Red Robin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

1.9

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Went in for an initial interview. Met with manager for about 8 minutes. He asked me a few questions and told me he would like me to come back and meet with him and the head server. Went back a few days later, never met with head server but was offered the job. Whole process seemed a little unorganized, yet, the manager was very nice and overall the experience was good.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle things when you get really busy?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Robin in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard from them 3 days later. I went in for an interview a couple days later. The interview was very easy. She only asked me a couple of questions. It didn't even feel like an interview it was more like having a conversation. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Robin (Omaha, NE) in August 2016.

Interview

It was just a formality. I already was told I got the job before I even interviewed for it. We sat down chatted about non work things, then I was told I got the job, was going to Colorado for 5 weeks and then asked me how much I wanted to get paid.

Interview Questions

• How much I wanted to get paid.   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

It was nice quick and brief, the manager was nice. It was not much of an interview as they asked questions about my availability. They also checked to see if I had any experience however the training was very long and kind of hard. I was a first time server but the training helped.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Des Moines, WA).

Interview

I had 2 Interviews. First with the manager, he asked a lot of questions about my previous work expierence and asked me why did I want to work here. He also asked me how long I would like to work here and my future education and I responded by saying that money is the only thing holding me back to going back to college but I would like to to go back this fall after saving a lot of money as well working here at red robins part time or even full time, I would like to work my way up in this company;be a host than eventually being a server! After 20 minutes of talking he said he liked me and would like to give me a shot, he wanted the general manager to meet me but told me to come back tomorrow, same time. I did and met the GM, he asked me a few questions and left to meet with the manager from yesterday. 10 minutes later he came back saying they would like to offer me the job!

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work at Red Robins?
      Tell me about your previous work expierence?
      Give me a scenario when you had to deal with an angry customer?
      What does good customer service mean to you?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

Quick. Guy was rude and interrupted me several times. He asked very basic questions, but cared more about staring at my chest instead of my eyes. Interviewer acted as if he had other things to do and I was wasting his time.

Cook/Dishwasher/Customer Service Representative/Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Robin (Easton, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

They called me for the 1st interview appointment with the HR manager which went very well! The 2nd interview was with the GM of the restaurant and was lacking professionalism and was shorter than the 1st. The GM said he would call me back in 2 days with a decision and never did. I called them the next day and he never called back again. The following day, I spoke to another manager who told me he has off but he probably moved on with someone else. Very unprofessional!

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Called to see if they had received my application and was told they actually only give interviews to people that call(northgate mall). Had a first interview with Bert one of the managers, then had a second interview scheduled with the GM Bill. However when I showed up for the second interview Bill was too busy to interview me so he had John the other manager interview me. After that they said they would call me with a decision.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

Hiring managers search for highly charismatic, personable people. They want to see that applicants can interact well with customers and other staff. Additionally, they want to see that you have a drive to move up within the company. Come prepared to talk to multiple people.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to juggle multiple tasks at one time?   Answer Question

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Flew me to Austin to interview. Had a good time discussing options for advancement, growth of the brand, expectations and a facilities tour. Enjoyed a lunch with the Regional Director and then toured again for a culinary walk with the General Manager and the assistant manager. Besides a small mix up with the rental car charge and getting delayed on a flight home by 5 hours it was a great trip.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last employer?   1 Answer