Red Hat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Hat Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later for a phone interview. It was a very professional and efficient process. Each round I moved on they explained every step thoroughly and what to expect going forward.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter and it was the worst phone interview I've ever had. He was condescending throughout the call, talked the entire time, and when I finally had a chance to ask questions at the end, he cut me off and sounded irritated. He also said I would hear from him the following week, whether they wanted to move forward or not. I never heard back from him. I've always wanted to work at Red Hat but after this experience I will not apply again.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat in April 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interview
    1- Initial phone screening and goodness of fit analysis - 30 minutes
    2- in depth conversation about previous work experience - 40 minutes
    3- Behavioral interview and further conversation about previous work experience- 60 minutes

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience with product management   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Interview

The worst experience ever. I spoke to people at the Red Hat Booth at Grace Hopper Conference 2016. They were very nice and set me up with a recruiter for an interview the following day at the conference. Unfortunately, the event had to end before the interview and it had to be postponed. Got an email from the recruiter (who was supposed to interview me) asking if I would be available for an interview the following week. I told her that I had some schoolwork to attend to that week and asked if she would be okay with me interviewing a little later because I was really interested in the company. Got no response after that. At least a no would've been decent. Sent the recruiter a reminder, which was again, ignored. Would not waste my time with these people again.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I got an email asking to schedule a phone interview and had the phone interview the next morning. He asked some questions about my resume, what I am looking for in this position and if I had any questions about the position. He also asked about my Master Thesis (which I wrote on Social Media) and specific metrics I had from working with Social Media in a previous internship. Overall, the interview lasted between 10-15 minutes.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Westford, MA).

Interview

Panel 5 people asking technical experience and particularly with open source and community involvement. How I liked collaboration and what was my work style. Opportunity was for a remote position. Asked me how I performed with a global team and meetings sometimes not from 9-5.

Senior Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Approached by recruiter about position with their consulting organization, but was bumped up to talking the Open Innovation Labs due to me experience with open source, evangelism, and public speaking. Had 1 phone screen, 2 on-line video interviews, and 1 on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you, or would you like to, help raise awareness about open source software among community groups?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview just based on my resume with the team lead. Then, had a two hour long onsite interview which consisted of behavioural questions, some logical puzzles and my experience.

Interview Questions

• How to swap two numbers without using temporary variable?   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with eleven people, including recruiters, managers, architects, and account managers. Each individual that I spoke with impressed me with his or her passion for Red Hat and the open-source way. My interest in joining Red Hat was enhanced by the very intelligent and pleasant people that I met throughout the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you were able to positively influence a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Remote, OR).

Interview

Was contacted by one of their internal recruiters. I think she was pretty new to this job; she seemed to not even know how to get the conversation started and finally blurted out, "why don't you tell me about your resume". Not specific questions about it per se, just tell me about it. She did a lot of verbal cues that she was listening, but never really asked many questions at all. She said she would be putting me in touch with the hiring manager so look for calendar invite for that time. She did this within a day or two. I had the phone interview w the hiring manager and it was wonderful. I could tell we had a great rapport and he liked how I was answering his questions and the questions I had for him. At the end of the call he said I would be invited for a panel type interview which would take approx half the day. Meeting with 4-6 people, but separately not all at one time and the recruiter would be setting that up. I waited about a week and still hadn't heard anything so I reached out to the recruiter and it took her four days to email me back. Four days! And the email said they are still working on some things internally so give her a week. I am writing this about 5 weeks after that email- never heard from then again. Obviously they have identified the candidate, but is it really that hard to send an email letting me know that? In my opinion very unprofessional of the recruiter. I have a feeling it was on her hands to complete and she just didn't.