Red Robin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Robin (Denver, CO).

Interview

Terrible experience with this company. They reached out to me first, had two phone interviews regarding the open position, then had to email them 3 separate times over the course of a month to receive any sort of feedback. Company seems very poorly run and management needs to seriously evaluate their recruiters. I won't ever consider a position with this company in the future.

Hostess Interview

Interview

There were walk in interviews as a new location was opening up in my hometown. I was seated at a table in the back and handed a cute little application. After filling it out a manager approached me to start the interview. The interview was very quick and quite awkward. Afterwards he told me that he would call back in a day or two, but he never did. I needed up calling to check on my application myself, but then I found out that he actually never submitted my application.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wareham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Robin (Wareham, MA).

Interview

I went in to be interviewed. I didn't have a good feeling on my chances. I felt like a number. I felt an instant dislike of me right after I finished. I later got sick eating there so I never went back ever again.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (Latham, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and revieved a call two weeks later. I went in the next day for the interview and they asked me about my availability and my ability to multitask.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to do multiple tasks at once   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Robin (Allentown, PA).

Interview

It took 4 interviews and me traveling back and forth from New York to Allentown, PA to be told they were moving in another direction.References are checked after your second interview and I was told that at my 4th interview my references weren't that strong. My 2 previous supervisor never got a call from HR regarding my employent. Then I was told that they weren't in need of management but interviewing just to see if someone could blow them away and if so they would offer employment. I felt like they gave the run around at the end. I have worked for major food companies in Times Square, Bryant Park and passed every interview with Red Robin except for the final with the HR manager. I feel like it was not worth the running around and I would never recommend anyone go through that experience. I loved this restaurant and give credit to the people working in operations each day but the corporate office was a complete dissapointment.

Interview Questions

• The HR manager asked me what I was making? I told her and stated that I understand being in PA there is a lower rate of pay. She took that as me asking for that amount and told me that one reason she denied employment with me is because I was demanding NY money.   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Cerritos, CA).

Interview

I waited for a whole, about 20 mins for another person to show up and there were other groups getting interviewed before me. They just asked the usual simple questions and it was an easy and quick interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

Quick. Guy was rude and interrupted me several times. He asked very basic questions, but cared more about staring at my chest instead of my eyes. Interviewer acted as if he had other things to do and I was wasting his time.

Cook/Dishwasher/Customer Service Representative/Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Robin (Easton, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

They called me for the 1st interview appointment with the HR manager which went very well! The 2nd interview was with the GM of the restaurant and was lacking professionalism and was shorter than the 1st. The GM said he would call me back in 2 days with a decision and never did. I called them the next day and he never called back again. The following day, I spoke to another manager who told me he has off but he probably moved on with someone else. Very unprofessional!

Server Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

I was asked to come in at 2 pm on a weekday. I did so. When I got there the person that was supposed to interview me wasn't there that day. So I waited 15 minutes for some manager to have time. He asked me 3 questions while looking at my resume, about my resume. Then pretty much told me how hard it would be to work at Red Robin, are you serious? I told him I was up for the challenge. His next step was to tell me he would be back in 2 minutes with a decision. Comes back 15 minutes later and tells me that he will tell me in three days. Well 5 days later come by and he hasn't called. I called them and he let me know I didn't get the job. The most unprofessional interview I have ever been a part of.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Robin in January 2016.

Interview

I walked in and asked for the person I will be interviewing with. I was directed to the booth in the back of the restaurant. Interviewer arrived shortly after. The interview was very short. It lasted less than five minutes. I'm pretty sure I didn't get the job. I was asked a few questions and that was it. Interviewer was dismissive. Looked down at the iPad most of the time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What positive experience can you bring to Red Robin?   Answer Question