Red Lobster Server Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Lobster Server Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Red Lobster

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

The process was very easy I applied online and waited about two days and called them and scheduled a interview they wanted me to come in the same day and I did unfortunately I was very nervous but was able to calm down and everything went well

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Portage, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied at Red Lobster for the host/server assistant position and got an email saying they wanted to meet me. I met with the General Manager, he was very nice but he did not really ask me any questions. It didn't seem like he was ready because he was not informed of the interview till 30 minutes before.He just explained what the position entailed, and then I guess he liked me enough because he wanted to schedule an interview to meet the District Manager. As I was getting up to leave he said "oh, and why Red Lobster?". I think because he realized he hadn't asked me anything.
    The 2nd interview with the DM was a little more detailed. He asked me questions like...
    1.how I would treat a college student as opposed to someone elderly.
    2. What would I do in a situation where a bunch of people were waiting longer than what I said the wait time was going to be and people were getting a little upset/irritated
    3.Why should we hire you to be a team member instead of any other of the candidates

After we got past the availability questions and everything, he told me he'd let me know by the next day because he had some other interviews yet and he wanted to think about it. I didn't get a call the next day but I got one about 3 days later for a Host position instead of the Server Assistant.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in a situation where a bunch of people were waiting longer than what I said the wait time was going to be and people were getting a little upset/irritated   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Bakersfield, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application online on a monday night and within a day received an email telling me to call management that mon-thurs between 2-4. I called on wednesday and we set up an interview for the following monday.

My interview on Monday was with the front house manager and she was very friendly-i have next to no restaurant experience so she changed questions around so i could relate to them. we're both ex-military so i think thats how i got in..she asked your standard questions "why red lobster, have you ever had an exceptional dining experience-tell me about it, what will make you a good member of our team, tell me about a time you had a conflict at work and how you helped resolve it.' if you're going into an interview they really like that you emphasize customer service and when discussing resolving a conflict with a customer emphasize how important it is that you never blame anyone else, even if it isnt your fault, take the blame. I was only there for about 25 min, i came early and they didnt keep me waiting which was nice. She scheduled me for my second interview on friday with the DM.

The DM was also very friendly and when he noted that i was nervous he reassured me that if you get a second interview you're pretty much in. he only asked one question as his question list was misplaced. he asked why red lobster and then we went on to discuss other things. He decided to put me through my orientation right there so it was also my first day. Very friendly people, make sure to keep smiling and they really care about employing good-attitudes, good work ethic and friendly people. Emphasize how youd never say "oh thats not my job" and how you'll always find something to do-cause in a restaurant something always needs to get done!

Also, I applied for server's assistant and since i have some restaurant experience the DM told me I could move up in as little as two weeks. So don't let this position stray you-you will move up :-)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, minimum wage and tips.

Anonymous Employee in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Henrietta, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call two days later. Came in for an interview...the first manager who interviewed me was very nice, asked me a few questions. Came in the next day for an interview with the General Manager. Before our interview, he was asking when I could come into orientation! The interview with him went very well, I got the job, set up orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Server Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to come in one week later. I had two interviews, one with the serving manager and the other with the GM. It was very easy with expected questions

Interview Questions

• What does service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Mesa, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

Awesome and easy!

Server Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online got a email saying to call and set up interview went to the interview was very easy basic questions.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Savannah, GA).

Interview

I applied for the server assistant position online via the Red Lobster career section. I received a call the next day that told me when to come in for an in-person interview. The questions asked were typical questions that centered around customer service and the values of the company. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would sell this menu item to a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Athens, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview. I applied online via snagajob, and called them five days later to follow up. The manager then asked me to come in for an interview the next day. I then had two interviews, one with a manager and then one with another manager. I got the call that I was hired immediately after leaving the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy. The only question I had trouble with was when they asked what does teamwork mean to you. I just said that it means everyone working together to make sure the guests are happy. All in all the interview was easy and I got hired.