Red Lobster Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Lobster Server Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.2

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

It's a two part interview. Once with the manager for the position you're applying for and the second with the general manager. They ask open ended questions giving you a lot of opportunity to show who you are! Just be yourself and honest and you'll do great!

Anonymous Employee in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Queensbury, NY).

Interview

You have one interview with a manager and then if they like you and pass your application along to the general manager you have an interview with the GM. They will ask questions about previous work experience but if you don't have any as long as you have a reference you should be okay.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Littleton, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

You are interviewed by two managers, I didn't actually get interviewed by two managers only one interviewed me. It was a very short interview and she hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What other places have you work for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Pearland, TX).

Interview

Typically a 2 interview process. Speak to manager. Second interview with general manager. Down to earth managers. Typically servers that worked their way up. Basic interview questions. Ask questions like why would you be a great fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• How did you go the extra mile for a customer.   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelso, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Kelso, WA).

Interview

The interview process took about one to one and a half hours it was a one-on-one sit-down meeting. The manager and I basically had a discussion partly based on how it's, what to do's, and of course what to do if's.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Augusta, GA).

Interview

A Brief one on one and a short math test to ensure basic mental math was included in my skill sets.The math test may no longer be included in some locations but i think it should be reapplied. The coworkers that were hired after the requirement was dropped proved weaker in calculating simple math transactions. The Training process is unclear on duration of time and what the exact protocol for a new employee is.

Interview Questions

• What was my goal with the company and how long did i intent on being with the company.   1 Answer

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Omaha, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

During the interview process the first manager will ask you some questions and scope you out and if successful, they will have you interview with the general manager for the second part. The general manager basically acts more situational questions and personality questions to see if you are a good fit for the restaurant. The entire process was about an hour long. The managers were friendly and open to any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• What are your key strengths?   1 Answer
    • If you had two quarters, a dime, a nickel, and three pennies how much is that?   1 Answer
    • What is the first song that you can think of? Sing it!   1 Answer
    • What does hospitality mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What do you like about your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, a waitress starts off at a certain minimum wage.

Server Assistant/Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Sanford, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an interview on a Monday at 12 PM. I got there at 11:55. Me and another girl waited in the lobby for maybe 10 minutes. I kept waiting in the lobby while they interviewed the other girl, which took about 10-15 minutes. Then the manager brought me to a booth, we sat down, and he reviewed my application and such. He asked me why the restaurant business, and I answered. We talked a little bit about my answer, and then he asked me to come in Wednesday to get paperwork done and get a schedule worked out, and he told me he'd like to start me that weekend. He went over the basic rundown of the restaurant and told me what to get for my uniform, and sent me on my way. Overall very stress-free and enjoyable.

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview went fairly easy, but had a long wait before actually seeing one of the managers. One thing that I felt was strange was not meeting with the general manager, but instead meeting with the kitchen, and serving manager. Either way, I was told that I was hired at the second interview and nobody gave me a call back. I reached out multiple times, gave my name, and number, but still nothing. So unprofessional..

Interview Questions

• Did I have any experience in a customer service environment?   1 Answer

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delran, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Delran, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

i met with 2 managers in my day had a good experience they told me about the job and asked how i have bartended before why i liked it it wasn't bad i liked it

Interview Questions

• they just asked me about my self and experience and why i wanted to work there   Answer Question