Red Frog Events Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Frog Events Interview Questions

2.9

Event Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Frog Events.

Interview

Applied, offered an interview the next morning (Digital/Video Interview), hired same day as interview. It was actually quite easy as long as you're familiar with the company and have been on other interviews. I had been anticipating a lot of creative, improvisation type questions, but they were all pretty predictable and easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions- a lot about working with groups   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Interview

Applied online through the website, was contacted by phone after two days. Next I had to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I received an email to schedule an in person interview at their office in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• If you had a budget of $200,000 what kind of event would you host?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Red Frog Events in August 2014.

Interview

I applied in late May 2014 and my application status remained listed as 'screened' for a little over 2 months before it changed to 'interview'. During this period I emailed them twice, both times with relatively quick responses saying that they were in the process of changing the program to travel-based rather than Chicago based and that they were working on it. So, in regards to time I believe they are typically much more punctual with getting around to interviews.

The interview process consisted of a one-way video chat where I was recorded while answering questions that had been previously recorded. It was definitely uncomfortable, but I had 30 seconds to prepare each answer before recording began and I could take as many practice interviews as I like. I preferred this method of interviewing to traditional face-to-face or Skype because it cut out any awkward introductions or moments between questions and I really loved having 30 seconds to prep an answer without being judged for not having an answer off the top of my head.

My biggest piece of advice is to really prepare - know what you want say to base almost every answer to the typical interview questions and then have random fun facts about yourself on hand too; also know all about Red Frog, you won't get the job if they don't think you're interested and you don't look interested if you don't know what events they host or what their core values are. There are a ton of people out there who want this more than anything and have been preparing for a long time who will get it over you if you don't prepare like they do. I did get the internship and even though it wasn't what I had originally applied for, it was an amazing experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time something went wrong at work that was your fault and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, then was emailed to do a "digital" interview where questions were asked then i video taped my answers and submitted online. Went in for a one on one with an HR rep then a group interview with a small panel of an HR rep and a couple of people I'd be working on events with. Overall, very smooth and easy process. Red Frog is a young company with a younger staff so they're great at making applicants feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• They had me pull from a deck of cards of random questions about the job or about my personality. The question ended up being, "what is your favorite snack food?"   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Frog Events.

Interview

I was very excited about the chance to interview with Red Frog and was given the initial phone interview. I knew it was a difficult internship to get so I tried to prepare really well for the interview. The Red Frog hiring staff were very organized and friendly in their communication with me and I was impressed by that. Unfortunately, I had not prepared quite as well as I could have and really stumbled on several of my answers. I knew I wouldn't be getting another interview right after I hung up the phone. I would recommend anyone interviewing here to really do your research on the company and be ready to think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• Which Red Frog event would you be most interested in attending?   1 Answer

Graphic Design Guru Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Was emailed to participate in a recorded 1-way interview. Took about 20 - 25 minutes to complete. Pretty standard questions were asked. It was a mix of multiple choice questions and video recorded responses.

Interview Questions

• Describing a challenge you've come across in a previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and saw my status go from pending to interview very quickly. They called me and left a few voicemails but I was abroad and couldn't get them. In this time my status went to 'screened' which scared me, but then they emailed me which I thought was nice because they really went out of the way to contact me. My initial interview was a lot of standard questions about event planning and how I worked with a team. My second interview was a skype interview and one girl was very nice but the other didn't seem to be interested in me so I didn't end the interview with a great feeling. I never got many of the strange personality questions they're known for.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time someone in a group didn't pull their weight   Answer Question
    • If there was a movie about your life, who would play you?   Answer Question

Event Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Frog Events in April 2014.

Interview

Everyone was extremely friendly and polite. I had one phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes with fairly basic questions related to the position. I then had a Skype interview with two Red Froggers - I was nervous about a video interview but Nicole and Kristin were very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• If there was a book written about your life, what would the title be?   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Started with a phone interview. They ask not-so-typical questions, along with the basics.

Summer Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Frog Events (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was an average time window for interviewing (a few weeks for the whole process). I received an email about a phone interview, which was a general "tell me about yourself" phone interview and then I was called about doing a follow-up on-sight a week later. Luckily I live a train ride away from Chicago because they are not willing to reimburse for travel costs. Once on-site I was given a tour and then had to wait for 30 minutes for the interviewers to show up. It was kind of an informal interview where they had me drawing cards of some of the interview questions. There were 2 people interviewing me and they did have a few more serious questions but the bulk of my interview was spent randomly selecting questions.

Interview Questions

• They were all a bit unexpected since I drew them from a deck, but those questions were very much centered on how you explained the answer you gave.   Answer Question

See What Red Frog Events Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros: “Red Frog is a place that has drastically altered the way I think about "corporate culture." It is an environment dedicated to fostering fun and creativity, which leads to happy...”“Red Frog is a place that has drastically altered the way I think about "corporate culture." It is an environment dedicated to fostering fun and creativity, which leads to happy, positive (and thus highly productive) people. Working an event can be one of the most exhausting, insane, and fun weekends of your life. As such a young and rapidly growing company, being a part of it means seeing your work have a very real effect on the company and its events all over the country and beyond. There is a great deal of responsibility and initiative expected from day one as an intern. You're not just expected to do the legwork; everyone is encouraged to explore and suggest new ideas and new ways of operating. Some people I talk to about our events are surprised to learn that we are involved in every aspect of the planning and execution of the events; they assume that Red Frog only handles the marketing, not the merchandise, security fencing, contractors for building obstacles, contracting medics, coordinating with local officials, negotiating liquor licenses, etc. etc. etc. Whatever your career/business interest is, there's probably a team for you in the office. For full-time, salaried employees, the pay is nothing extraordinary, but the benefits package is unbelievable. Pay and benefits for interns are excellent for an entry-level position, and those that move on from Red Frog do so with more than a handful of references and plenty of interesting material for their resume.” – Full Review