Red Hat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

3.1

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat (New York, NY).

Interview

It took 2.5 months for me - 6 rounds of interviews in total. Heard can be more for higher ranks....mine is a manager role.

Its taking a long time and there will be some breaks in between if your interviewers are traveling.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat (New York, NY).

Interview

There are 6-7 rounds for a Manager role in RH and the first call is usually done by the HR. Then you will go thru 3-4 rounds with your boss to be, some peers and lastly the Country Managers of your region.

Its a long process and it take an average of 4 weeks to finish all the interviews and you have to wait 2-3 weeks for the offer letter...all in all it took me 7 weeks to sign on the Offer Letter...and another 3-4 weeks before i joined them (I need to serve notice in my previous company) - 2.5 months in total!

Corporate Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

4 months from start to finish - 5 interviews total. First interview was with internal recruiter on-site. Second interview was phone interview with hiring manager. 3-5 were panel interviews with team members/hiring manager. Recruiter was unresponsive during interview process. Recruiter did not contact me when position was filled.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your work in your current position?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

3 steps.
    first Written assessment with core java concepts and little about design patterns. It was required to reply within 2 hours after I get question.and then Bluejeans web interview and finally Onsite interview with developer and manager. Final interview ~1 our.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

This job was through an employee referral where you apply at a completely separate website for. The HR person contacted me within a week of applying for the job. It was a short 30 minute conversation to make sure the candidate matched the high level expectations for the job. After that, you do a Hackerrank online technical assessment. The technical material varies depending on the job function or technology you're applying for. After that, the HR person reaches out to you again for a meeting with the hiring manager and his team. Generally a 4 hour onsite interview process. If you're in the northeast, they'll most likley send you to NYC. After that, I didn't hear anything back from the company. My reference there had mentioned that in a year end 2016 meeting. the company mentioned they over hired by 1000 or so employees, so they were halting any new on boarding.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok to travel 75% to customer sites Monday through Thursday from week to week?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (New York, NY).

Interview

A first round interview on-campus mainly consisting questions about Object-Oriented programming in Java. Second round interview consisted of two 45 minute interviews both behavioral and technical. They want to see if you know coding, but in addition, if you have a personality that fits well with consulting.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

I got into it though university. I just had to hand in my resume and talk to the person representing Red Hat and they flew me into headquarters - that was an awesome experience. Really friendly people and awesome crowd. I was the only girl there as a candidate, I believe. I didn't see any females really high up in the company. I guess that gave me an advantage?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an Associate Consultant?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy standard interviews but recruiter has poor communication skills. The interviewers all asked the normal, expected questions related to the position. I am extremely disappointed in how the recruiter handled the process though and by her poor communication.

Interview Questions

• Give some examples of how you would handle these possible scenarios.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Behavioral based. Focus on job skills and problem solving will vary. Heavy focus on culture fit, which will also vary by department. Some are very well trained and follow the standard interview process. Some do not. Expect at least several interviews from calls with recruiter to several group and or individual interviews. May take some time. Be patient through-out the process.

Interview Questions

• They will ask about past experiences related to job requirements, problem solving scenarios, what you know about open source and the company history, and various scenarios where you demonstrate resolution of conflict, worked through job related challenges, etc. Be honest and transparent.   1 Answer

Platform Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Really pretty straightforward. Talked to a recruiter, took their online Hackerank test, phone screen, in-person interview. It only took as long as it did for me because of me... anyone who can be available for each step could easily finish the process in two weeks. It's clear that everyone I talked to loves working at Red Hat. Everyone should be aware that a lot of the consulting jobs require a lot of travel.

Interview Questions

• Nothing outrageous, everything's pretty standard.   1 Answer