Find jobs for Inside Sales

Red Ventures Inside Sales Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 701 interviews

Other6%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Red Ventures

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Red Ventures in Jul 2018

Interview

Phone screen at first, then got a second at their main campus. The interview was a two stage process. First you learn about the company and they have a mock phone call where they give feedback. Then a "hiring manager" does the second interview. The first person was in a sales role before and should have done the second interview, the second was an hr person with no sales experience. She was pleasant, but told me she would call, only to find a form letter of rejection in my inbox. I have 20 plus years of sales experience and traveled 8 hours for the interview. This is found to be just unprofessional. It looks like a good company, but if they want good sales people, have sales people do the hiring.

Interview Questions
  • name something you have done at work that you would have done differently
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in Jul 2017

Interview

very easy and transparent they inform you about the job and all the responsibilities also they go over what to expect in the interview process and all the duties expected from you. then you will go to ft mill for a in-person interview

Interview Questions
  • previous job history what type of individual are you

What people are saying about Red Ventures

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in Aug 2015

Interview

Applied online. Was then prompted to schedule a phone interview for one week later. Phone interview was brief (5-10 minutes). They asked why I was interested in sales and why Red ventures. At end of phone interview I was prompted to schedule an onsite interview. That interview lasted about 2 hrs. 1 hr of tour around campus and 1 hr of interview. In the interview they asked how I stay organized, what I do for fun, give an example of a time you had to be persuasive, and give and example of when you responded to negative feedback. Then the have you read over a mock sales script where the interviewer role plays as a customer. Make sure to always be closing during this exercise. I was criticized for leaving too many open ended questions to the interviewer.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time you responded to negative feedback from a superior.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in Jun 2015

Interview

First time I applied I didn't get a call back. A year later I applied again. Within a couple of days I got a telephone interview and a week later. I did a one on one interview where I did a sales script and then went to a conference room where there were other applicants and then watched a video about the company and then did a tour of the facilities. They seemed to be doing a lot of hiring. That night after the interview I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
  • They had me do sales call script that I didn't have to memorize.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in Apr 2015

Interview

2 step process -- 15-20 minute conversation about why you're looking to be at RV, atet conversation a 1:1 sit down is scheduled where you have to pitch the interviewer a product. they email you the sales pitch to familiarize yourself with it and can even use it when you are in the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in Jan 2015

Interview

They sent me an email to scheduld the phone interview. First phone interview they give you a description of the job and ask vague questions. Then set up a second phone interview which includes more vague questions which have very little to do with the ability to do the job.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in Mar 2013

Interview

The campus representative came to our campus and held a "private event" at a local bar. They were obviously trying to wine and dine people in order to gain their affection and make themselves seem like a "cool" company. They would chat in circles and answer questions thrown out by the crowd. From there they offered a phone interview which was only about 15 minutes where they mainly asked about extra curricular activities and your favorite/least favorite classes and why. About two days later I received an e-mail that invited me down to their headquarters in Fort Mill to interview there as well as take a campus tour. I declined the campus visit because I received a better offer at the time.

Interview Questions
  • What was your most difficult class and why?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in MISSING VALUE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Ventures

Interview

Had my phone interview today. She asked good questions but didn't seem to care about my answers, it was like they were looking for you to say keywords and once you said them she said "you got it" like I was taking a pretty generic test. I have my physical interview tomorrow but I am extremely leery about taking the job if it is offered to me. I will post after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What is a specific instance when a customer was hesitant to by and you overcame his/her objections? (odd because that is what you run across 90% of your time as a sales person)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Ventures (San Antonio, TX) in Jun 2012

Interview

I applied for the Inside Sales position available on the Red Ventures website. I was contacted about 10 days after applying and after the basic questions, was schedule for a phone interview the next day. The phone interview went well and I was invited into their location. Once arriving, I realized that it just wasn't for me. Maybe the grandiose idea of casual dress and a competitive environment led me to see this position through rose-colored glasses. At the start of the 1-on-1 interview, I knew it wasn't for me. I informed the interviewer that I appreciated their time, but I didn't want to waste their time and let them focus on someone else. I think that sitting in a little cubicle selling alarm systems may have it's high points, but I just couldn't see myself doing it for very long before losing my mind.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Ventures (San Antonio, TX) in Jun 2012

Interview

The work zone looked & sounded a lot like a college dorm. I felt like a parent looking on, if ya know what I mean, and the vibe I got immediately upon meeting Interviewer #3 was rather cold, uninterested and oddly uncomfortable. Looking back at it now, the interview process seemed like it was mostly about whether the interviewers simply like you based on your reactionary responses to a couple of one dimensional, overly simplistic questions. RV seems to want salespeople who “can creatively think on their feet” but the trendy questions they enjoy throwing at people don’t measure a person’s integrity, probe their competence or assess their ability to be creative and persuasive. They must think putting people on the spot brings out the best in them while showcasing a person’s potential.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews