Red Lobster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.2

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Anderson, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

On-line application process that included significant testing. There was a personality assessment of 200 questions as well as a Math/IQ test that gave ever increasing difficult questions that had time limits for each question. Very challenging, but took me by surprise. The length of time for this entire process was also quite significant..plan on spending over an hour and I would not suggest doing it using a smart phone.

Interview Questions

• The math questions were very difficult. Several questions about fractions, percentages and evaluating graphs.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Pearland, TX).

Interview

Typically a 2 interview process. Speak to manager. Second interview with general manager. Down to earth managers. Typically servers that worked their way up. Basic interview questions. Ask questions like why would you be a great fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• How did you go the extra mile for a customer.   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

Well, I made the manager who interviewed me, Laugh alot haha, He loved my stories! He locked in my second interview to discuss pay the same day! Just make your manager know you have a great personality

Interview Questions

• What was one of the worst experiences at your last job? And how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

This was easily the easiest interview I have ever had. For the first time, I wasn't nervous being interrogated. Seemed like the manager actually wanted to know me as a person instead of just a future employee.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Schaumburg, IL location, the guy seemed bored and didn't want to be there. Barely said hello, didn't introduce himself, but someone else said his name. He kept looking out the window, slouched in his seat, sighed multiple times, didn't take notes. He asked me 3 or 4 questions, the interview was about 5 minutes, if that. Waste of time. If someone else interviewed it might've gone better.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a manager asking me to come in for an interview and they also asked for my availability. I came in for my interview and they first showed me the proper work attire for every position and then continued to ask me the basic interview questions. They told me that I will need to come back for an interview with the general manager and he will determine if I'm hired or not.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Asheville, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward, I was nervous at first, but the manager was very friendly and made me feel welcome. He asked questions that were important but not difficult. The manager invited me to Orientation after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you?   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelso, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Kelso, WA).

Interview

The interview process took about one to one and a half hours it was a one-on-one sit-down meeting. The manager and I basically had a discussion partly based on how it's, what to do's, and of course what to do if's.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Sumter, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a very brief interview asked about 8 question and said it was a two part interview and that if I don't get called for the next interview then they went with someone else.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Augusta, GA).

Interview

A Brief one on one and a short math test to ensure basic mental math was included in my skill sets.The math test may no longer be included in some locations but i think it should be reapplied. The coworkers that were hired after the requirement was dropped proved weaker in calculating simple math transactions. The Training process is unclear on duration of time and what the exact protocol for a new employee is.

Interview Questions

• What was my goal with the company and how long did i intent on being with the company.   1 Answer