Red Ventures Inside Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Ventures Inside Sales Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was then prompted to schedule a phone interview for one week later. Phone interview was brief (5-10 minutes). They asked why I was interested in sales and why Red ventures. At end of phone interview I was prompted to schedule an onsite interview. That interview lasted about 2 hrs. 1 hr of tour around campus and 1 hr of interview. In the interview they asked how I stay organized, what I do for fun, give an example of a time you had to be persuasive, and give and example of when you responded to negative feedback. Then the have you read over a mock sales script where the interviewer role plays as a customer. Make sure to always be closing during this exercise. I was criticized for leaving too many open ended questions to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you responded to negative feedback from a superior.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Red Ventures

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

First time I applied I didn't get a call back. A year later I applied again. Within a couple of days I got a telephone interview and a week later. I did a one on one interview where I did a sales script and then went to a conference room where there were other applicants and then watched a video about the company and then did a tour of the facilities. They seemed to be doing a lot of hiring. That night after the interview I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• They had me do sales call script that I didn't have to memorize.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

2 step process -- 15-20 minute conversation about why you're looking to be at RV, atet conversation a 1:1 sit down is scheduled where you have to pitch the interviewer a product. they email you the sales pitch to familiarize yourself with it and can even use it when you are in the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

They sent me an email to scheduld the phone interview. First phone interview they give you a description of the job and ask vague questions. Then set up a second phone interview which includes more vague questions which have very little to do with the ability to do the job.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures.

Interview

I first applied online and heard back from an HR rep about 4 days later. Two days later I had my first interview with a hiring manager. The interview lasted about 25 minutes and was straight forward about my experience, my goals and my resume. Following that I was asked to come to their office in Fort Mill for a second interview. The on-site interview consisted of a tour with about 10 other candidates and then one on one interviews. Following a short break, there was a second interview. I was on-site for about 3.5hours. A week later I heard back and was offered a position. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none. offer letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

The campus representative came to our campus and held a "private event" at a local bar. They were obviously trying to wine and dine people in order to gain their affection and make themselves seem like a "cool" company. They would chat in circles and answer questions thrown out by the crowd. From there they offered a phone interview which was only about 15 minutes where they mainly asked about extra curricular activities and your favorite/least favorite classes and why. About two days later I received an e-mail that invited me down to their headquarters in Fort Mill to interview there as well as take a campus tour. I declined the campus visit because I received a better offer at the time.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult class and why?   1 Answer

They really try to sell the fun atmosphere of the company but I think that they are using that to cover up the $10/hr pay and strict guidelines on clocking in and clocking out for every minute you work as well as the awful shifts (late nights and weekends) that they make you work. Also, I am not looking for a job that so closely resembles telemarketing. A company has to be more than just fun.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Ventures (San Antonio, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied for the Inside Sales position available on the Red Ventures website. I was contacted about 10 days after applying and after the basic questions, was schedule for a phone interview the next day. The phone interview went well and I was invited into their location. Once arriving, I realized that it just wasn't for me. Maybe the grandiose idea of casual dress and a competitive environment led me to see this position through rose-colored glasses. At the start of the 1-on-1 interview, I knew it wasn't for me. I informed the interviewer that I appreciated their time, but I didn't want to waste their time and let them focus on someone else. I think that sitting in a little cubicle selling alarm systems may have it's high points, but I just couldn't see myself doing it for very long before losing my mind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Ventures (San Antonio, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

The work zone looked & sounded a lot like a college dorm. I felt like a parent looking on, if ya know what I mean, and the vibe I got immediately upon meeting Interviewer #3 was rather cold, uninterested and oddly uncomfortable. Looking back at it now, the interview process seemed like it was mostly about whether the interviewers simply like you based on your reactionary responses to a couple of one dimensional, overly simplistic questions. RV seems to want salespeople who “can creatively think on their feet” but the trendy questions they enjoy throwing at people don’t measure a person’s integrity, probe their competence or assess their ability to be creative and persuasive. They must think putting people on the spot brings out the best in them while showcasing a person’s potential.

Interview Questions

• "Pick an over-arching theme song to describe your life".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in February 2012.

Interview

I first applied online then I received a reply email saying that they were reviewing my application and that if they were interested they would give me a call. Exactly a day later I got a call and had a on the phone interview which took about 20 minutes, very basic preliminary questions. After the initial phone interview I was ask to come in 3 days after the phone interview. I was told to be there at 9 am. I then sat and had an interview 1 on 1 with a one of the sales managers. She very much to the point and blunt about the business, which is selling alarm systems for ADT and Direct TV. She then said that in order to stay with the company you must have a 50% close rate on the first time callers. I'vd been a salesman my whole life I consider myself to have the gift of gab but even to me 50% seemed unrealistic. Then they give you a script to role play. Once you go through the role play you then sit in with an actual person on the call center sales floor. I listened in for about an hour and got the idea of what you would actually do. After the listening part they take you back again and have you read the script again and role play with them on how to sell an alarm system. I felt that I did prfetty well with the role play since I have done this before in the past with other companies and was sucessful at it. They then said thank you and said that I would hear back in a few days. I received an email from them stating that they went with other candidates and that they were not going any further in the hiring process. I guess what I would take away with this is you better be super aggressive in the role play and close like crazy and you can't take no for an answer. If you can work in this type of environement then good luck to you.

Interview Questions

• How many no's do you hear before you realize the sale is dead?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Easy, two phone call interviews, one to say hello, one to get an idea of your personality. Then schedule an onsite interview, This is a half day. Tour, introduction, interview, shadow employee, second interview. Then a phone call or email within 1-2 days with offer or no offer.