Red Lobster Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Lobster Server Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.2

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

It's a two part interview. Once with the manager for the position you're applying for and the second with the general manager. They ask open ended questions giving you a lot of opportunity to show who you are! Just be yourself and honest and you'll do great!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Anonymous Employee in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Queensbury, NY).

Interview

You have one interview with a manager and then if they like you and pass your application along to the general manager you have an interview with the GM. They will ask questions about previous work experience but if you don't have any as long as you have a reference you should be okay.

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Pearland, TX).

Interview

Typically a 2 interview process. Speak to manager. Second interview with general manager. Down to earth managers. Typically servers that worked their way up. Basic interview questions. Ask questions like why would you be a great fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• How did you go the extra mile for a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Evansville, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

I came to the interview without well preparation. It's not surprising that they did not hire me. Overall, I came to the restaurant 15 minutes early and waited around 10 minutes for my interview. The manager came up to me with a smile. The interview questions were not something I have ever prepared for.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is an excellent customer service?
      2) What's hospitality mean to you?
      3) How's to handle upsetting customer?
      4) How do you interested in working at Red Lobster?
      5)How team work means to you?
      6) How do you help a new employee to make her feel comfortable?
      7) Where you are working right now, what you like and do not like about it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Jacksonville, NC).

Interview

You go in and sit down with the Hiring or General Manager they go over your resume, and the questions begin. If the first manager likes you, they will call you in again for a second interview with another manager. From there, you have the job if you pass through the second interview!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Lacey, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Was introduced but the person interviewing me did not tell me his position. Was rude and made faces during interview that made me nervous. Said I was too uptight and that I wasn't going to get hired since I had no experience even though it says that on my application. He was very un prepared. He didn't take the time to get organized or even look at my application before calling me in. It was a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you and how do you provide that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

They make you wait about 30 min purposely to see if you are capable of waiting for there opportunity as if its the only one. showing your right off the bat how they will treat you as an employee.

Interview Questions

• what makes you want to work here?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Depending on which current employee you know (if you know), the interview could be very informal and easy or hard. I wore all black with worn down sneakers and the managers didn't seem to mind. I applied online, got a call to come in for an interview, and did two interviews on the same day with a manager and the general manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Tucson, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got an email saying to call to set up an interview, set up the interview and the first one went really well, got told to call back in a few weeks to set up second interview. Second interview went okay. Did not get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Provo, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was normal food service interview that anybody could pass, nothing special to report. The training was a little long in my opinion but I guess necessary. You have to bus your first couple nights too.