Red Lobster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.2

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was very quick I applied on Monday online. I got a email saying to call the store about two hours later. So I called and set up a interview for the following day. Tuesday I went in for the 1st interview and it went great they asked pretty basic questions. The service manager loved me he asked if I could come in the next day to meet with the Gm! So on Wednesday I arrived and the Gm was interviewing someone else so I meet with another Manager instead he loved me as well I was offered the job on the spot he said that the Gm trust his judgement! I will be going to orientation next week! Just be your self

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Sacramento, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I knew someone who worked there and they told me Red Lobster was hiring. My friend put in a good work for me. I applied online, the same day I received an email to set up an interview. I interviewed 4 days later with 2 managers. They asked a lot of questions but were really nice to me. The whole interview process took about 15 mins. They're about 20 other candidates so the pressure was on. Advice to anyone, go in there ready to sell yourself, highlight your strengths, and use things that can set you a part (speaking difference languages etc). I received a call 3 days later saying I got the job.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

It was a standard interview. I came in for an interview and met with some of the senior staff. They just wanted to get to know me and my background. They wanted to know my experience in the restaurant business and if I was capable to succeed in the role.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Tucson, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got an email saying to call to set up an interview, set up the interview and the first one went really well, got told to call back in a few weeks to set up second interview. Second interview went okay. Did not get the job.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (West Melbourne, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online.Went through 2 interviews.They asked some really good questions and the interviewers were really nice.I felt comfortable thru the process.Just wish I could have started work sooner.Other employees talked to me while I was waiting and seemed like a nice group of people.I think I'll like working there.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress at work?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Lanham, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email and phone 5 days later. They told me to come in 2 days later in the afternoon. They had 2 people interviewing me; the service manager and another manager(forgot title). I came in about 15 minutes earlier than the time and was told to sit down. A lot of people started flowing in and after they all said that they were there for an interview I realized that whoever was conducting the process scheduled around 16 people all within a 2 hour frame. The employees were nice and offered us something to drink. I was one of the first to come so about 30 minutes after my scheduled interview time I finally went in. I was already nervous because there were so many people there and it just seemed like a big competition. I guess they noticed that I was tense because they kept telling me to smile and loosen up. (TIP: Smile and don't act shy, be bubbly and confident). They seemed shocked by my age( under 18) and that made me wonder if they even looked at the application before scheduling the interview.They asked me about my previous work experience and then they jumped to availability. I told them the days I was available throughout the week. They asked if I was available weekends and I said only Saturdays were possible. They basically said that they weren't going to waste my time any further because they were only looking for people who had open availability during the weekend. I was disappointed because it was a complete waste of time. They called me all the way to the interview just to say that there was no point of doing the interview since I couldn't work weekends. They could have picked the people who put open weekend availability on their online application and called them in for an interview instead of wasting our time. Out of all the people who interviewed, my guess is that only 2 of them were chosen. I actually wouldn't have minded wasting my time if I didn't have to pay for a uber back home and if I hadn't spent so much time on glassdoor and other websites preparing for it. But on a positive note, if a company doesn't even take time to look at your application or mass schedules their interviews then they probably aren't the company for you. This review is long just to show what could happen at a red lobster interview that doesn't go as planned.

Interview Questions

• Former work experience?   1 Answer
    • Age   1 Answer
    • Availability. This is the last question I was asked and the one that ended my interview.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was in a room with 5 other people, watching videos and I filled out a paper , and that's it and he asked us about ourselves, and he talked about the opportunity but it was anything I really was comfortable with, it was said no experience needed, it was very confusing I didn't like it. He didn't know us. It didn't even feel like an interview

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (York, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was very long and consisted of two different interviews with two different people, seemed to just stick to basic interview questions. It's good to dress business professional and show good grooming habits. Must be able to show that you are a people's person and able to deal with multiple situations at once.

Interview Questions

• What was one time something was out of your control and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Provo, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was normal food service interview that anybody could pass, nothing special to report. The training was a little long in my opinion but I guess necessary. You have to bus your first couple nights too.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Port, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (North Port, FL).

Interview

Applied online and was called in to have an interview. Brought my resume and chatted briefly with manager. Was asked about previous serving and bartending experience. Short and sweet. Was hired on the spot.