Red Hat Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 27, 2017

2.8

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

This job was through an employee referral where you apply at a completely separate website for. The HR person contacted me within a week of applying for the job. It was a short 30 minute conversation to make sure the candidate matched the high level expectations for the job. After that, you do a Hackerrank online technical assessment. The technical material varies depending on the job function or technology you're applying for. After that, the HR person reaches out to you again for a meeting with the hiring manager and his team. Generally a 4 hour onsite interview process. If you're in the northeast, they'll most likley send you to NYC. After that, I didn't hear anything back from the company. My reference there had mentioned that in a year end 2016 meeting. the company mentioned they over hired by 1000 or so employees, so they were halting any new on boarding.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok to travel 75% to customer sites Monday through Thursday from week to week?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Red Hat

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat in March 2016.

Interview

Sent my resume to a current employee at Red Hat. He forwarded it onto HR. Received a phone call shortly thereafter to start the process.

First call was a basic screen from HR to determine cultural and position fit. They were also extremely open to the heavy amount of travel required.

After the screen, I was sent to an online assessment where I was given 90 minutes to cover a variety of topics. This included configuring a VM (similar to a cert exam).

After the assessment, I was given a call from a current senior consultant. A little was about doing an additional check on my background, but was primarily for asking them questions.

Shortly after, I was flown out to RH (all expenses paid). The entire morning was an interview that consisted of 3 parts. An interview with a manager, a whiteboard scenario, and then a technical presentation. All three are fairly easy as you're given the objectives to prepare well before you are flown out

Finally, I had to wait a few weeks for the bench to clear up, but received my offer.

Interview Questions

• Draw a basic network diagram and explain security concepts to someone non-technical.   Answer Question
    • Explain the concepts of platform as a service   Answer Question
    • Explain curent automation tools and what work you have done with them   1 Answer
    • What are your views on certifications?   Answer Question
    • How would you manage a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • Can you explain any project management methodologies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Hat (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone screen was perfunctory until I answered the "salary expectations" question. All of a sudden I was switched to someone who asked me a few technical questions and I started work the next week.

Interview Questions

• Almost everyone I know at this company is very intelligent and also somewhere between outgoing and aggressive so your answers should fit that profile.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I was very happy to work for Red Hat on any terms.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

Typically up to 3 interviews. Will be asked technical questions regarding design. Typically look for some sort of management experience.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat in November 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews
    1 panel with 2 interviewers - 3 hours talked philosophies and interests, basic admin questions, then had to give a presentation of my choosing 30 min with follow up questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't even negotiate I just said Yes!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Atlanta, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

Three phone interviews mostly technical around j2ee, service oriented architecture, devops, rules engine as well as open source technologies. After that final in person interview with Manager and solution architect. Throughout the interview Manager kept taking other calls and keep excusing himself out of room. Second in person interview was smoother with Solution Architect, completed with no interruptions. Then HR interview on phone to discuss offer, benefits and position.

Interview Questions

• Questions about
      n-tier application architecture?
      service oriented architecture?
      previous project experience?
      java and Java EE as well as J2EE application servers experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Hat (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I went through a 3 interview process. My inital technical interview was design to show that a had a basic understanding of the technologies on my resume. Ex. What times of loading collection loading are available in Hibernate? Expain how annotations work. Once the interviewer decided I knew what I was talking about the focus shifted to personality matching and consulting skills. Two of the interviews were over the phone and one in person (in a bar).

Interview Questions

• None. Red Hat doesn't focus on poking holes in your knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty simple. Ask for as much as possible. They have a number in mind and don't really go much over it. The bonus structure is pretty good.