Red Lobster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.2

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pinellas Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Pinellas Park, FL).

Interview

Have to go through at least two interviews, Have to understand this is a very demanding line of work.Intensive and detailed . Productive down to the timeing of every order . Being aware of safety issues in a large scale resturant .

Sever/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Warren, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Great attitudes. Felt very comfortable. Good vibes, and pleasant smiles. Two people interviewed me, one at a time. I hadn't got a call from them, and I'm a strong believer in Jesus, and a faithful follower of his. So, I got a strong good feeling about going in and introducing myself. When I did, I got an interview right on the spot. In fact, I walked in right when they were doing interviews. (That's why I love jesus lol) And they hired me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for red lobster?
      Do you have experience?
      What makes you stand out?
       What are you special at doing?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

It is a two interview process. The first interview is with the service manager and the second interview is with the general manger. They both ask basic interview questions such as tell me about yourself, availability, scenario type questions. Be prepared to give them two references. They do check and call these references, at least in my experience. Each interview lasted about 10 to 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What does quest focus mean to you?

Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.
      Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Kingston, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied about a week ago and got an email asking me to call to set up an interview yesterday. I called yesterday evening and just got home from my interview. The woman who interviewed me was remarkably pleasant and friendly. The questions were thoughtful but not at all uncommon. I gave her 3-4 sentence answers for each. The whole interview took about 20 minutes. After all of the questions (she took notes the whole time, helped me through the questions, and gave me ample time to think and answer honestly) she told me all the "worst" aspects of the job and about herself so I "knew what I was signing up for" and then said "I've interviewed 6 people and had planned to interview more but now that I've met you, I don't need to look any further. You're perfect, I love you, and I need you on our team! Welcome to the Red Lobster family!" Overall, it was a fabulous interview. I have orientation this weekend and cannot wait to start!

Interview Questions

• If you were in my position, what would you look for in someone you'd want to hire?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a coworker decided they had an issue with you? How would you handle it?   Answer Question
    • A customer walks through the door, tell me everything you'd do.   Answer Question
    • What does customer experience oriented mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't one, I was offered the job and not really given an option because she was so excited. I'm sure pay negotiation and everything will come during orientation.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Williamsport, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I filled out an online application. A couple weeks later I was called in for an interview. I set up a time for the interview, came in. I was asked and couple of questions and I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience relate to this job, and what attributes do you think best prepare you for this workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (North Haven, CT).

Interview

when applied for the host position in redlobster , i was 16 years old at the moment . The aplication was easy to fill out . I called to talk to the manager and she told me that i should call her back once im 17 years old to give me the interview .. & i think she knew i was going to forget bout it but i never did because i really wanted the job . So a few months later i called & told her when can i have my interview since she told me to call back . So she gave me the interview

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Columbus, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

It was really easy, I stressed for days over nothing. The managers were very friendly and had a sense of humor which made the interview less formal. I went in there not really knowing what to expect but still got a second interview. At the second interview they asked maybe five questions then offered me the job.

Sever/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Nashville, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

I filled out he application online, went in between 2-4 Thursday and asked for a manager got interviewed on the spot asked basic questions and told me to come back on a different day (Friday) for a second interview, interviewed with the second manager, offered me a job on the spot accepted it gave me a bunch of papers to review 😊 Told me to call on Monday to get start date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Red Lobster?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster in May 2016.

Interview

One of the worst experiences I've ever had interviewing for a job. Called me in for 3 interviews, was a total waste of my time.

The first interview went really well. The manager liked me and called me in for a second interview.
    The second interview was even better. It was a different manager who just adored me and said her team would love to have me aboard.
    Here's where things got bad. They told me to come in on Tuesday for my 3rd interview, and it was Thursday. On Monday, they called to say they had a scheduling conflict and that I needed to re-schedule for Wednesday. When I called to reschedule, they were rude and disrespectful to me and told me to "just come in whenever."
    So I come in at the same time as my previous interviews Wednesday and get told they're busy and I should come in same time tomorrow.
    By this time I'm pissed.
    So I come in the next day and meet with the third manager, who looked disinterested and already seemed to dislike me. She asked me short questions and looked annoyed and busy. That interview lasted 5 minutes and I knew I didn't get it. She said she would email me the next day, and sure enough, the next day I got a rejection email.

They were rude and flakey. I would not ever eat here ever again.

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview went fairly easy, but had a long wait before actually seeing one of the managers. One thing that I felt was strange was not meeting with the general manager, but instead meeting with the kitchen, and serving manager. Either way, I was told that I was hired at the second interview and nobody gave me a call back. I reached out multiple times, gave my name, and number, but still nothing. So unprofessional..

Interview Questions

• Did I have any experience in a customer service environment?   1 Answer