Red Robin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

1.9

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very personal, professional, and effective. They asked a lot of why's in which is something that i appreciated. For instance why I think I deserved the position and why Red Robin. Answering those questions not only forced me to understand myself a little more but gave them a much deeper insight on whether or not I belonged there

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Robin (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Not that long . They ask questions for no reason because they don't follow any of what they say . They throw the phrase team work or team member to loosely because everyone one is out for themselves . They know how to act really well and lie .

Interview Questions

• Do you mind washing dishes   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (Beaverton, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online with a connection to the assistant manager, completed the assessment, and then waited a week until I called them to follow up. My interview was scheduled for the next week and I did three different interviews with three different managers all in the same day. The general manager interviewed me last and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where the kitchen is backed up and the team is overall stressed?   Answer Question

Expo Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Robin in May 2016.

Interview

First I interviewed with the expo manager. I was asked some simple questions, was given job info, and got a date and time for a second interview with the general manager. It was fairly laid back. The interview lasted less than 10 minutes. The second one went similarly. Both went well.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Newnan, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Process took a day before I received a call to set up an interview the next day. Offered job on spot. They gave me a list of what I would need and that I would be cross trained as well. They asked about my school but didn't get into detail.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (Fresno, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

They manager asked me about my experience dishwashing and restaurant history and told him my experiences. we talked about hours, pay and what the job usually consisted of during each shift.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (Maumee, OH).

Interview

The interview was quick and painless, management was a little messed up (something happened with the hiring manager) so getting in to sign paperwork and start training took a little longer than usual. Once training started, I had to take a couple tests to show my knowledge before actually working a shift on my own.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (Greenwood Village, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

1) HR Phone screen to go over background and basics on the job
    2) Interview with hiring manager, VP and peer - first round was 3 interviews
    3) Final interviews with other team members - last round was 3 more interviews

Host Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

Called and set up times and not only was the manager that were supposed to interview me not there for my first interview (so they had to set me up with another manager) but separate managers for each interview were 20 minutes late or more. They asked me about my work history while looking at my resume and then told me that I was hired at the end of the second one. There was no form of communication between them so they assumed the other person would ask the questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They promised to get me started on serving as soon as possible and that they were grooming me for that position because I had server experience which I later found out they had no intention of doing.

Host/Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through Indeed.com for a Host position, received a call from the manager asking me to come in for an interview. Went in, Manager was really nice. Less of an interview and more of her describing the responsibilities of the job. Was not only offered the host position, but asked to come in for a second interview to meet with the manager of the servers. Unfortunately, that manager was unavailable the day that I went in for my second interview, so I interviewed with the GM. Again, super nice and sort of an overview of the position. I had no previous server experience going in and the GM told me that he felt my personality was more suited to a server than a Host position.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important part of being a server?   1 Answer