Red Lobster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.2

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Asheville, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward, I was nervous at first, but the manager was very friendly and made me feel welcome. He asked questions that were important but not difficult. The manager invited me to Orientation after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you?   1 Answer

Dishwasher/Utility Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster in January 2017.

Interview

It was very relaxed, the guy interviewing me joked around a lot and it really eased the tension. The interview lasted about 15 minutes before he went and got the general manager. I got hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Provo, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was normal food service interview that anybody could pass, nothing special to report. The training was a little long in my opinion but I guess necessary. You have to bus your first couple nights too.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

I walked in the restaurant and asked for the hiring manager and he liked me then hired me. He had asked me questions about my prior work experiences and wanted to get to know who I was as a person and how I handle dealing with other people.

Interview Questions

• If I had prior serving experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Two interviews. First was subsequent submitting my application. Second was a day later with the General Manager. Final test was serving two managers as well as the General Manager, they were tough customers.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Online application.
    Call for interview 3-6 weeks later.
    Interviews happen in waves.
    Interview. Basic Questions.
    Usually hired on the spot.
    Orientation about 1 week after interview
    Begin training a few days after orientation.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

They make you wait about 30 min purposely to see if you are capable of waiting for there opportunity as if its the only one. showing your right off the bat how they will treat you as an employee.

Interview Questions

• what makes you want to work here?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2013.

Interview

not hard, casual interview with straightforward questions. The manager was nice and liked to listen. I was asked pretty generic questions and had to describe why i like Red Lobster.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Little Rock, AR) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview with Service Manager, second interview with Bar Manager. Really positive experience, and I learned a lot about Red Lobster in the interview. You could tell that they had high standards. For the orientation they even brought us appetizers and drinks! Very hospitable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Red Lobster?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

It's a two part interview. Once with the manager for the position you're applying for and the second with the general manager. They ask open ended questions giving you a lot of opportunity to show who you are! Just be yourself and honest and you'll do great!