Red Ventures Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Ventures Marketing Interview Questions

3.6

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a 30 minute call. First part of the call was a general idea of what Red Ventures is and what they do. Additionally, the interviewer asks you several behavioral questions. She asks about you passions and what you enjoy to do as a hobby. Lastly, they just ask you something about yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview, they were pleasant, asked some goofy questions.I really enjoyed the person I spoke with though. He was very inquisitive. And I would have wanted to work for them if I didn't take another posistion.

Interview Questions

• Why did i want the posistion?   1 Answer

Because I had another job offer that payned more.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Ventures in October 2013.

Interview

First interview was good, 30 minutes or so just going over my resume with the interviewer. Second interview with a younger man was horrible. Being interviewed for a digital marketing position, I'd assume that the interviewer would be familiar with the field. For the record, I've worked in the digital marketing field for many, many years (likely more than most at Red Ventures considering this is a field that is slightly more new). The interviewer was unfamiliar with terms that I used, and I'm fairly certain this played against me in the interview. Point being, interview was crummy. I've interviewed with difficult firms, and even if not offered the position, didn't have a negative experience. The interview questions were ridiculous and pointless. Actually have a friend who used to work there, and after my interview process, he told me about his experience at the company. Shortly put, I'll say I'm glad I was not offered the position.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Red Ventures.

Interview

The first interview was a talk with one of the recruiters. I could tell that this was an experienced interviewer. It was a total of about 45 minutes. They went through my entire resume asking about each work experience in a fairly thorough manner. Then they asked about what I knew about the their process. Then they opened it up to questions from me and at the end asked about compensation. Next steps would have been a case study in person, but I did not receive a follow up.

Interview Questions

• They asked about compensation on a first interview which surprized me, but I guess that was due to the fact that I worked in a different industry.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted for a recruiter. The recruiter setup an interview with a RV employee. After that interview, I was brought to Charlotte to interview on-site. The day-long interview session consisted of an analytical exam and 4 different 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve this analytical issue - how would you improve performance? What action items would you take?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation took about 30 days due to the relocation process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in July 2010.

Interview

A very thorough and time consuming process. Began with a basic HR interview followed up by a timed analytical assessment. Then another phone interview with someone that manages one of the marketing channels. The next step was an on-site interview which consisted of 7, that's right, 7 total interviews throughout the day. Oh and just about every one included a case interview situation. As part of one of those 7 interviews, plan on presenting one of your case studies to the CMO, who will try to confuse the heck out of you. Finally, a week later, I was brought back in for 5 more interviews (one case interview) and to learn more about the potential position. Needless to say, interviewing at Red Ventures is a very exhausting and in-depth process.

Interview Questions

• How many iPhones were sold in Charlotte in the first month of its release?   1 Answer
    • How would you improve business process X?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied for the job through a posting on my college's career website. Received an email asking me to fill out a Candidate Profile Questionnaire that asked basic questions about my GPA, why I chose my college/major, what I considered my most significant accomplishment, my interest in the company, etc. Next I was contacted for a phone interview, which consisted primarily of behavioral questions. After that I was asked to take a skills assessment test. Finally, I was brought in for an on-site interview, where I met with six different individuals for about 30 minutes each. Red Ventures really emphasizes fit with the company, so most of the questions were behavioral with one back-of-the-envelope case-style question.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about Red Ventures and why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Online Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

This seemed like a good place for online marketing and I found it interesting on paper. When I went for the interview I met several people who didn't looked like good talent and had hardly any experience but somehow held some glorified director, VP etc positions. Everybody seemed a director or vice president of something. But I didn't let that bother me and gave them benefit of doubt. But after I was made an offer I understood why. They will give you fancy titles but the compensation is way behind industry. I like to be compensated fairly. If all a company can offer me is 60% of my current salary then I won't work for them. I don't care how you package your company and how many fancy videos you put on your website (they are nice though!) and how exciting you try to make it look, if a company is looking for great talent then pay good salary.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for redventures?.. be ready for this one - every one of them will ask you this. They like to hear great things about them and need some validation I guess :)   1 Answer

Compensation below industry

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

Had phone interview with HR person, followed by interview with hiring manager. I was given an assignment to complete and asked to return for a full day of interviews with five different people (all department managers, execs). I made it through three of them and then was told they had to cancel the remaining two and they would be in touch with me.

Internet Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in December 2009.

Interview

This one stung...alot. They seem like a great company and everyone that I interviewed with was nice, intelligent, and well-educated. The process itself wasn't so grueling until I got to the end interview with one of the co-founders.

He asked the typical tough questions but the one that apparently sunk me was, "What would you do if you don't get this job?"

I replied that I would probably go back into public education and maintain my exposure to the Internet Marketing industry via consulting clients and teaching night classes on the subject at the local university. Apparently, when talking about teaching, my face lit up. This was later reinforced by the group that interviewed me: they all agreed with the owner (during a group meeting on my potential hire) that I had a real passion for teaching...and apparently having a passion so deep for education was the principle reason.

They still want to partner with me (my night class on Internet Marketing could produce interns for them and they could help swell my class rolls) so they left the door open for the future. I was told all of this by the co-founder himself. That speaks volumes about this company; the co-founder himself called me...to let me know I wasn't getting hired.

This was easily the most difficult interview I've ever had to go through. I'm left questioning everything I've done. I had always prided myself on clear career goals (teach for 5-10 years, get back into tech for 5-10 years, then late-in-life graduate degree in educational technology or language acquisition/ use).

I even thought my passions lined up well with theirs. To be told that my internal compass isn't as well calibrated as I thought leaves me in a state of self-doubt.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another job?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if we don't hire you?   1 Answer