Red Lobster Server Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Lobster Server Assistant Interview Questions

2.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Athens, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview. I applied online via snagajob, and called them five days later to follow up. The manager then asked me to come in for an interview the next day. I then had two interviews, one with a manager and then one with another manager. I got the call that I was hired immediately after leaving the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Asked simple questions like what experience do you have, why did u choose red lobster out of all other restaurants, ect. Then I got to talk to the server manager who was great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Stay positive, do a great job, & sell them your best since your getting a job

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy. The only question I had trouble with was when they asked what does teamwork mean to you. I just said that it means everyone working together to make sure the guests are happy. All in all the interview was easy and I got hired.

Server Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a server assistant position. 3 days later I received an email telling me that they were interested and to call a manager within the next two days. I made sure that I called early because it was a Saturday and I know that they get busy in the afternoon. I called and spoke to a manager and she set me up for a interview Monday afternoon. I arrived 10 minutes early and signed in. It was a couple of people in front of me waiting to be interviewed so I wait about 20 minutes before the manager got to me. My first interview was with the Service Manager she was really nice. She asked me basic questions like "Why Red Lobster" and "What does teamwork mean to you" and some customer based questions like "Tell me about a time when you encountered a conflict with a customer, how did you handle it" After the questions she told me a little bit about the position and how i must move at a fast pace. She then told me that she wanted me to speak to the General Manager for a second interview. I was really happy about that because I didn't have to drive all the way back for a second interview. About 2 minutes later the General Manager came to get me and his questions were a little bit more detailed like why should we hire you, and why should we choose you over the other candidates I have to interview. He also asked me some more customer based questions. I pretty much knew how to answer all of the questions because I worked at Darden before so I know what is expected for my position. He then proceeded to hire me on the spot and told me that he would like to cross train me for a host position and potentially a server which was really cool because they push for growth in the company. He told me he'd call me for orientation within the next two days, So Im just waiting for the call.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over the other candidates I have to interview?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations starting pay is server minimum wage plus tips

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Ontario, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Went in for interview and met with hiring manger. Very friendly and lots of eye contact. Asked me simple interview questions. What's availability? Let me know about the position and hours available. Strengths and weaknesses, why red lobster? And most important why should we hire you? Overall went good, was content with whole interview process. She wants me to meet up with one more manager and have a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Gurnee, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got an emai the very same day I applied to call and speak with a manager to set up an interview. So I did. 2 days later I went to my interview and everything was fine, the manager seemed to like me and decided to set me up for a second interview and I went for my 2nd interview 3 days later. That manager seemed to like me very well, the interview went really well! afterwards she mentioned i would get an email about the job. Its been 3 weeks and so far nothing. I called to see if they were still in the decision process but the manager seemed like she barley wanted to talk like she was rushed.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Savannah, GA).

Interview

I applied for the server assistant position online via the Red Lobster career section. I received a call the next day that told me when to come in for an in-person interview. The questions asked were typical questions that centered around customer service and the values of the company. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would sell this menu item to a customer.   Answer Question

Server Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online got a email saying to call and set up interview went to the interview was very easy basic questions.

Server Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to come in one week later. I had two interviews, one with the serving manager and the other with the GM. It was very easy with expected questions

Interview Questions

• What does service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Mesa, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

Awesome and easy!