Red Robin Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 7, 2017

1.8

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hostess Interview

Interview

There were walk in interviews as a new location was opening up in my hometown. I was seated at a table in the back and handed a cute little application. After filling it out a manager approached me to start the interview. The interview was very quick and quite awkward. Afterwards he told me that he would call back in a day or two, but he never did. I needed up calling to check on my application myself, but then I found out that he actually never submitted my application.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Red Robin

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Red Robin (New York, NY).

Interview

Walked in, sat down, hired on spot. Felt a little like they hire based on looks because later the manager made a comment about how "only pretty faces" can be at the front.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Robin in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard from them 3 days later. I went in for an interview a couple days later. The interview was very easy. She only asked me a couple of questions. It didn't even feel like an interview it was more like having a conversation. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Des Moines, WA).

Interview

I had 2 Interviews. First with the manager, he asked a lot of questions about my previous work expierence and asked me why did I want to work here. He also asked me how long I would like to work here and my future education and I responded by saying that money is the only thing holding me back to going back to college but I would like to to go back this fall after saving a lot of money as well working here at red robins part time or even full time, I would like to work my way up in this company;be a host than eventually being a server! After 20 minutes of talking he said he liked me and would like to give me a shot, he wanted the general manager to meet me but told me to come back tomorrow, same time. I did and met the GM, he asked me a few questions and left to meet with the manager from yesterday. 10 minutes later he came back saying they would like to offer me the job!

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work at Red Robins?
      Tell me about your previous work expierence?
      Give me a scenario when you had to deal with an angry customer?
      What does good customer service mean to you?
      Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Robin (Puyallup, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy process - two interviews, one with the GM, the other with the FOH Manager. Straightforward, nothing too extensive. Met in restaurant. Offered job after second interview, just making sure that I'm not crazy.

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Newnan, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Process took a day before I received a call to set up an interview the next day. Offered job on spot. They gave me a list of what I would need and that I would be cross trained as well. They asked about my school but didn't get into detail.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Columbus, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I arrived ten minutes early and asked for the manager, then proceeded to wait about 25 minutes. The manager took me to a booth in the almost empty restaurant to conduct the interview. I was asked mostly personality questions and the interview lasted about five minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Braintree, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they called. A day later i had the interview where they gave me the job on the spot. They gave me a list of what i would need for the job and the dates for orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (Portland, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

I have applied a few times to different Red Robins throughout the last 5 years while I was in school for some income.

I went in a few times for interviews, all very simple, but also not much information was asked of me.

Each time I wasn't given the courtesy of a reply on why I did not get the job or any follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy for the most part I met with the general manager she asked a few basic question your generic interview questions a few personal questions about myself and former employers I had worked for prior to apply to their establishment. I didn't feel any pressure in the interview I marketed myself very very well.