Red Robin Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

1.9

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

If you want a job here just tell them you will work more than one persons job for minimum wage. Also if you don't mind cheating and doing own surveys to stay green, that is what job consists of selling royalty cards and surveys. Tell them you are really good at being graded on things that are not in your control.

Interview Questions

• They should ask you if you are super fast on slick floors and don't mind working ten to twelve hours straight without a break while management eats lunch for two hours.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Red Robin

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Pearland, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call the next day. Went in person the next day after the call for an interview and met with a manager who asked a couple questions was then hired on the spot.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Robin in June 2015.

Interview

3 interviews. 2 Managers and the last is with the General Manager of the location. The first interview is a basic meet and greet. The second one is where they begin to ask more situational questions so come prepared for using unique personal examples. The last one is the easiest as long as you don't say the wrong thing you basically have the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Robin (Brighton, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick. Had 2 interviews in 1 day with both the server manager and the general manager. They both asked mostly the same questions, went to the back to talk and went from there. I started my orientation the next week. Four days after that I had my final test and then was put on the schedule as a waitress.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The interview was about an hour and a half or two hours long and wasn't hard.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Robin (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Not too professional, manager was distracted and hardly interested in my qualifications more so wanted to hire someone quickly. Was hired on the spot after a 20 minute interview, was asked to come back later in the week for training. Manager ended up transferring in the next week, as is customary for this store apparently.

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Portage, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a simple interview with very basic questions. They mostly just wanted to get to know you as a person and see if you would fit in with the company culture. You needed experience serving in order to be considered for a serving position.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin in March 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted about an hour and I had 3 interviews during that time. Each interview lasted about 5-7 minutes and I spent the rest of the time sitting around waiting. Interview process seemed very unorganized. They didn't really ask a lot of questions just basically looked over my resume and asked questions about previous jobs. I was offered a position and I accepted however after 3 weeks I still hadn't heard any details on when my training would begin so I called and the GM who did one of my interviews said he didn't remember me and to come in the next day so we could figure out when my training would begin. When I arrived the next day I told him who I was and why I was there, he had me sit at a table and said he would be right back. After about 10 minutes he came back and asked my name and then asked me what time my interview was that day. I explained I had already been hired and just needed to find out when my training was. We talked a little and he took my info and said the training manager would call me that friday (this was on a wednesday). Its now been 3 weeks since that conversation and I am still waiting for the training manager to call me. At this point I have decided this is not the job or company for me.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Des Moines, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day. I set up an interview for two days later.

The interview was extremely easy. She only asked me what made me choose Red Robin and what I knew about the company, but apart from that it was super casual. After a brief 7 or so minute interview, she offered me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They don't really let servers negotiate. Starting here is $4.65, which I think is reasonable based on the amount of traffic this location sees.

Server Interview

Interview

Sit-down interview with manager on duty. Very relaxed and personal. There was not a lot of pressure during the interview and I felt that I was just sitting down having a chat with someone on a 1 on 1 level. After the interview they got back to me about the position in a timely manner and I began my employment with them quickly.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

Had an interview scheduled for 2:00 but ending up having to wait 25 minutes before manager came out. Besides the frustration of having to wait so long, the interview went well. Pretty much just the average ordinary interview you would expect from a chain restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I knew any good jokes.   1 Answer

Better opportunity came up