Red Hat Software Engineer Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

Got my phone screen 3 months after applying online, that part was pretty positive and I thought went well. A month later, scheduled a second interview. I got sick and asked to postpone a week. Then 3 days before the interview, I notice the jobs site says "no longer under consideration". I'm kinda bewildered why the sudden change of heart, but regardless candidates should at least get an email informing them of the change. I had to ask, and was told I'd get an update after checking with the manager, which I never received. It's fine if you wanna reject me as a candidate, but there's a right way to do that. It makes me wonder if the HR department can't keep up with the hiring they've been asked to do.

Interview Questions

• Discussed past projects, technologies I'd used, challenges I'd had with those technologies, and my relationship/interest in open source.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Red Hat

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat in November 2014.

Interview

Only a single interview with two of the software engineers. Asked technical questions based on how compilers work as well as behavioural questions to guage my interest in the company. They were very nice and they helped me out when I was struggling. Also very encouraging in terms of urging you to think harder and come up with the correct answer.

Interview Questions

• If you were to design a compiler what would be the first feature you would build for it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable