Red Lobster Restaurant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.2

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Detroit, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Very fair and structured. They use a uniform interview guide. Very nice and polite throughout the entire process. Had a phone interview and the later met with the director.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through the Talent team for a position in Virginia Beach, Va. The phone interview was pretty through, yet simple. Took about an hour. I was then given the green light to meet with the District Manager. Met at one of the Red Lobster restaurants, got to know each other, and I landed an offer. Had to do a background check and drug screen, then I got my start date. So far, so good.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced a hectic working environment and are you able to sustain the pressure.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

It was a standard interview. I came in for an interview and met with some of the senior staff. They just wanted to get to know me and my background. They wanted to know my experience in the restaurant business and if I was capable to succeed in the role.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

In person in restaurant with GM and Regional Manager. Very conversational and relaxed. Discussed how to handle customer service situations, employee issues and maintaining positive environments. Also discussed regional goals and how I would contribute to the overall success of the restaurant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Charleston, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

I meet the Do in a restaurant during Lunch we spoke for a couple of hours .. Causal and Candid conversation about the restaurant business. My expectations and his.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Columbia, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

Director interview, phone interview with corporate, drug test and background check. After you sit down with director and they decide they want to hire you, then they contact corporate, and corporate does your background and drug test and offers you your pay.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing about a restaurant   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

I have a lot of management experience so it was a no brainier to hire me. I interviewed with the Talent Acquisition team then with 2 Director of Operations. After my back ground check was passed..*whew thank god* and i passed my drug check *also another close one* they offered me the job. I like the fact I get paid every week. I would say I like the fact that once they got to know me the care about where I work they want me to be successful, my previous employer was not like that at all more of a SINK or SWIM situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your morals were tested dealing with an employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i told them what I wanted and what i felt I was worth they came in 8,000 under i came down 2,000 from my offer they came up 5,500 more and i said ok lol.

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

One on One with General Manager, then I received a phone call from a District Manager to set up an interview. Waited a week after interview, to be told they wanted to hire me. Then I was told to fill out form online, and set up my Drug test. Took drug test, then awaited them to come back with my Background Screen results. After they came back, I was hired on and given a start date

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Then there was the scenario questions. how do you define Hospitality? Tell me about a time you had to handle and upset guest, and what was the outcome? Tell me the time you had to handle an employee whom performance was lacking, how did you approach them and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

A telephone interview that went for a hour. Then a second interview that went two hours. The third interview felt more like a formality with the general manager of the location that I was going to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate they gave me more than i was asking for.

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Fairview Heights, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Fast, hired on the spot. Poor interview skills. Interview was 1 hour long. Huge management and employee turnover. Horrible HR, they messed up my starting day. Very bad overall experience. I had to do a background check, drug test, and personality test.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer