Red Hat Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

3.3

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted briefly via phone describing the job and setting up a time for a phone interview. The next step was a 10 min phone interview talking about my previous experiences. I then moved on to an in person interview at their Raleigh office. The in person interview was pretty standard. I discussed my resume and previous technical support experience in more detail with 2 senior technical support managers who I would be working under. I also discussed my experience developing using Openshift while in school and what was entailed in supporting Openshift at Red Hat in greater detail.

Interview Questions

• They ask how I what kind of scaling considerations I might need to keep in mind if I was scaling an application using Openshift and some possible mitigation to those issue.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Red Hat

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

Very through interview process in a laid-back environment. Some technical questions and some questions design to demonstrate your ability to handle pressure or overcome an obstacle. There were at least four or five different people that were conducting the interview: one by one. The entire interview took five hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have to work together as a team to meet a goal?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where the project that you were working with was not successful and what did you do get the project to be considered a success.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune City (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Hat (Pune City (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Simple Process containing the elimination rounds as there are too many candidates.

4 Rounds were there

1 : Online questions on RHCE 15 Questions and one essay.

2 : GD

3 : Technical

4: Maneragial / HR

Interview Questions

• Simple question based on Knowledge level , and resume   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Red Hat (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Two technical rounds followed by Managerial round. Technical rounds consisted of panel who are technical wizards in their field, I loved how many interview started and it concluded, it started with basics of linux and ended in complex cloud computing concepts. Few question made me think too hard.

Interview Questions

• what's the advantage of PKI over UUID   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Pune (India)).

Interview

1st round technical
    2nd round technical
    3rd round managerial
    4th round technical
    5th second level manager for salary negotiations.

There may be more or lesser number of rounds depending upon the position. Once you get the first call from the HR then the process pretty smooth.

Interview Questions

• Filesystem, storage,udev, booting, vmcore analysis and networking related questions in depth.   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat in March 2016.

Interview

Awesome experience, definitely now I know how to prepare for the next one :)
    I was so much nervous so I couldn't solve the problems, there for no offer. However, thank you RedHat. Thank you so much.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Hat (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

1st Round - Technical Aptitude - 15 MCQ questions + 15 communication
    2nd Round - GD (Applicable only for freshers)
    3rd Round - Technical Interview (F2F)
    4th Round - Managerial Interview (F2F) some Tech + some general HR

Interview Questions

• Learn Boot process in detail, learn filesystem properly, learn YUM configuration, samba shares, all basic questions. Don't overdo. Stick to basics. Recovery from grub console important very important.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Hat in November 2015.

Interview

There were two people during the interview one was the supervisor and one of them was the technical support engineer . It was an on-line interview with Blue Jeans session. Nice relaxed atmosphere it was more to a conversation than an interview. You can share your experience and things you have done to help or contribute.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

Initial phone briefing. Long and detailed assignment to be sent back. Quite tricky and insightful questions about networking, system architecture, filesystem. Plus a test with various customer/support scenario questions. Generally doable bit not easy at all.
    Further technical phone interview based on the tests above. Finally a skype interview with the hiring manager, mostly about the why you want the job.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

- phone interview or personal interview (2-3 people ask questions).
    - First interview is a technical interview. If the applicant passes the technical interview, he is invited for an interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• - questions which try to confirm that applicant understands the concepts of networking and Linux system administration.
      - questions that verify that an applicant has troubleshooting skills.   Answer Question