Red Lobster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.2

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Process was simple, they called back and I was scheduled an interview. Then another after that. Was given the job on site. Since then (hired a year ago) I have become a server and cant say enough about how much I love the fast paced environment & opportunities to make good money.

Interview Questions

Red Lobster Response

Jun 5, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for the feedback regarding not only the interview process, but your overall thoughts about your employment experience with Red Lobster thus far. We look forward to continuing to be the company... More

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Columbus, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Rude from the get go and had no care and learned that was just the manager himself. Straight to the point and didnt not look into experience just wanted another working body

Interview Questions

• What would you do for this company?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster in April 2017.

Interview

This was a 2 week process. I went in for an interview, then the next week came in for a follow up interview and got a call 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that would result in us hiring you?   1 Answer
    • What are your hobbies and interests?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you had a disagreement between you and another co-worker?   1 Answer
    • Why Red Lobster?   1 Answer
    • What do you think are the most important qualities in your job(host)?   1 Answer

Red Lobster Response

Jun 5, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist

Congrats on accepting the position and welcome to the Red Lobster family!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurney, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Gurney, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

It was easy the first manager I met with was friendly , but the general manager had been out doing business for a long time so I really never got my second interview.

Prep Cook/Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Lufkin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Had first interview with the restaurant manager to review application information to make sure all information submitted was correct. The manager then proceeded to ask situational questions that included different scenarios that would occur in the job restaurant and how I would handle those situations. I also had a second interview with the general manager, which included different scenario questions in which I had to tell her my handling of those situations. Since I was applying for a position in the kitchen I prepared a an entree and side dish for the second interview to show that I was capable of the position in which I was applying for, since the position called for being crossed training in all positions in the kitchen.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to help out fellow employees to ensure the restaurant was ready for serving customers?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Federal Way, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email that wanted me to call and set up an interview. The next day I called and set up an interview for Monday. I arrived and they made me wait twenty minutes to talk to someone. The interview was pretty easy, and it was the lady's first day that was interviewing me. She said she would call me the next day, but never did. So I decided to call them and set up another interview the following week. Once again I arrived and waited twenty five minutes for a five minute interview! The woman was extremely rude and acted as if she had somewhere to go. She said I would receive an email about if I got the job or not later that day. I got an email that said I did not get the job. A complete waste of time and management.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview Process has a 2 part process one with the front of the house manager and the second is with the general manager. If you usually make it to the second interview you most likely got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be the best fit for Red Lobster?   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Honolulu, HI) in March 2017.

Interview

It was pretty easy and smooth. Since I had quite a few experience in the customer service industry, I was able to to speak with experience. I feel that they want to know if you'll be able to handle customers by yourself.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you?
      Explain to me what would you do when a customer enters through the door.
      What is your greatest and weakest strength?
      Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer.
      Why Red Lobster?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three different interviews. I applied about two to three weeks prior. I was asked typical questions such as why I wanted to work there and what my strengths and weaknessess are etc. The interviews were not hard, just be genuine and have some general knowledge about serving. The final interview was more like a meeting with the GM. At that point I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Decatur, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a great process amazing people all around. They were warm welcoming made you feel like you at home from the time you get there and leave. Theres no other place i would want to work for.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a unsatified coustmer?   1 Answer