Red Lobster Server/Server Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Lobster Server/Server Assistant Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Server/Server Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online, got a call 10 days later. Missed it (OH NO!) and called back within 30 min. to set up interview the following Monday. First interview with service manager. Asked same personal info I'd submitted on application, plus some generic interview questions. Invited to interview with bev/hosp. manager (next higher up?) the following day. Little more intense. Basic questions were asked but in a conversational format, so you had to decipher what information they really wanted to make your answers effective.

I'm a SHY person and usually terrible at interviews (NERVES!) but both managers were very personable and laid-back, which made me more comfortable. I was a little doubtful because I have ZERO restaurant experience, but was comforted by first manager saying that's a good thing because Darden likes to train you their way. Plus we kept getting interrupted by other employees so that time when the attention wasn't on me I was able to think and de-stress. Only thing that threw me off was having to pretend to sell food item to manager. Talk about thinking on your feet/sounding stupid! Manager left for a few min then came back and told me I was hired and gave me an orientation brochure. Started training two days later.

Be able to talk about your past experience & how it makes you qualified, what you liked/didn't like, etc. Weekend availability is def a plus. Take your resume/availability/references with you - the manager took and kept mine, which I wasn't expecting.

Interview Questions

• If you were hiring someone for this position, what would you look for?   1 Answer
  • "What's your favorite item on our menu?...Great, now sell me that item."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No idea, didn't try. Was too happy to get the job to care.