Red Ventures Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Ventures Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for Red ventures and within a couple days I received ano email to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the interview for the following morning. After about 5 min I was invited for an on-site interview where we sat in with other candidates for the first portion of the interview then we had our 1 on 1 interviews. I received an email about a background check and drug screen a couple days later. Overall it was a great experience and I'm grateful for the opportunity to begin working.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a scenario where you had to overcome hesitation?   Answer Question

Sales Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very thorough and a positive experience. It's exciting to see such growth opportunity within the company. I was happy to learn they are now giving management opportunities to candidates outside of the company. I was interviewed by 5 people and all were extremely friendly, open, and honest. I was offered a position, but declined due to the commission caps for management. The base pay was less than I was used to so I needed to know that if my team exceeded goals, I could earn over 100% of the targeted commission. However, their commission structure is not set up that way for Managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate an individual who is struggling to meet their goals?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures.

Interview

Total of 3 rounds of interviews:
    1. Phone interview with HR department - Lots of questions about resume, internship experience, education, leadership experience. This portion of the interview was very impersonal - HR associate just asked a question, recorded my answer and moved on to the next question.
    2. Case phone interview - This interview is with someone who was originally in the Strategic Analyst Associate Program and has since been promoted. The case is about their marketing funnel and involves mental math about percentages. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. This stage allows you to ask real questions about the position and is a lot more personable.
    3. On Site full-day interview - The day in the office is actually pretty cool. Starts with a tour of the facility and then followed by information about their marketing funnel to help start off your case interview. 3 cases about 3 of the four segments of their business. Similar mental math to the phone interview but more applicable problems. Lots of one-on-one time to ask any questions you have and get a feel for the company. After lunch, there's a group excel case that tests your ability to use excel, solve a problem with no clear answer, and work with a group.
    One week after the on site interview the HR associate called me and talked about how I though the day had gone and gave me an offer for employment.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures.

Interview

Phone interview was short and intense but was offered an in person interview on the phone.
    Face to face interview was very relaxed and showed me a tour of where I would be working as well as a welcome video to show what Red Ventures was all about. Had to act out a live sales call with the interviewer and it was fairly simple.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you did something wrong at work or something you knew you shouldn't have done.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They called and offered the job a day or two after the interview and I accepted

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied on the website on a Monday. The next day I received an email about a phone interview. I scheduled it for the following morning, a Wednesday. The phone interview is just a five minute conversation, it isn't meant to be an information well about the position or about your qualifications. Its just to determine if they like the way you sound, if you speak clearly, if you can answer basic questions etc. She told me the next step was in in person interview, which i scheduled for Friday. She told me it would be about an hour and a half and it was just that. There were 8 others in my group. We had to do an individual exercise and a group exercise based off the former. After that we did one on one interviews and were shown out. Later that day I got an email with a more detailed application attached. On Tuesday they called and offered me the position pending a background and drug test. From A-Z that took 8 days. From initial application to Day 1 at work, 12 days. I did orientation today and am so excited to begin my training tomorrow. The entire experience thus far has been amazing and I can't wait for more.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, the base pay is what it is. What you have control over is your commission pay, prizes, bonuses etc.

Senior Web Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a by-the-book interview, with questions right out of the HR playbook. I submitted my resume and got a request for an phone screen within 24 hours. I was stunned that it was so quick, but I only assume then that their need was great. The phone screen was conducted on a mutually-agreeable time within days of the initial contact, and they got back to me regarding my status within days as well.

Interview Questions

• No surprises, and they asked the tough questions too, including how you dealt with a difficult situation, what's one of your weaknesses (they termed it areas for growth), etc. They also asked about managerial style. A written test was the next step, but I did not reach that point.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Short and wacky. The interviewer asked an arrangement of questions and asked me how I handled myself in various situations. The invterview process was short, sweet and delightful. I left out of the interview process encouraged.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures.

Interview

After a brief phone interview the week prior, We first met as a group at red ventures HQ (Charlotte) then split up with our individual interviewers. A mock sales call was in order as well as some pretty basic questions. I received a short tour as well. The interview process took about 1.5 weeks and the interview itself lasted about an 1.5 hours.

Strategic Analyst Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with reps at career fair. From then 30 min behavioral phone call with HR. Then a 45 minute case study with member of business team. Then case day on campus (which I just didn't do - the interview process was way too involved for a job I wouldn't want).

Second interviewer was totally disinterested in the conversation. I could hear him bouncing a ball at his desk the whole time. It was obvious he didn't even look at my resume because when I told him about my research he interrupted me - "Hey, is that thing on your resume?" - but it was the first thing listed. Also, he was a Senior Analyst managing two different teams at 23, and the HR "executive" I spoke with was around that age as well. I understand pursuing young talent but to me it seemed like there was little to no diversity in age and background.

Despite that the interview was just annoying. They email you a chart of some marketing statistics and the interviewer will ask you to fill in some numbers and do a ton of percentage work in your head (I think I had to do this 12 different times - as if their "analysts" aren't just sitting around bouncing balls on their desks and doing all of that work on their computers). Then they ask you to recommend business decisions for them based on the percentages you just calculated. You're just doing grunt work for a company that outsourced a campaign to RedVentures, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to do that.

I'm sure this is the right career for someone but I just got a fratty feeling from that interview that really turned me off. Everyone will try to sell you on the culture and the campus and the young vibe, as if they're the only company with a gym on site.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

It starts out by filling out the application on the website. It's a fairly short application. You upload your resume. The cover letter is optional, but I highly suggest doing a real good cover letter so that your application stands out. If they are interested, you will receive a request via email for a brief phone interview/screening. It last for 5 minutes. The interview goes over the job description and you briefly tell her your experience...basically reiterating what's on your resume. She will likely let you know if she wants to go forward with your application on the phone...If so, you will receive a confirmation email to invite you to the campus for an interview.
    The interview process lasts for 1.5 hours but the time really does fly. You walk in, get checked in, and wait in the waiting area until your recruiter or hiring manager gets your group. A group consists of 3-6 perspective candidates. The interview itself consists of a tour, sales activity with a small group of other prospectives (we didn't do the mock call script), and video about the company and position. My biggest advice is to make sure that you are confident, engaged, and genuinely enthusiastic about the job. When you do the sales activity, be confident, speak clearly & if you mess up or pause, just keep going! I suggest that you bring a binder or professional folder & take notes, especially during the video.
    The hiring managers are very nice and are willing to answer any questions that you may have.
    At the end, your recruiter will walk you out. It was a very good experience.
    If they want to go forward with you as a candidate, you will receive a request for a background check later that day or the next day. It will likely follow with a call extending a job offer within 24-48 hours. There is also a drug screening that must be done once an offer is extended.

Again, this was a great experience and I look forward to my first day of work! I'm excited!

Interview Questions

• When you are with your group, you will do the typical elevator speech. Brief background, brief sales experience, how did you hear about the job, etc. Market yourself in 30 seconds lol!!   Answer Question