Want a Free Job Posting?

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in September 2011.

The process began with an initial phone screen with the hiring manager. This person was polite but also seemed a bit distracted and uninterested in what I had to say. The phone screen lasted about 20 minutes and consisted of review of my background and my familiarity with various software systems and my knowledge of open source software. Although I thought I bombed the phone screen, I was invited to comeback for an in-person interview. I met with 4 Red Hat employees with various roles within the department. This group included the hiring manager I had spoken with less than a week before, but she did not seem to recall our previous conversation at all. This was somewhat frustrating, but I happily explained my background and skill set again. Everyone I met with was friendly and none really asked any 'hard-hitting' questions. There was some small talk and the interviewers seemed adequately impressed with my experience. One of the four interviewers seemed bent on asking the textbook interview questions ("What is your biggest weakness?" "Why do you want to work at Red Hat?" "How do you handle a difficult situation?") In my estimation, the entire interview went well and my skills and experience seemed to be a good match for the position. The negative lasting impression I am left with comes from the absolutely refusal from Red Hat to give any sort of feedback following the interview. I emailed the recruiter I'd been working with several times, but the only thing I heard back was that one of the interviewers said "the interview went well." After about 10 days, the recruiter completely stopped responding to my emails and I gave up. The non-response after coming in for an in-person interview is beyond rude, but from the other reviews on this site, it seems to be par for the course at Red Hat. I wouldn't say this made for a completely negative experience, but it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions