Red Lobster Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.2

142 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sevierville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Sevierville, TN).

Interview

I interviewed with a manager one day. A couple of days later I interviewed with the general manager. I was offered a position but didn't start training for two weeks due to the training schedule

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Quick and painless. The General Manager asked pretty basic questions, not really related to the actual position. Was offered the job on the spot and started training the following week.

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Vallejo, CA).

Interview

Brief overview of past employment, duties, responsibilities, pros and cons, familiarity with their product, my availabilty, when I could start, did I need to give notice to other employee?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurney, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Gurney, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

It was easy the first manager I met with was friendly , but the general manager had been out doing business for a long time so I really never got my second interview.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

It's a two part interview. Once with the manager for the position you're applying for and the second with the general manager. They ask open ended questions giving you a lot of opportunity to show who you are! Just be yourself and honest and you'll do great!

Anonymous Employee in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Queensbury, NY).

Interview

You have one interview with a manager and then if they like you and pass your application along to the general manager you have an interview with the GM. They will ask questions about previous work experience but if you don't have any as long as you have a reference you should be okay.

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (King of Prussia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. They sent me an email a few days later asking me to call and schedule and interview within the next 2 days. The process was quick, less than a week.

Interview Questions

• What were your responsibilities at your last job? What was your table turnover time at your last job? What was your server scorecard like? What is your availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Pearland, TX).

Interview

Typically a 2 interview process. Speak to manager. Second interview with general manager. Down to earth managers. Typically servers that worked their way up. Basic interview questions. Ask questions like why would you be a great fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• How did you go the extra mile for a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Montgomery, AL) in August 2016.

Interview

I waited an hour after my scheduled interview time to even meet with a manager. They didn't even offer me a glass of water for the wait. When I sat down with the manager we talked about nail colors and hair. Very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Evansville, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

I came to the interview without well preparation. It's not surprising that they did not hire me. Overall, I came to the restaurant 15 minutes early and waited around 10 minutes for my interview. The manager came up to me with a smile. The interview questions were not something I have ever prepared for.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is an excellent customer service?
      2) What's hospitality mean to you?
      3) How's to handle upsetting customer?
      4) How do you interested in working at Red Lobster?
      5)How team work means to you?
      6) How do you help a new employee to make her feel comfortable?
      7) Where you are working right now, what you like and do not like about it?   Answer Question