Red Lobster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

2.2

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Process was simple, they called back and I was scheduled an interview. Then another after that. Was given the job on site. Since then (hired a year ago) I have become a server and cant say enough about how much I love the fast paced environment & opportunities to make good money.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster in April 2017.

Interview

This was a 2 week process. I went in for an interview, then the next week came in for a follow up interview and got a call 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that would result in us hiring you?   1 Answer
    • What are your hobbies and interests?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you had a disagreement between you and another co-worker?   1 Answer
    • Why Red Lobster?   1 Answer
    • What do you think are the most important qualities in your job(host)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurney, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Gurney, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

It was easy the first manager I met with was friendly , but the general manager had been out doing business for a long time so I really never got my second interview.

Prep Cook/Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Lufkin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Had first interview with the restaurant manager to review application information to make sure all information submitted was correct. The manager then proceeded to ask situational questions that included different scenarios that would occur in the job restaurant and how I would handle those situations. I also had a second interview with the general manager, which included different scenario questions in which I had to tell her my handling of those situations. Since I was applying for a position in the kitchen I prepared a an entree and side dish for the second interview to show that I was capable of the position in which I was applying for, since the position called for being crossed training in all positions in the kitchen.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to help out fellow employees to ensure the restaurant was ready for serving customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Federal Way, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email that wanted me to call and set up an interview. The next day I called and set up an interview for Monday. I arrived and they made me wait twenty minutes to talk to someone. The interview was pretty easy, and it was the lady's first day that was interviewing me. She said she would call me the next day, but never did. So I decided to call them and set up another interview the following week. Once again I arrived and waited twenty five minutes for a five minute interview! The woman was extremely rude and acted as if she had somewhere to go. She said I would receive an email about if I got the job or not later that day. I got an email that said I did not get the job. A complete waste of time and management.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

It's a two part interview. Once with the manager for the position you're applying for and the second with the general manager. They ask open ended questions giving you a lot of opportunity to show who you are! Just be yourself and honest and you'll do great!

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

I first met with a shift manager and then when I got a second interview that was with the general manager. Both were 30-45 minutes in length. They were extremely welcoming but also showed that they were serious.

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite food dish to me from your previous restaurant   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Real short and straight to the point. The manager was real big on teamwork and considered the team to be a family. Just be yourself and you'll get it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (New York, NY).

Interview

It was the usual interview process. The first interview was with one manager. The second interview was with a different interview. Usually if you make it to the second interview, then you got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Queensbury, NY).

Interview

You have one interview with a manager and then if they like you and pass your application along to the general manager you have an interview with the GM. They will ask questions about previous work experience but if you don't have any as long as you have a reference you should be okay.