Red Lobster Host Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Lobster Host Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2016

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

Well, I made the manager who interviewed me, Laugh alot haha, He loved my stories! He locked in my second interview to discuss pay the same day! Just make your manager know you have a great personality

Interview Questions

• What was one of the worst experiences at your last job? And how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

It is a two interview process. The first interview is with the service manager and the second interview is with the general manger. They both ask basic interview questions such as tell me about yourself, availability, scenario type questions. Be prepared to give them two references. They do check and call these references, at least in my experience. Each interview lasted about 10 to 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What does quest focus mean to you?

Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (North Haven, CT).

Interview

when applied for the host position in redlobster , i was 16 years old at the moment . The aplication was easy to fill out . I called to talk to the manager and she told me that i should call her back once im 17 years old to give me the interview .. & i think she knew i was going to forget bout it but i never did because i really wanted the job . So a few months later i called & told her when can i have my interview since she told me to call back . So she gave me the interview

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster in May 2016.

Interview

One of the worst experiences I've ever had interviewing for a job. Called me in for 3 interviews, was a total waste of my time.

The first interview went really well. The manager liked me and called me in for a second interview.
    The second interview was even better. It was a different manager who just adored me and said her team would love to have me aboard.
    Here's where things got bad. They told me to come in on Tuesday for my 3rd interview, and it was Thursday. On Monday, they called to say they had a scheduling conflict and that I needed to re-schedule for Wednesday. When I called to reschedule, they were rude and disrespectful to me and told me to "just come in whenever."
    So I come in at the same time as my previous interviews Wednesday and get told they're busy and I should come in same time tomorrow.
    By this time I'm pissed.
    So I come in the next day and meet with the third manager, who looked disinterested and already seemed to dislike me. She asked me short questions and looked annoyed and busy. That interview lasted 5 minutes and I knew I didn't get it. She said she would email me the next day, and sure enough, the next day I got a rejection email.

They were rude and flakey. I would not ever eat here ever again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Columbia, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard expected some of the questions. It is good to have experience in the field. Experience will help you to get the position. I personally never worked in the service industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Was easy but seemed like they was rushing didn't really ask me any questions......I kinda knew by the way they was acting they already found somebody plus I kinda frozed up a little bit because that was my first interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

After aplying online (taking an assessment test), got an e-mail to call to schedule an interview within 48 hours- met with manager of the service dept, and then made a 2nd interview with the restaurant manager.

Interview Questions

• I met with the Manager and was asked questions on how to take care of an upset customer, also why Red Lobster, Availability, why I was looking for a job.   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Easy Application, scheduled an interview for next Monday, nailed interview, was told that i'd get a second interview with GM, got an email saying they don't want to hire me anymore, I called and asked what happened and the position was already filled before I was even interviewed.

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Buford, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty pretty pretty pretty easy didn't take to long and got the job the same day as the interview then started a week later and everything as been great since then but overall it was a great experience

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call back within a week/week and a half. (After working there for a while, they have certain times they are allowed to schedule interviews, so don't stress if it's not right away.) If you need to call and check call between 2-4pm which is the slow time. Had an interview the next day of the call. Met with the hiring and training manager. Then with the general manager. Really connected with the GM. Got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations