Red Lobster Line Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.3

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mishawaka, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Mishawaka, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

Went for interview and talked to a nice manager that went great nice company nice store and staff nice Host and they made me feel comfortable and I will probably take the job so I'll have 2 jobs..they tested me on skill and gave me a tour of the restaurant

Interview Questions

• Availably and schedule.. personally and working skills   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Line Cook Interview

Interview

great. very personable. straight forward and straight to the point. very knowledgable about the company and desired employees. felt like I they wanted me to be a part of the team right after the interview was over

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pinellas Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Pinellas Park, FL).

Interview

Have to go through at least two interviews, Have to understand this is a very demanding line of work.Intensive and detailed . Productive down to the timeing of every order . Being aware of safety issues in a large scale resturant .

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Snellville, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

They will ask a lot of common interview questions (“Tell me about yourself,” etc.), and questions about the specific position and your experiences in the role (server, chef, restaurant manager, etc.). Prepare thoroughly so that you can ace the interview and beat out your competition. Be able to able to remain calm and hopefully help others do the same in the kutchen.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good addition to our team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for what you need. Clothes mouths dot get fed so they cook.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Snellville, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Talked to the kitchen manager, than later talked to the General Manager, I wore dress pants and a Dress Shirt. Later filled out paperwork and did a training process. The general manger described what job ill be doing to get fill of everything is in kitchen and would be OK with do that job. Told me how much it pays.

Interview Questions

• Why did i wanna be a line cook, whats my five year plan, where do i see myself going at this job. Where do i wanna go after this job   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Showed up, said "Hey I want to be a line cook." They were all "K... see you tonight on the line."

It wasn't an interview per se. This is an hourly line cook position. I'm really just filling this out so I can see other reviews on this silly website. There's really not much else to say. I mean... it's Red Lobster, people. What do you expect? A 20 page online survey followed by a series of web interviews to narrow down the best candidate?

Negotiation

So good

Anonymous Employee in Shenandoah, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Shenandoah, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email asking me to call them the next day. The application was easy but you have to pass their assessment. Interviews were pretty easy, my first interview they asked me about my work experience and why I wanted to work at Red Lobster. The next time was a pretty standard interview with pretty standard questions about working in food service, in a team, etc. Then I was pretty much hired on the spot. I had orientation a few days after and I gave them my ss card and driver's license.

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Dover, DE) in September 2014.

Interview

Filled out application online, application was pretty straight forward, nothing too complicated. Was called in for an interview within 1 week. Interviewed by one of the 3 managers at a back table of the restaurant during a slow break in service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (San Antonio, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

They were really nice, asked me pretty average questions. It was my first interview so I was pretty nervous, but they understood so I felt really comfortable. It went pretty quick. There was a couple of other people waiting for interviews but I only needed to wait 20 minutes or so for my turn. They even offer you a free drink which is pretty nice.

Line Cook Interview

Interview

I was called into an interview with a shift manager. They asked me typical questions like, "How do you describe customer satisfaction." and "Tell me a time in which you dealt with a difficult customer and what was the result?" After that I was invited for a second interview with the General Manager in which questions were more personality focused like, "How would you describe leadership?" After that I was offered a job and invited to attend orientation.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite thing about your last job?   Answer Question