Red Lobster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.2

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Schaumburg, IL location, the guy seemed bored and didn't want to be there. Barely said hello, didn't introduce himself, but someone else said his name. He kept looking out the window, slouched in his seat, sighed multiple times, didn't take notes. He asked me 3 or 4 questions, the interview was about 5 minutes, if that. Waste of time. If someone else interviewed it might've gone better.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a manager asking me to come in for an interview and they also asked for my availability. I came in for my interview and they first showed me the proper work attire for every position and then continued to ask me the basic interview questions. They told me that I will need to come back for an interview with the general manager and he will determine if I'm hired or not.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Asheville, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward, I was nervous at first, but the manager was very friendly and made me feel welcome. He asked questions that were important but not difficult. The manager invited me to Orientation after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you?   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelso, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Kelso, WA).

Interview

The interview process took about one to one and a half hours it was a one-on-one sit-down meeting. The manager and I basically had a discussion partly based on how it's, what to do's, and of course what to do if's.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Sumter, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a very brief interview asked about 8 question and said it was a two part interview and that if I don't get called for the next interview then they went with someone else.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Montgomery, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

I waited an hour after my scheduled interview time to even meet with a manager. They didn't even offer me a glass of water for the wait. When I sat down with the manager we talked about nail colors and hair. Very unprofessional.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Augusta, GA).

Interview

A Brief one on one and a short math test to ensure basic mental math was included in my skill sets.The math test may no longer be included in some locations but i think it should be reapplied. The coworkers that were hired after the requirement was dropped proved weaker in calculating simple math transactions. The Training process is unclear on duration of time and what the exact protocol for a new employee is.

Interview Questions

• What was my goal with the company and how long did i intent on being with the company.   1 Answer

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Omaha, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

During the interview process the first manager will ask you some questions and scope you out and if successful, they will have you interview with the general manager for the second part. The general manager basically acts more situational questions and personality questions to see if you are a good fit for the restaurant. The entire process was about an hour long. The managers were friendly and open to any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• What are your key strengths?   1 Answer
    • If you had two quarters, a dime, a nickel, and three pennies how much is that?   1 Answer
    • What is the first song that you can think of? Sing it!   1 Answer
    • What does hospitality mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What do you like about your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, a waitress starts off at a certain minimum wage.

Server Assistant/Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Sanford, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an interview on a Monday at 12 PM. I got there at 11:55. Me and another girl waited in the lobby for maybe 10 minutes. I kept waiting in the lobby while they interviewed the other girl, which took about 10-15 minutes. Then the manager brought me to a booth, we sat down, and he reviewed my application and such. He asked me why the restaurant business, and I answered. We talked a little bit about my answer, and then he asked me to come in Wednesday to get paperwork done and get a schedule worked out, and he told me he'd like to start me that weekend. He went over the basic rundown of the restaurant and told me what to get for my uniform, and sent me on my way. Overall very stress-free and enjoyable.

Line Cook Interview

Interview

great. very personable. straight forward and straight to the point. very knowledgable about the company and desired employees. felt like I they wanted me to be a part of the team right after the interview was over

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer