Red Lobster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.5

82 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Prep Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

I receive job postings online from Indeed. After applying for the prep cook position I was notified by email to call the Jacksonville, NC location between 1 pm and 4 pm to speak with the manager and to set up an interview. I called at 1:19 pm and was put on hold for 15 minutes. When the person on the other line answered back, I was informed the manager was in an interview and was told the manager would call me back that night or the next day. I left my name and phone number. I called back the next day around 2 pm. and was told the manager was not in and to call back the next day to speak with the manager on duty at 2:45 pm. At 4:44 pm the same day I received an email from Red Lobster stating, " After careful consideration, they were not able to offer me a position." What I am wondering is how they carefully considered me when the manager didn't even take the time to talk with me?

Interview Questions

• There were not questions by the interviewing manager, only the person who answered the phone. She asked what position I was applying for.   1 Answer

Red Lobster Response

Jun 5, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your interest in wanting to work for Red Lobster. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We apologize for the experience you had, but we will use this... More

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurney, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Gurney, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

It was easy the first manager I met with was friendly , but the general manager had been out doing business for a long time so I really never got my second interview.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Federal Way, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email that wanted me to call and set up an interview. The next day I called and set up an interview for Monday. I arrived and they made me wait twenty minutes to talk to someone. The interview was pretty easy, and it was the lady's first day that was interviewing me. She said she would call me the next day, but never did. So I decided to call them and set up another interview the following week. Once again I arrived and waited twenty five minutes for a five minute interview! The woman was extremely rude and acted as if she had somewhere to go. She said I would receive an email about if I got the job or not later that day. I got an email that said I did not get the job. A complete waste of time and management.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you?   1 Answer

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Anderson, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

On-line application process that included significant testing. There was a personality assessment of 200 questions as well as a Math/IQ test that gave ever increasing difficult questions that had time limits for each question. Very challenging, but took me by surprise. The length of time for this entire process was also quite significant..plan on spending over an hour and I would not suggest doing it using a smart phone.

Interview Questions

• The math questions were very difficult. Several questions about fractions, percentages and evaluating graphs.   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Schaumburg, IL location, the guy seemed bored and didn't want to be there. Barely said hello, didn't introduce himself, but someone else said his name. He kept looking out the window, slouched in his seat, sighed multiple times, didn't take notes. He asked me 3 or 4 questions, the interview was about 5 minutes, if that. Waste of time. If someone else interviewed it might've gone better.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Sumter, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a very brief interview asked about 8 question and said it was a two part interview and that if I don't get called for the next interview then they went with someone else.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (North Haven, CT).

Interview

when applied for the host position in redlobster , i was 16 years old at the moment . The aplication was easy to fill out . I called to talk to the manager and she told me that i should call her back once im 17 years old to give me the interview .. & i think she knew i was going to forget bout it but i never did because i really wanted the job . So a few months later i called & told her when can i have my interview since she told me to call back . So she gave me the interview

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster in May 2016.

Interview

One of the worst experiences I've ever had interviewing for a job. Called me in for 3 interviews, was a total waste of my time.

The first interview went really well. The manager liked me and called me in for a second interview.
    The second interview was even better. It was a different manager who just adored me and said her team would love to have me aboard.
    Here's where things got bad. They told me to come in on Tuesday for my 3rd interview, and it was Thursday. On Monday, they called to say they had a scheduling conflict and that I needed to re-schedule for Wednesday. When I called to reschedule, they were rude and disrespectful to me and told me to "just come in whenever."
    So I come in at the same time as my previous interviews Wednesday and get told they're busy and I should come in same time tomorrow.
    By this time I'm pissed.
    So I come in the next day and meet with the third manager, who looked disinterested and already seemed to dislike me. She asked me short questions and looked annoyed and busy. That interview lasted 5 minutes and I knew I didn't get it. She said she would email me the next day, and sure enough, the next day I got a rejection email.

They were rude and flakey. I would not ever eat here ever again.

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview went fairly easy, but had a long wait before actually seeing one of the managers. One thing that I felt was strange was not meeting with the general manager, but instead meeting with the kitchen, and serving manager. Either way, I was told that I was hired at the second interview and nobody gave me a call back. I reached out multiple times, gave my name, and number, but still nothing. So unprofessional..

Interview Questions

• Did I have any experience in a customer service environment?   1 Answer

Busser Interview

Interview

I knew from the second I entered I wouldn't be getting the job. Being a male with long hair doesn't fly here. She also asked questions that made no sense at all. Not the best experience, don't apply unless you already work in the restaurant biz.

Interview Questions

• How do you see hospitality in your every day life and how can you apply that in the work place?   Answer Question