Red Hat Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.9

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Brno (Czech Republic)) in September 2016.

Interview

The first step was a video screening with a recruiter. Most question was about my previous experience. Mainly technical. He/She also presented the company to me and ask me why I want to work for Red Hat.

Next step was a technical interview (video conference) with three guys approximately two hours. Started asking same questions with the first interview about my technical experience. Then, bombed with a lot of too advanced language-based questions. A lot of them.

Overall, very professional deal with the candidate but too demanding...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Red Hat

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Red Hat for the software engineering intern position. The process was great and the questions asked were relevant to the profile. The interviewer asked me to code and the recruiter asked me questions on my resume and work experience.

Interview Questions

• coding questions on algorithms, data structures, and operating systems   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Hat in October 2014.

Interview

This position was brought to my attention through my staffing agency. They presented the position and I did an initial phone screen. The phone conversation was about 45 minutes long and consisted of mostly technical questions. Very little about personality came into plan during the screening. While there were basic, straight-forward answers, there were quite a few challenging "big picture" questions as well that involved designing project structure as well as database schemas. Having only done the phone screening, it proved to be quite difficult to conduct a relatively in-depth interview over the phone.

Interview Questions

• The difficult piece of the interview was answering business case or design questions that took a minute to think about and would have certainly helped to have a whiteboard or at least been in the room with them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Hat in April 2007.

Interview

The process is long and tough

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later for a phone interview. It was a very professional and efficient process. Each round I moved on they explained every step thoroughly and what to expect going forward.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Pune (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

There were 3 technical rounds and 2 Managerial/general discussion rounds all held through video conferencing (Bluejeans) from the US.
    questions were related to basic shell scripting, python, docker, maven and Git.
    The technical rounds were not very difficult and the managers were very easy to talk to people.

The only thing i found irritating was that it took too long, almost 1 interview per week.

Interview Questions

• How would debug a maven POM script?   Answer Question
    • Write a script to clear the data older than x days from a location and send a verification email to the user group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

First round with the Hiring Manager , next round with the technical director. Average difficulty. Hiring Managers questions were based on past Experience, Technical Questions Included Databases especially NOSQL and MongoDB , other Questions included Linux OS and simple java based questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background ? And how familiar are you with Red Hat?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

There were total 2 rounds. One with the manager on phone asking about my background and another onsite in the raleigh headquaters. Questions were mostly related to situations in code and how to solve them. The overall experience was great and I was notified within a day that I got selected. The interview took al,ost a week from the phone screen to the onsite one.

Interview Questions

• What is one prooject you are proud of? Explain everything about it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat (Brno (Czech Republic)) in January 2014.

Interview

It was fun. But waiting was a nightmare. Interviewers was awesome guys. All of them.
    So once you applied on net you'll get phone call then group interview. It's fast enough phase. But then it's waiting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Waiting is a nightmare. If you don't want to wait just do not apply here.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat in January 2011.

Interview

I remember I got at at least 1 phone screen and 3 or 4 onsite interviews. All of the technical interviews are about OS details since I applied for a Linux kernel job.