Red Lobster Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Lobster Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.1

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Real short and straight to the point. The manager was real big on teamwork and considered the team to be a family. Just be yourself and you'll get it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (New York, NY).

Interview

It was the usual interview process. The first interview was with one manager. The second interview was with a different interview. Usually if you make it to the second interview, then you got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I don't think they really even looked at my resume, except to see my name. Asked some good questions, and all around quite pleasant. Had to wait a while to sit down with a manager though. Interview at 3:30 but it wasn't until 4 that they came over to see me

Interview Questions

• What would you look for in a new-hire if you were in my position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Little Rock, AR) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview with Service Manager, second interview with Bar Manager. Really positive experience, and I learned a lot about Red Lobster in the interview. You could tell that they had high standards. For the orientation they even brought us appetizers and drinks! Very hospitable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Red Lobster?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a manager asking me to come in for an interview and they also asked for my availability. I came in for my interview and they first showed me the proper work attire for every position and then continued to ask me the basic interview questions. They told me that I will need to come back for an interview with the general manager and he will determine if I'm hired or not.

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Kingston, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied about a week ago and got an email asking me to call to set up an interview yesterday. I called yesterday evening and just got home from my interview. The woman who interviewed me was remarkably pleasant and friendly. The questions were thoughtful but not at all uncommon. I gave her 3-4 sentence answers for each. The whole interview took about 20 minutes. After all of the questions (she took notes the whole time, helped me through the questions, and gave me ample time to think and answer honestly) she told me all the "worst" aspects of the job and about herself so I "knew what I was signing up for" and then said "I've interviewed 6 people and had planned to interview more but now that I've met you, I don't need to look any further. You're perfect, I love you, and I need you on our team! Welcome to the Red Lobster family!" Overall, it was a fabulous interview. I have orientation this weekend and cannot wait to start!

Interview Questions

• If you were in my position, what would you look for in someone you'd want to hire?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a coworker decided they had an issue with you? How would you handle it?   Answer Question
    • A customer walks through the door, tell me everything you'd do.   Answer Question
    • What does customer experience oriented mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't one, I was offered the job and not really given an option because she was so excited. I'm sure pay negotiation and everything will come during orientation.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

I first filled out an application online. It had been about 2 weeks and I hadn't gotten a call yet so I decided to call them and ask about my application. The manager had said that my application was not in the system so I should come get an application from the restaurant. So I did and filled it out and turned it in all in the same day. About 4 days later they called me and set up an interview for a friday at 3:30. The first interview went really well. The guy was really nice and his jokes were actually kinda funny. I was set up for a second interview at my first one. It was the following Monday at 3:30. I came in for the interview and it was mainly him talking about what the job is, how to treat customers and answers to common questions that people have. Then he asked me if I had any questions and he answered any that I had. The guy was super nice. After that I got hired right on the spot! We then set up a date for orientation and I will be starting training soon!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was very quick I applied on Monday online. I got a email saying to call the store about two hours later. So I called and set up a interview for the following day. Tuesday I went in for the 1st interview and it went great they asked pretty basic questions. The service manager loved me he asked if I could come in the next day to meet with the Gm! So on Wednesday I arrived and the Gm was interviewing someone else so I meet with another Manager instead he loved me as well I was offered the job on the spot he said that the Gm trust his judgement! I will be going to orientation next week! Just be your self

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Sacramento, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I knew someone who worked there and they told me Red Lobster was hiring. My friend put in a good work for me. I applied online, the same day I received an email to set up an interview. I interviewed 4 days later with 2 managers. They asked a lot of questions but were really nice to me. The whole interview process took about 15 mins. They're about 20 other candidates so the pressure was on. Advice to anyone, go in there ready to sell yourself, highlight your strengths, and use things that can set you a part (speaking difference languages etc). I received a call 3 days later saying I got the job.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

I applied online and received an email one month later. I went in for an interview the next day, and was called in for a second interview the following day. The process was generally pretty easy, so no complaints there.