Red Ventures Interview Questions in Fort Mill, SC | Glassdoor

Red Ventures Interview Questions in Fort Mill, SC

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

You start out with a 10-15 minute phone pre screening interview, then on to a face to face 90 minute interview, where you will go though a moc call (script provided after phone interview), and watch a video based on a previous real call to give you an idea of what the job is like. Its hard selling, if you don't get the sale they don't like it!

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

From first applying online to having the onsite interview, the whole process took about 4 weeks.

They started me off with a phone screen, asking about my background, projects, and interest in the company. I was then assigned a programming assignment - to be completed within the week or two. If you finish this early, make sure to spruce and clean it up a bit before submitting.

About 2 weeks after submitting the assignment, I received a request for an onsite interview.

The whole onsite interview process took 4 hours. The casual nature of the interview itself immediately put me at ease. It started with a tour of HQ and several meetings thereafter. I spoke with several different interviewers in 30 minute intervals on topics spanning behavioral to technical.

It only took 2 days for HR to get back to me.

Cultural fit is vital to getting hired, parallel to technical ability and aptitude for learning. Communication and passion for technology is also key.

The interview process is quite thorough, but was not necessarily difficult.

Interview Questions

• What are two things not on your resume I should know about you?   Answer Question

Strategic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through my college and had an on campus interview that was half behavioral and half a case study. I then was invited onsite. I had a TERRIBLE experience. The culture is very fratty and drinking oriented--they have a beer garden, happy hours to bond with members of your team, and the trip to Cancun was described by employees as akin to a college spring break trip. I was left with the impression by employees that if you do not drink, you will not fit in.

There is a dinner with Red Ventures employees before the actual on-site interview, and I was frequently talked over or completely ignored while the employees talked to interview candidates they knew from their college. I felt very uncomfortable and silenced.

The office is all full of a similar demographic, and when I asked about how Red Ventures defined diversity, my interviewer told me that it was complicated. Apparently, Red Ventures is working on it and open to change and having diversity as a 'project' if a new hire wanted to take it on, but it wasn't a prioritized concern. Most employees are from the same colleges in NC, so diversity in terms of thought process or geography was also not taken into consideration. The only diversity to speak of was the range of majors employees came from, which was compelling, but not enough to balance out the other lackings.

Also, a word of caution to future interviewees--there is NO time between interviews. The day of, you will have back to back interviews. Literally back to back. If you need to use the bathroom, you will be taking away time from your next interview. There is also no lunch or breakfast or transportation provided; Red Ventures employees at the dinner admitted that the company was working to save costs.

Interview Questions

• What is something you are passionate about? How would you create a model of a company around this passion? What would you do if you had one employee who was slowing down the work and not meeting the vision of your company? How would you get the word out about your new company and how would it be different from other similar companies? (Essentially, they want to see how you think in this context).   Answer Question
    • What is something about you that we don't know from your resume?   Answer Question
    • How did you find out about Red Ventures?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

contacted by email to schedule phone interview. after phone interview, if you are a good fit you are schedule to come on site for a face to face. you are in a group interview to start than broken off to a one on one.

Interview Questions

• what makes you a good fit here without talking about your background   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Campus recruiting.
    Data analysis for a business problem.
    On site interview with bunch of people, presentation, code, business insights, etc.
    Then someone will take you to lunch and you will meet with others that work with the data scientist team

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

The interview process was very well organized.
    Step 1) Typical resume run through with HR rep - getting to know you, laid back
    Step 2) Case Interview with manager. Really cannot prepare for it, just testing your ability to think through concepts that you will see on a daily basis at the company
    Step 3) Was flown out to Charlotte, put up in a nice hotel and taken out the night before for dinner with the other candidates interviewing, and a few Red Ventures employees. The next morning, the interviewing process on site began and lasted about 5 hours. Started off with a tour of the facilities. Then, there were roughly 4-5 case studies with different RV employees testing different things. Again, cannot prepare for this.

Interview Questions

• Which class over your college career would you choose to re-do if you had the opportunity?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and sent my resume to a recruiter on a Monday morning and heard back within one or two days to have a 30-minute phone interview. I had a positive phone interview on Thursday morning that same week and later that same day, I was invited to do a program assignment, which I finished and submitted the following Monday. I was notified on Thursday that I was not selected for the position.

Strategic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

I saw the job posting on my college job board and decided to apply after reading the summary provided, which was focused very heavily on the unique culture of the company. First, was a behavioral interview over the phone, which was pretty standard. After that, they had a more analytical interview over the phone in which they emailed you a sheet beforehand to be printed out and provided info during the interview. As they provided certain info, you had to compute the missing values and tell them to the interview. After that, you're called in to tour the "campus" and do a few more analytical exercises like in the previous phone interview. Overall, a very pleasant interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

You will have 1 or 2 phone interviews and will been emailed a paper script if you've made it that far. Practice with someone as if they are a customer. Don't point out flaws in the script like grammar, morality etc. Be as aggressive and relentless as possible. Control the call, it "the customer" asks a question, answer it and then get control back again by asking your own question. They love saying, "it is easier to reign you back in than it is to toughen you up." Basically and sadly, if you feel like a jerk, you are doing it right.

Interview Questions

• How many things can you do with a paper clip...go, you have 60 seconds.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You are a cog in the wheel of a machine.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Screening Interview
    2. Project Assigned (Do well on this. It is the reason they may or may not hire you. But also, don't cheat. They see a lot of that and you'll be exposed)

Onside Interview:
    1. RV Tour
    2. Project Review
    3. Whiteboarding Interview
    4. Personal Interview (Basic interview questions)
    5. VP/Director Interview

Interview Questions

• How do you continue growing your knowledge in your field?   1 Answer
    • Diagram how you would store _______ (insert object criteria) for this certain web app (insert more criteria)   Answer Question
    • (During Project Interview) Why did you use this particular library?   Answer Question