Red Robin Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

1.9

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin (Valparaiso, IN).

Interview

Was interviewed one-on-one with first the assistant manager, then immediately afterwards I went on to be interviewed by the general manager. Once hired after interviewing with the general manager, I was asked to came back later the same day to participate in a group orientation process with the other hired applicants.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Red Robin

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

Fast and easy process, was hired on the spot. I had no previous serving experience and I am glad they gave me a chance. Manager was very nice and I walked out very happy and excited to start working.

Server Interview

Interview

it was an awesome process and really easy. they ask the basic questions about your previous experiences and what your availability is and they want to make sure that you work well with others. They have you serve a table to practice in front of them

Interview Questions

• availability
      able to work holidays
      what do you do when you have a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Robin (Langhorne, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

The manager seemed uninterested generally in the job and the interview was awkward despite getting the job. After 20 uncomfortable minutes i felt free to leave but ended up taking it because they get busy

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Robin (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I was interviewed and got the job the same day. They are always desperate to hire people because no one wants to stay. The process only takes about 20 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Went in for an initial interview. Met with manager for about 8 minutes. He asked me a few questions and told me he would like me to come back and meet with him and the head server. Went back a few days later, never met with head server but was offered the job. Whole process seemed a little unorganized, yet, the manager was very nice and overall the experience was good.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle things when you get really busy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Called to see if they had received my application and was told they actually only give interviews to people that call(northgate mall). Had a first interview with Bert one of the managers, then had a second interview scheduled with the GM Bill. However when I showed up for the second interview Bill was too busy to interview me so he had John the other manager interview me. After that they said they would call me with a decision.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

I was asked to come in at 2 pm on a weekday. I did so. When I got there the person that was supposed to interview me wasn't there that day. So I waited 15 minutes for some manager to have time. He asked me 3 questions while looking at my resume, about my resume. Then pretty much told me how hard it would be to work at Red Robin, are you serious? I told him I was up for the challenge. His next step was to tell me he would be back in 2 minutes with a decision. Comes back 15 minutes later and tells me that he will tell me in three days. Well 5 days later come by and he hasn't called. I called them and he let me know I didn't get the job. The most unprofessional interview I have ever been a part of.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

Quick and just asked a few behavioral questions. Went in and spoke with the general manager. Walked through my resume and explained any prior experience that I had. Asked me too explain my strengths and weaknesses and then they told me a little bit about what I would be doing and offered me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Robin (Albany, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

I walked into the restaurant and filled out an application inside then we had a group interview with about five other people. The manager asked us questions about the restaurant and what we knew then he asked us to tell him our name and why we are applying then he told us they will review our applications and call us back for another interview