Red Frog Events Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.9

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was moved on to round two. This was an interview that was conducted online, with no people. Questions popped up on the screen and you'd have to answer. No reading people on if the generic question was on track with what they were asking or if you were going in the wrong direction. Very disappointed, for a company that thrives on culture and people, not even meeting face to face was an insult. Sales involves reading people and maintaining conversations, not talking to a wall. Sadly, the values they preach don't seem to be existent and their interview process is a joke which leads to red flags.

Digital Content Curator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I was excited to hear that I had an interview with Red Frog as they do really cool events and the job looked interesting. However the interview was a recorded video interview where you got one shot to practice (which I ended up using mostly to prepare) and one shot to record. Still am not sure the company couldn't see everything. I also clicked the wrong button once and submitted my practice interview instead of recording another. I wish there had at least been a phone screen at first because I much prefer to interact with a person, establish a rapport, have a real conversation. I was asked not to come in for an in-person interview after the video interview.

Interview Questions

• - Tell us a little about yourself.
      - What company is doing something interesting on social media right now?
      - Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a few weeks later that they would like to interview me. The entire process was not your usual interview. I had about 4 days to go to their website (or through an app) and record myself answering interview questions. I thought this was convenient for anyone who has a busy schedule. They allow you to practice answering some questions before taking on the actual ones. There were 4 video response questions and 2 written questions, "rank which adobe programs you're strongest with and why, your greatest work achievement, ect." I received an email back a few days later thanking me for applying but they were not going to have me proceed with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something unique about you that's not on your resume.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Terrible interview process and incredibly lazy. Consisted of about 10 questions - you are shown the question and then are given a 30 second timer countdown to record a 5 minute or less response to the question.

Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Impersonal. Overly automated. Out of touch, in that one-size does not fit all. The thing is, when you go to hire for an actual leadership-level role, you need to engage with that level of professional in an appropriate way, and pre-recorded video interviews are NOT it. Additionally, I didn't receive ONE single phone call in the entire process, which progressed through several steps; absolutely absurd when hiring for a functional leader. Also, whoever was the behind-the-scenes contact via email changed a few times, and also insisted on communicating within the application platform, not via regular email.....or...wait for it...phone.
    Overall, I'm glad I continued through to get a first-hand sense of how automation doesn't necessarily improve the recruitment process; it was essentially an epic demo, from the end-user perspective.
    The end of the process was clunky as well, it really was a 'pulling the plug on this role due to downsizing' message versus any other context.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall since it was not a dialogue, but a pre-recorded question set.   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Interview

Not that intimidating despite how other applicants perceive it. Good company and on a successful path to continue trend. Interview was phone and intercom then tour of the office. Great experience even just getting to see the atmosphere

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There were a lot of people interviewing for event coordinator/planning their Warrior Dash events, Scavenger Hunts and other events. They gave me a quick tour of their office which included a ride down the slide in the middle of one of the rooms. Then the interview took place in a glass office with a conference table made entirely of legos. The Hiring Manager tossed me a beach ball with questions on it. Wherever my thumb landed, I had to answer that question.

Interview Questions

• What is the riskiest thing you've ever done?   1 Answer

Customer Experience Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Frog Events in January 2016.

Interview

Filled out a brief online application then was invited to complete a 25-30 min video interview. The interview was a bit awkward and different than any job interviews I have partaken in. Red Frog uses pre-recorded videos of their HR staff who ask a question and then you have 2 practice takes to answer the questions until the real recording takes place. It can be comfortable but also fun at the same time if you just ignore the small video of yourself recording while you answer their interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in which you were in a conflict with a coworker and how you were able to manage it.   Answer Question

PHP Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a message the following day to schedule a phone interview with a current web developer. I scheduled for the following week.

The phone interview was with one of their current developers. He began by discussing some of my experiences, what frameworks I had used, what I loved about web development, etc. He then moved on to culture fit questions, such as how would deal with a difficult co-worker. I was then asked a lot of questions about what I do outside of work, what I liked about Red Frog, and more general culture fit questions. We seemed to get along.

The following day, I was invited for an on-site interview. I traveled to Chicago (I lived in a city close by) and sat down with a recruiter and the web developer I spoke with on the phone. I got a tour of the office before being led to a conference room. They asked more specific questions about my work experience, PHP, and the Laravel platform. There was a lot of comparing and contrasting the different technologies I used in my career. The recruiter also asked many behavioral questions, such as what my biggest accomplishment was. I was told I would receive a decision and possibly an offer within the next week.

At the end of that week, I was asked to schedule another on-site interview. I requested a video chat instead, which was accepted. I was also given two basic coding projects to do the week before my interview. While they were not too bad and fair, it was difficult for me to devote the time needed to produce a 100% quality product considering I had family issues at the time and was a full-time student. I sent the code sample on the day of my interview.

The video chat consisted of me presenting my solutions to a team of 3 developers and explaining why I made the decisions I made. I then had more behavioral and general technical questions, such as why I liked web development, what I was going to school for, etc. Some questions from the previous interview were repeated, I have a feeling as though they were testing to see if I had further researched what was discussed in the last interview. Following that, an HR representative came in for the last 10 minutes and did a lightning round of situational "Tell me about a time..." questions.

Two days later, I received a generic rejection message from Jobvite, which I considered unprofessional considering how much personal interaction I had with my recruiter during the process. I do not think I would apply at Red Frog again.

Interview Questions

• Out of all of the programming languages out there, why PHP?   Answer Question
    • What are looking forward to in PHP 7?   Answer Question
    • What do you like and dislike about Laravel?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult boss or co-worker. How did you remedy the situation?   Answer Question

Marketing& Content Creator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted 2-3 days later for a digital interview. Digital interview consisted of recording yourself answering 12 set questions asked by Red Frog HR. A few questions were writing-based, while the rest were you explaining on camera. You had 30 seconds to read the question and prepare what you wanted to say.

Interview Questions

• On a scale from 1-10, how confident are you in your content skills?   Answer Question