Red Hat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

3.1

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with eleven people, including recruiters, managers, architects, and account managers. Each individual that I spoke with impressed me with his or her passion for Red Hat and the open-source way. My interest in joining Red Hat was enhanced by the very intelligent and pleasant people that I met throughout the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you were able to positively influence a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Remote, OR).

Interview

Was contacted by one of their internal recruiters. I think she was pretty new to this job; she seemed to not even know how to get the conversation started and finally blurted out, "why don't you tell me about your resume". Not specific questions about it per se, just tell me about it. She did a lot of verbal cues that she was listening, but never really asked many questions at all. She said she would be putting me in touch with the hiring manager so look for calendar invite for that time. She did this within a day or two. I had the phone interview w the hiring manager and it was wonderful. I could tell we had a great rapport and he liked how I was answering his questions and the questions I had for him. At the end of the call he said I would be invited for a panel type interview which would take approx half the day. Meeting with 4-6 people, but separately not all at one time and the recruiter would be setting that up. I waited about a week and still hadn't heard anything so I reached out to the recruiter and it took her four days to email me back. Four days! And the email said they are still working on some things internally so give her a week. I am writing this about 5 weeks after that email- never heard from then again. Obviously they have identified the candidate, but is it really that hard to send an email letting me know that? In my opinion very unprofessional of the recruiter. I have a feeling it was on her hands to complete and she just didn't.

Cloud Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was about 2 weeks. There were 2 phone interviews and then an assessment. I did not think of applying until a friend at a bar said he met a person from Red Hat who may be interested in hiring. After a lengthy conversation with the Red Hat person, he said he would get the process started with a recruiter, if I'm interested in a position. The recruiter was 15 minutes late for the first interview, we spoke and she followed up with an assessment. The recruiter interview seemed like a sales ploy to get more Red Hat subscribers. The assessment covers 2 positions (Cloud and Middleware/Platform) not 1, so there is a broad range of topics given in 2 hours. They do not give enough time to answer all of the questions and this is stated before you take the test.

Interview Questions

• The questions were easy, but you do have to remember installation procedures such as Web Server, Firewall, Bridge Network, and NFS installation. One Question, write a script in Ruby using google's geolocation API to get the longitude and latitude from a street address.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website, they gave a questionnaire that had basic interview questions which I had to answer over the email (i assume that was my first round) A week later i had the final round which was a video conference session with 3 people of the company

Interview Questions

• What do you imagine you would be doing here if you get hired?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Received call from HR within days of application asking to schedule an interview. They called after 5:00 p.m./while I was driving home. I returned call as soon as I got home and left message for recruiter. Never heard back. Received a form letter e-mail rejection one month later. Subsequently learned another co-worker at my company was hired for that position. Was HR recruiter just too disorganized and called me by mistake? Either way, left a bad taste in my mouth. Through the grapevine I've learned the pay they would have offered was $20K less than my current job and this role was a promotion one level up. So definitely not worth it either.

Interview Questions

• When was I available to speak with them.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, plus one with the recruiter who put me in touch with redhat for the position. The job is in Raleigh NC but I was not local so all three interviews were held via teleconference. One interview was purely technical, the second was a mix of technical and personal, and the final was another mix.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at RedHat?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when management disagreed with an idea you had, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very willing to negotiate and were entirely transparent in the process.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Red Hat (New York, NY).

Interview

Horrible experience, they dropped the ball left and right...from recruiter to hiring manager...and the process took several months. This was all surprising, as I came in as an employee referral.

Production Editor and Filmmaker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Exchanged over 10-15 emails with 3-4 recruiters. Spoke on the phone with various interviewers for about 3 hours. And drove 4 hours for a 3 hour in person interview with 5 individuals, to never receive a single email letting me know that they had decided to go with someone else for the position. I had to email them 4 weeks after the interview to find out about the fate of the role. I find this so extremely unprofessional for a company to do. I get that I may not have been what they company was looking for in the that role, but to take so much personal time from an individual and not take a minute to write them an email or give them a phone call to let them know about the position is a slap in the face to anyone hoping to get with Red Hat. Please be more considerate of those interested in joining this company.

Interview Questions

• To share various examples of previous work examples relating to various scenarios.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat (New York, NY).

Interview

It took 2.5 months for me - 6 rounds of interviews in total. Heard can be more for higher ranks....mine is a manager role.

Its taking a long time and there will be some breaks in between if your interviewers are traveling.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat (New York, NY).

Interview

There are 6-7 rounds for a Manager role in RH and the first call is usually done by the HR. Then you will go thru 3-4 rounds with your boss to be, some peers and lastly the Country Managers of your region.

Its a long process and it take an average of 4 weeks to finish all the interviews and you have to wait 2-3 weeks for the offer letter...all in all it took me 7 weeks to sign on the Offer Letter...and another 3-4 weeks before i joined them (I need to serve notice in my previous company) - 2.5 months in total!