Red Ventures Interview Questions in Fort Mill, SC | Glassdoor

2.8

103 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

It started with a phone interview which went well. Next I had a project to complete. Finally I had a half day onsite interview which had a variety of different interview tactics.

Senior UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call 30 - 45 minutes went very well. Recruiter asked me to complete a design exercise and told me after it was complete, they would have a response within two days because they don't like to keep people waiting. Recruiter asked me when I would have the assignment complete and I said 3-4 days. Completed it in 4 days, and went way beyond the initial ask of a PSD/Sketch file and delivered a fully designed and working prototype built in html/css. I shared this work with some former colleagues (senior and lead designers) who worked with me at a very large, household name company. They critiqued it and I made tweaks before submitting - everyone thought I'd done a smashing job.

The recruiter didn't bother to mention that she'd be on vacation the next week (even though she emphasized the 2-day turnaround for feedback), and after a few days of no response I decided to contact her boss. I followed up several times after this getting the run-around and after two weeks of this I checked in again.

I received a dry email saying my "skills didn't match" what they needed and that they couldn't provide any type of critique or feedback because of an HR policy. Not to toot my own horn but I'm more than qualified, experienced and talented for this position. Waiting two weeks just to hear a solid no after going extraordinary lengths is incredibly rude. In the end it doesn't matter - I have an incredible job offer in hand, so it's all good.

Lesson learned: don't spend too much time/effort on design assignments when trying to get a job. Your portfolio should speak for itself. There's nothing wrong with a small assignment but red flags should go up when they ask for a bunch of work.

Interview Questions

• Re-design a Nike shoe page keeping in mind UX and UI   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

They will be your tourist's guide around the building. You will watch about an hour of a CSR phone call, then just regular questions. Why Red Ventures? What was the manager that you have learned most from and why? Role play with the interview. But then... it's just a matter if the interviewer like you or not.

Recent College Grad Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

First there was a phone interview in which a second round interview was scheduled. From there you have a 72 hour wait period to find out if you got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

First they will do a 10 minute phone interview to see if they will invite you for an in-person. They have you block out 2 hours for an interview! Then match you up to do a one on one interview. During the one on one, you are asked to do a role play sales call. They critique you in the session. Afterwards, you are brought back to a group to watch a 30+ minute video on a sample sales call and tour the facility.

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you had to quickly change direction?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you didn't handle something the correct way? How did you fix it?   Answer Question
    • Who is someone you have learned a lot from in your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

First there was an initial phone interview. Then an in person interview. I knew the second I walked onto campus that Red Ventures wasn't for me. But that's part of the benefit of on-site interviews.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied on website, next day received an email request for a phone interview . Phone interview was pretty standard and the recruiter was super nice. Overall pretty pleasant experience, not what I expected after reading some reviews.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a short phone interview at first that was just basic questions to get to know me better. After that, I was invited to take a tour of the campus. I was with a group of about 10 other people, and after the tour, I was interviewed in a 1-on-1 basis. They asked me standard questions about my background and etc. Then they did a sales role-play with me and I was tasked to try and sell them something. Overall, the interview wasn't that hard. You just need to really prepare.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

I was reffered, but interview was typical, interview, with a twist. They ask you to do a phone call picth, and then gave feedback at then end. This was a good interview. On the interview they gave a tour, which is useless if you don't get the job.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

From first applying online to having the onsite interview, the whole process took about 4 weeks.

They started me off with a phone screen, asking about my background, projects, and interest in the company. I was then assigned a programming assignment - to be completed within the week or two. If you finish this early, make sure to spruce and clean it up a bit before submitting.

About 2 weeks after submitting the assignment, I received a request for an onsite interview.

The whole onsite interview process took 4 hours. The casual nature of the interview itself immediately put me at ease. It started with a tour of HQ and several meetings thereafter. I spoke with several different interviewers in 30 minute intervals on topics spanning behavioral to technical.

It only took 2 days for HR to get back to me.

Cultural fit is vital to getting hired, parallel to technical ability and aptitude for learning. Communication and passion for technology is also key.

The interview process is quite thorough, but was not necessarily difficult.

Interview Questions

• What are two things not on your resume I should know about you?   Answer Question