Red Hat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Hat Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I got an email asking to schedule a phone interview and had the phone interview the next morning. He asked some questions about my resume, what I am looking for in this position and if I had any questions about the position. He also asked about my Master Thesis (which I wrote on Social Media) and specific metrics I had from working with Social Media in a previous internship. Overall, the interview lasted between 10-15 minutes.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat in April 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interview
    1- Initial phone screening and goodness of fit analysis - 30 minutes
    2- in depth conversation about previous work experience - 40 minutes
    3- Behavioral interview and further conversation about previous work experience- 60 minutes

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience with product management   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter and it was the worst phone interview I've ever had. He was condescending throughout the call, talked the entire time, and when I finally had a chance to ask questions at the end, he cut me off and sounded irritated. He also said I would hear from him the following week, whether they wanted to move forward or not. I never heard back from him. I've always wanted to work at Red Hat but after this experience I will not apply again.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview just based on my resume with the team lead. Then, had a two hour long onsite interview which consisted of behavioural questions, some logical puzzles and my experience.

Interview Questions

• How to swap two numbers without using temporary variable?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Hat (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2003.

Interview

Initial phone screen, in person 1 on 1 with hiring manager, skills test. Phone screen was fairly short. Can't recall any more details about it. In person was a long interview combined with skills test. Took about 3 hours. Can't recall how long it took for them to get back afterwards. Think it was a fairly long time.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat (Westford, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Five phone calls with members of the department after a screening with the recruiter. Each call went at least 30 minutes long. Final negotiation over salary and benefits was conducted with the recruiter. Everything was straight forward and not antagonistic.

Interview Questions

• Why would I be a good fit for Red Hat after having worked for a large company.   1 Answer

Technical Writer () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Hat (Brno (Czech Republic)) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview in 3 parts:
    1) Short talk with 2 people from lower management.
    2) Longer talk with 2 people that are part of the team I applied for.
    3) +-30 minute test with questions like: "describe in great details process of preparing sandwich"

Interview Questions

• What was the last documentation you've read and how well was it written?   Answer Question

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on the company's website w/ a referral in Sep. 2016. Received a call back pretty quickly from an internal recruiter and progressed accordingly to a phone interview with the hiring manager. Again, this call went well as I was scheduled for an onsite panel interview in the next couple of weeks (early Nov. 2016). Onsite Panel interview also went very well based on feedback received during these interviews and then follow-up from the internal recruiter.

Knew things would probably go quiet over the holidays in which they did. After not hearing anything into early Feb., I finally reached out to the internal recruiter and did not hear anything back for a couple of weeks. Went up the internal recruiter chain to another contact name I had (email and vm), received an email back that they would check on the status and get back to me.

It is now late March 2017 and have not had a communication back from Red Hat either way? This has been one of the more bizarre interviewing experiences, which is saying a lot given I have deep experience in the IT/software/Open Source Services space. The whole thing is, was very odd as I would expect an organization like Red Hat to be mature enough that a candidate experiences such as this would not be tolerated. Hopefully my experience was unique and glad that I am in a position that I was feeling Red Hat out while being gainfully employed within the space.

Would be a good use case of how not to work with and communicate with a viable candidate.

Interview Questions

• Outline how your experience aligns with the requirements of this position   1 Answer

Corporate Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

4 months from start to finish - 5 interviews total. First interview was with internal recruiter on-site. Second interview was phone interview with hiring manager. 3-5 were panel interviews with team members/hiring manager. Recruiter was unresponsive during interview process. Recruiter did not contact me when position was filled.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your work in your current position?   Answer Question

Senior Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Approached by recruiter about position with their consulting organization, but was bumped up to talking the Open Innovation Labs due to me experience with open source, evangelism, and public speaking. Had 1 phone screen, 2 on-line video interviews, and 1 on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you, or would you like to, help raise awareness about open source software among community groups?   1 Answer