Red Hat Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Hat Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.8

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, plus one with the recruiter who put me in touch with redhat for the position. The job is in Raleigh NC but I was not local so all three interviews were held via teleconference. One interview was purely technical, the second was a mix of technical and personal, and the final was another mix.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at RedHat?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when management disagreed with an idea you had, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very willing to negotiate and were entirely transparent in the process.

Other Interview Reviews for Red Hat

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

Two interviews with a manager and leader of the team I will be working with. A few emails with HR. I've been asked some questions regarding Linux and the tech I will be using, but overall rather simple and easy.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Brno (Czech Republic)).

Interview

Multiple sessions are scheduled, one for each team that shows interest in you after initial testing. Each session takes about an hour during which mostly technical questions are asked. They query your skills and experience. The questions vary by the team / role and aren't too specialized. They don't expect you to have previous experience with their tools / products. Then there is space for your questions.

Interview Questions

• What are access modifiers in object oriented programming?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Compensation is non-negotiable in most cases.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Hat (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

There were four rounds in total.

1) Interview process started with a written test :
    Questions were divided into two sections
    * Aptitude
    * Technical questions (mainly C programming and Operating Systems)

2) Technical interview - 1
    * It was mainly based on Operating systems : For example mutex, spinlock, pthreads and its implementation

3) Technical interview - 2
    * This was a tricky round, and had a mix of algorithms and data structures questions
    * linked list implementation
    * Questions based on when to use "struct" data structure and how to use it.
    * There were chain of question. Next question depended on the answer to the current question. So it's difficult to explain it in few words.

4) HR
    * This was just like typical HR round of any other company, no special questions

Interview Questions

• Question based on memory management   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

I had met some Red Hat folks at a conference, and really hit it off with them. Within the following months, they actively recruited me. Since everyone was remote, the interviews were done over the phone. It consisted of 1 interview with a recruiter, 1 with the hiring manager, and 3 other interviews with lead engineers on the product that the position was for.

Interview Questions

• Simple code/technical questions; a brain teaser of four animals crossing the bridge at night with one flash light.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got the upper bound of what I asked for; seems like I could have gotten more but I'm very pleased with it.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Brno (Czech Republic)) in June 2012.

Interview

I took a class at my university taught by people working at Red Hat, got an A, took a test for intern position and because of the class I took they didn't even have to interview me and I was hired. After 10 months I was transferred to Associate Software Engineer.