Red Frog Events Event Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Frog Events Event Coordinator Interview Questions

2.8

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There were a lot of people interviewing for event coordinator/planning their Warrior Dash events, Scavenger Hunts and other events. They gave me a quick tour of their office which included a ride down the slide in the middle of one of the rooms. Then the interview took place in a glass office with a conference table made entirely of legos. The Hiring Manager tossed me a beach ball with questions on it. Wherever my thumb landed, I had to answer that question.

Interview Questions

• What is the riskiest thing you've ever done?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Red Frog Events

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Typical Phone Interview was pretty short. Then invited to the office for an in-person with both founders. The interview was mostly standard. A few "interesting" questions were presented to see if the personality fit the culture.

Interview Questions

• What animal would you be...
      Describe one of the biggest challenges you've overcome.
      Can you lift a 50 lb box?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Frog Events.

Interview

First you have to apply online and then if they like you there is a phone interview. If you are cool enough to get past that then they invite you to come to their awesome office for an in person interview. The phone interview is done by one person, and the in person interview is done by two. They ask you normal questions and then at the end you pick a card to answer a random one.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for interns.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The hiring process had 3 steps: online application, phone interview, and then in-person interview. After submitting my cover letter and resume online, I received a phone interview. This consisted of questions on leadership, your role on a team, and random questions about your personality. This included questions such as: "What are 3 things on your bucket list?" and "If you could have a private concert for you and your friends, who would perform?"

After passing the phone interview, I had an in-person interview. The questions were out of the ordinary but fun to answer. Questions included "What color describes you?" and "If you could pick a song to describe your life, what would it be?" Overall, it was a relaxed interview where laughing was encouraged. I got a call that I got an offer the next week.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were stressed and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was studying abroad when I applied. Sent in resume and cover letter and got an email scheduling a phone interview. Shortly after, received an email saying that I got a skype interview. Skype was much more personal. Phone interview was basic questions

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Frog Events.

Interview

Resume and cover letter submission first via website, then 30 minute phone interview and 30 minute in person interview at office in Chicago. The phone interview is with one full-time employee and the in-person interview could be with 1-3 full time employees on the Recruitment team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Event Coordinator Interview

Interview

Applied online through the website, was contacted by phone after two days. Next I had to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I received an email to schedule an in person interview at their office in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• If you had a budget of $200,000 what kind of event would you host?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Red Frog Events in August 2014.

Interview

I applied in late May 2014 and my application status remained listed as 'screened' for a little over 2 months before it changed to 'interview'. During this period I emailed them twice, both times with relatively quick responses saying that they were in the process of changing the program to travel-based rather than Chicago based and that they were working on it. So, in regards to time I believe they are typically much more punctual with getting around to interviews.

The interview process consisted of a one-way video chat where I was recorded while answering questions that had been previously recorded. It was definitely uncomfortable, but I had 30 seconds to prepare each answer before recording began and I could take as many practice interviews as I like. I preferred this method of interviewing to traditional face-to-face or Skype because it cut out any awkward introductions or moments between questions and I really loved having 30 seconds to prep an answer without being judged for not having an answer off the top of my head.

My biggest piece of advice is to really prepare - know what you want say to base almost every answer to the typical interview questions and then have random fun facts about yourself on hand too; also know all about Red Frog, you won't get the job if they don't think you're interested and you don't look interested if you don't know what events they host or what their core values are. There are a ton of people out there who want this more than anything and have been preparing for a long time who will get it over you if you don't prepare like they do. I did get the internship and even though it wasn't what I had originally applied for, it was an amazing experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time something went wrong at work that was your fault and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and saw my status go from pending to interview very quickly. They called me and left a few voicemails but I was abroad and couldn't get them. In this time my status went to 'screened' which scared me, but then they emailed me which I thought was nice because they really went out of the way to contact me. My initial interview was a lot of standard questions about event planning and how I worked with a team. My second interview was a skype interview and one girl was very nice but the other didn't seem to be interested in me so I didn't end the interview with a great feeling. I never got many of the strange personality questions they're known for.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time someone in a group didn't pull their weight   Answer Question
    • If there was a movie about your life, who would play you?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Interview

The hardest part of the process is the getting an interview. After that the interview was not too hard. They just want to see if you fit their culture. Questions can be very random and weird, just answer honestly. They will see through any artificial answers so just say what pops to mind on the random questions.

Interview Questions

• What is an item you want to mark off your bucket list in the next year.   Answer Question