Red Frog Events Event Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Frog Events Event Coordinator Interview Questions

2.8

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There were a lot of people interviewing for event coordinator/planning their Warrior Dash events, Scavenger Hunts and other events. They gave me a quick tour of their office which included a ride down the slide in the middle of one of the rooms. Then the interview took place in a glass office with a conference table made entirely of legos. The Hiring Manager tossed me a beach ball with questions on it. Wherever my thumb landed, I had to answer that question.

Interview Questions

• What is the riskiest thing you've ever done?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Red Frog Events

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Typical Phone Interview was pretty short. Then invited to the office for an in-person with both founders. The interview was mostly standard. A few "interesting" questions were presented to see if the personality fit the culture.

Interview Questions

• What animal would you be...
      Describe one of the biggest challenges you've overcome.
      Can you lift a 50 lb box?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the Event Coordinator Internship and received a phone interview 2 weeks later. The phone interview was casual and asked a couple of experience questions and situation-based questions. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. About a week later I got a call telling me they wanted me to come in for an in-person interview. When I went in to their offices, I received a tour of the facility and then sat down with an Event Director and the HR Manager for the interview. The in-person interview was very similar to the phone interview - very casual and asked basically the same questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the coolest thing you could do only once?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter online and was very excited because I had worked hard to create a unique video cover letter. I received a call asking to set up a phone interview. I was disappointed by the phone interview because it the interviewer seemed very unenthusiastic and the questions were very standard as opposed to the original ones it seemed like other prospective candidates got.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

There was a cover letter and resume application followed by a 1:1 phone interview. If you're successful on the phone interview, you go into an in-person interview with two current employees on the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick a song to go along with your life, what would it be?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Frog Events in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online for the internship program, which is largely defunct now. Was selected for a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes. Recruiter asked some job-related questions and some "quirky" questions. Did not advance to in-person interviews.

I enjoyed the experience and really would have liked to visit their Chicago office. Maybe next time!

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Red Frog Events in August 2014.

Interview

I applied in late May 2014 and my application status remained listed as 'screened' for a little over 2 months before it changed to 'interview'. During this period I emailed them twice, both times with relatively quick responses saying that they were in the process of changing the program to travel-based rather than Chicago based and that they were working on it. So, in regards to time I believe they are typically much more punctual with getting around to interviews.

The interview process consisted of a one-way video chat where I was recorded while answering questions that had been previously recorded. It was definitely uncomfortable, but I had 30 seconds to prepare each answer before recording began and I could take as many practice interviews as I like. I preferred this method of interviewing to traditional face-to-face or Skype because it cut out any awkward introductions or moments between questions and I really loved having 30 seconds to prep an answer without being judged for not having an answer off the top of my head.

My biggest piece of advice is to really prepare - know what you want say to base almost every answer to the typical interview questions and then have random fun facts about yourself on hand too; also know all about Red Frog, you won't get the job if they don't think you're interested and you don't look interested if you don't know what events they host or what their core values are. There are a ton of people out there who want this more than anything and have been preparing for a long time who will get it over you if you don't prepare like they do. I did get the internship and even though it wasn't what I had originally applied for, it was an amazing experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time something went wrong at work that was your fault and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process is definitely very "out of the box." They're really trying to get a sense of who you are as an individual to figure out if you'll be a good culture fit. Definitely have to be able to think quickly on your feet to prove that you can fit in with the family.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Frog Events.

Interview

First you have to apply online and then if they like you there is a phone interview. If you are cool enough to get past that then they invite you to come to their awesome office for an in person interview. The phone interview is done by one person, and the in person interview is done by two. They ask you normal questions and then at the end you pick a card to answer a random one.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for interns.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Red Frog is notorious for their interview process, as they receive thousands of applications for their internships each month. I had several interviews on the phone before I was asked to come tour the office for one final, in-person interview. They are really looking for people who will not only succeed in their job, but will fit in the Red Frog culture as well. My best advice would be to simply be yourself, and respond to questions with a conversational approach. None of the interviewers are trying to trick you, they just want to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• If you had to name a movie about your life, what would it be titled and why?   Answer Question