Red Hat Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

3.3

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Brisbane (Australia)) in October 2014.

Interview

Just a interview with 3 person normally senior enginners
after you are in you can see that they call senior is nothing much a normal person that have the title but still not advance in knowledge a shame

Interview Questions

• Process of boot explain
    like always whay would you like be in redhat   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Red Hat

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted briefly via phone describing the job and setting up a time for a phone interview. The next step was a 10 min phone interview talking about my previous experiences. I then moved on to an in person interview at their Raleigh office. The in person interview was pretty standard. I discussed my resume and previous technical support experience in more detail with 2 senior technical support managers who I would be working under. I also discussed my experience developing using Openshift while in school and what was entailed in supporting Openshift at Red Hat in greater detail.

Interview Questions

• They ask how I what kind of scaling considerations I might need to keep in mind if I was scaling an application using Openshift and some possible mitigation to those issue.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat (Pune (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Technical Round related to basic linux and some deep knowledge of the domains of Linux and then after technical there is manager round to screen the candidate. Then HR round to discuss about money and other stuff.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

this is confidential. But do the standard questions from job sites helps in preparing for the interview. this is confidential. But do the standard questions from job sites helps in preparing for the interview.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

- phone interview or personal interview (2-3 people ask questions).
    - First interview is a technical interview. If the applicant passes the technical interview, he is invited for an interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• - questions which try to confirm that applicant understands the concepts of networking and Linux system administration.
      - questions that verify that an applicant has troubleshooting skills.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Hat in November 2015.

Interview

There were two people during the interview one was the supervisor and one of them was the technical support engineer . It was an on-line interview with Blue Jeans session. Nice relaxed atmosphere it was more to a conversation than an interview. You can share your experience and things you have done to help or contribute.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Hat (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

1st Round - Technical Aptitude - 15 MCQ questions + 15 communication
    2nd Round - GD (Applicable only for freshers)
    3rd Round - Technical Interview (F2F)
    4th Round - Managerial Interview (F2F) some Tech + some general HR

Interview Questions

• Learn Boot process in detail, learn filesystem properly, learn YUM configuration, samba shares, all basic questions. Don't overdo. Stick to basics. Recovery from grub console important very important.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat in March 2016.

Interview

Awesome experience, definitely now I know how to prepare for the next one :)
    I was so much nervous so I couldn't solve the problems, there for no offer. However, thank you RedHat. Thank you so much.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune City (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Hat (Pune City (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Simple Process containing the elimination rounds as there are too many candidates.

4 Rounds were there

1 : Online questions on RHCE 15 Questions and one essay.

2 : GD

3 : Technical

4: Maneragial / HR

Interview Questions

• Simple question based on Knowledge level , and resume   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Hat (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

Nice people but hard questions. Of course this position is demanding but I didn't expect questions at so high level. They asked me about kernel debugging.

Interview Questions

• If you faced kernel panic what shoud you do to explain what happened?   2 Answers