Red Robin Restaurant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Robin Restaurant Manager Interview Questions

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Robin (Allentown, PA).

Interview

It took 4 interviews and me traveling back and forth from New York to Allentown, PA to be told they were moving in another direction.References are checked after your second interview and I was told that at my 4th interview my references weren't that strong. My 2 previous supervisor never got a call from HR regarding my employent. Then I was told that they weren't in need of management but interviewing just to see if someone could blow them away and if so they would offer employment. I felt like they gave the run around at the end. I have worked for major food companies in Times Square, Bryant Park and passed every interview with Red Robin except for the final with the HR manager. I feel like it was not worth the running around and I would never recommend anyone go through that experience. I loved this restaurant and give credit to the people working in operations each day but the corporate office was a complete dissapointment.

Interview Questions

• The HR manager asked me what I was making? I told her and stated that I understand being in PA there is a lower rate of pay. She took that as me asking for that amount and told me that one reason she denied employment with me is because I was demanding NY money.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Red Robin

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehigh Valley, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (Lehigh Valley, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

Initial brief phone interview. Followed by interviews with junior level HR people, 2 regional operations managers, VP of Operations, and head of HR. Most interviews were similar. Asking about previous experience, followed by behavioral questions and hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a conflict between two of your team members   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time your integrity was compromised by a decision you made.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brief. Was able to squeeze a few thousand more out in annual salary.