team leader from one of the technical teams - surprisingly friendly and laid back conversation. The main question was will I be able to handle my daily tasks in this specific company without any complex theory never used in real life of a full stack developer. It covered pretty much all major aspects of web development skills - which are the strong areas and what should be learned/improved. It was a pleasant surprise to find out missing some of the skills is not a problem as long as you're willing to learn - in my case it was lack of TDD experience. I was given a list of books as a recommendation to read and learn and a fair period of time to do so.

Second interview was with the CTO - another pleasant surprise on how friendly and relaxed the conversation went. Focus of this meeting was advanced technical topics and trying to figure out which team would be a best fit for my skillset and what I my personal preferences.

Interview Questions

• One of the most important questions is experience in Test Driven Development.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Receipt Bank (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, followed up by a personal meeting.
    Straightforward and clearly asked questions. My job requirements, future responsibilities, and the overall atmosphere were described in a concise and up-to-the-point way.
    Interviewer was extremely open to my questions, with the conversation flowing in a natural way, with subsequent questions developed on my own answers.
    My initial impression was that this company is determined to bring out the best in their people and to really motivate them to try and make a difference.

Interview Questions

• Can you pinpoint one lesson which you've personally learned from a past mistake - not necessarily a mistake in your work, just a mistake that you've made.   Answer Question

Backend Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Receipt Bank in February 2017.

Interview

Talked about the work I have done and how I work.
    Interviewer came over as ignorant and not truly interested working with me.
    The whole company is unorganized - one does not know what the other does. Never got to talk to a decision maker.

Interview Questions

• Why did you use X technology on your last project (why didn't you use the one we use ... implied as if the decision I have made was dumb and theirs is superior)   Answer Question

Business Development and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Receipt Bank (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Just got asked a couple brief questions about my work and university experience. You get asked to get immediately to work, stay there for the rest of the day doing tasks for your superior. If they like you and you cope well with your task, you are going to get an offer on the spot!