Red Lobster Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.1

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inglewood, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Inglewood, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

they will site you down at a table and ask a little bit about your self and what you can bring to the company then they will ask what does team mean

Interview Questions

• do you see yourself making a career out of this   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Pretty simple, interviewed with two managers, they went over my application and asked a few questions about my job experience and about myself. Received a call shortly after saying I got the job

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

I applied online. About a week later, I called and asked if they had taken a look at my application. They asked for my name and told me to come in the next day for an interview. The questions were fairly simple, but I would do a little preparation before. I think most of the locations use the same questions, because the comments on here were basically identical to what I got asked (super helpful so thanks everyone!) the First Lady I interviewed with was awesome and made me feel super comfortable, and told me to come in for a second interview the next day. The second interview asked very similar questions to the first, there was one that I got tripped up on a little but other than that it was pretty simple and I'm like 95% positive that if you get a second interview you've pretty much got the job (as long as you don't hugely mess up during it).

Anonymous Employee in Suitland, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Suitland, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Called back to check on my application status and scheduled an interview. I also received an email saying they wanted to interview me after I called them. Went to my 1st interview and it went great. They asked the usual interview questions. Set up the second interview with the general manager the next day at the same time. When I got there, the manager said she didn't do interviews on Friday with a lot of attitude so we rescheduled. Even thought the lady I interviewed with said she talked to the manager and said it was a good time. Didn't want to go to the second interview because I felt that was rude & unprofessional. But I deceived to go since I needed a job & money. The interview went great & the general manager even apologized several times for the miscommunication.

Interview Questions

• Why red lobster?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about dealing with different customers?   1 Answer
    • What does hospitality mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Federal Way, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email that wanted me to call and set up an interview. The next day I called and set up an interview for Monday. I arrived and they made me wait twenty minutes to talk to someone. The interview was pretty easy, and it was the lady's first day that was interviewing me. She said she would call me the next day, but never did. So I decided to call them and set up another interview the following week. Once again I arrived and waited twenty five minutes for a five minute interview! The woman was extremely rude and acted as if she had somewhere to go. She said I would receive an email about if I got the job or not later that day. I got an email that said I did not get the job. A complete waste of time and management.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview Process has a 2 part process one with the front of the house manager and the second is with the general manager. If you usually make it to the second interview you most likely got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be the best fit for Red Lobster?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Real short and straight to the point. The manager was real big on teamwork and considered the team to be a family. Just be yourself and you'll get it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (New York, NY).

Interview

It was the usual interview process. The first interview was with one manager. The second interview was with a different interview. Usually if you make it to the second interview, then you got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I don't think they really even looked at my resume, except to see my name. Asked some good questions, and all around quite pleasant. Had to wait a while to sit down with a manager though. Interview at 3:30 but it wasn't until 4 that they came over to see me

Interview Questions

• What would you look for in a new-hire if you were in my position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Little Rock, AR) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview with Service Manager, second interview with Bar Manager. Really positive experience, and I learned a lot about Red Lobster in the interview. You could tell that they had high standards. For the orientation they even brought us appetizers and drinks! Very hospitable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Red Lobster?   1 Answer