Red Lobster Waiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.2

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Augusta, GA).

Interview

A Brief one on one and a short math test to ensure basic mental math was included in my skill sets.The math test may no longer be included in some locations but i think it should be reapplied. The coworkers that were hired after the requirement was dropped proved weaker in calculating simple math transactions. The Training process is unclear on duration of time and what the exact protocol for a new employee is.

Interview Questions

• What was my goal with the company and how long did i intent on being with the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Dublin, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview literally took 5 minutes & I was hired on the spot. Asked 3 questions and that was it. It was such a nice place and it went great. The general manager was awesome. The atmosphere was great in the restuarant. The people looked friendly and im excited to start working there.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be yourself.

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and called to arrange interview the following day. Interviewed with serving manager first and had follow-up interview with general manager. Questions were easy to answer and managers were friendly. Easy interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Brief, no difficult questions. Very straightforward. I almost feel like anyone could get the job. Met with one of the managers on the team and then the General Manager. The interview itself last a total of 15 mins. I was offered a job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Yuma, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Yuma, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Application is online. An email is sent out to schedule interview. 2 part interview. First with service manager and second with GM. Server experienced is asked. Very basic questions. Interview was done inside restaurant near bar seating.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process for Red Lobster is fairly simple (at least is was when I interviewed for the company almost eight years ago. Basically the first part of the interview is with the Service Manager. If you make it past the first interview, you move on to interview with the stores General Manager. Get past that interview and you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with an impolite guest. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Novi, MI).

Interview

Interview with a Front of the House Manager, where they ask you questions and explain the job description and uniform standards. If your references are correct, you'll be scheduled for a second interview with the General Manager, where she will ask you more basic service industry interview questions.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a difficult experience at your last job, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Lobster in June 2015.

Interview

Phone call, on-site interview. I walked in and was having dinner when the manager mentioned they were hiring. I needed a job and asked for an application. The manager pointed me in the right direction. Said to apply online. I did that after that I accepted for a phone call. Got the job and its been good ever sense. Nothing else to say. Keep positive and keep a good smile. Wear more than jeans, but do not need a suit.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle etc.
      What would you do?
      A lot of scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Wales, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Lake Wales, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Once I arrived a Red Lobster on time i had to wait 30 min to be interviewed. The restaurant was close to empty, and no other people were being interviewed. Once I was brought back to be interviewed there was a time to spark conversation. I tried to bring up several topics for small talk, but the interviewer was short with his answers. Overall, all the interview took 10 minutes I was in and out like it was an accident he interviewed me.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Greenville, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

interview was just a standard interview with questions like what hospitality meant to us and had us explain a time with worked well with a team. Just be yourself and answer honestly

Interview Questions

• what does hospitality mean to you   1 Answer

Negotiation

i had no negotiation phase they offered the job and i took it