Red Ventures Strategic Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Red Ventures Strategic Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

Strategic Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Ventures in February 2017.

Interview

I applied to Red Ventures through my university career site. I attended a company hosted case prep session the evening prior to my scheduled interview. I interviewed on campus about a week after applying. The interview consisted of two parts - a 30 min behavioral interview and a 30 minute case interview. I heard back from them the next day.

Interview Questions

• What is something interesting about you that I wouldn't know from looking at your resume?
    What are three character traits that your friends would use to describe you? Give examples of how you embody these traits.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Red Ventures

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through my college and had an on campus interview that was half behavioral and half a case study. I then was invited onsite. I had a TERRIBLE experience. The culture is very fratty and drinking oriented--they have a beer garden, happy hours to bond with members of your team, and the trip to Cancun was described by employees as akin to a college spring break trip. I was left with the impression by employees that if you do not drink, you will not fit in.

There is a dinner with Red Ventures employees before the actual on-site interview, and I was frequently talked over or completely ignored while the employees talked to interview candidates they knew from their college. I felt very uncomfortable and silenced.

The office is all full of a similar demographic, and when I asked about how Red Ventures defined diversity, my interviewer told me that it was complicated. Apparently, Red Ventures is working on it and open to change and having diversity as a 'project' if a new hire wanted to take it on, but it wasn't a prioritized concern. Most employees are from the same colleges in NC, so diversity in terms of thought process or geography was also not taken into consideration. The only diversity to speak of was the range of majors employees came from, which was compelling, but not enough to balance out the other lackings.

Also, a word of caution to future interviewees--there is NO time between interviews. The day of, you will have back to back interviews. Literally back to back. If you need to use the bathroom, you will be taking away time from your next interview. There is also no lunch or breakfast or transportation provided; Red Ventures employees at the dinner admitted that the company was working to save costs.

Interview Questions

• What is something you are passionate about? How would you create a model of a company around this passion? What would you do if you had one employee who was slowing down the work and not meeting the vision of your company? How would you get the word out about your new company and how would it be different from other similar companies? (Essentially, they want to see how you think in this context).   Answer Question
    • What is something about you that we don't know from your resume?   Answer Question
    • How did you find out about Red Ventures?   Answer Question

Strategic Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures in February 2017.

Interview

Typical process, submitted application and got selected for interview on campus.

Behavioral and case interview the day of interview. Case portion is straightforward and simple. Behavioral portion is generic, as well. May have stressed out too much and babbled on.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

I saw the job posting on my college job board and decided to apply after reading the summary provided, which was focused very heavily on the unique culture of the company. First, was a behavioral interview over the phone, which was pretty standard. After that, they had a more analytical interview over the phone in which they emailed you a sheet beforehand to be printed out and provided info during the interview. As they provided certain info, you had to compute the missing values and tell them to the interview. After that, you're called in to tour the "campus" and do a few more analytical exercises like in the previous phone interview. Overall, a very pleasant interview process.

Strategic Analyst Interview

Interview

An hour interview at my campus. Half was a behavior interview and half was a case. The behavioral side was basic questions about your resume and experience. Be ready to answer the question of why you want to work at Red Ventures. The case dealt with the funnel and calculating percentages. There was a prep session the night before, so it was pretty similar to that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. There are case studies, behavioral interview, and excel spreadsheet. Team was relaxed and did not create a pressured environment. Interviewed with a variety of different team members

Strategic Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures in August 2016.

Interview

I went through their 3 day summit recruitment program. I was reached out to by a recruiter later to set up a phone interview. It started with the basic questions about my experiences. The bulk of it was technical - I was given a worksheet ahead of time with metrics from a desktop vertical for their verizon sales funnel, as well as another funnel with missing metrics from their mobile vertical. Without a calculator, I was supposed to calculate metrics (450,000 impressions, 25% click through rate, how many clicks did we get?). I was also asked to explain differences between the verticals.

The interviewer was fine - he didn't seem overly friendly and didn't really confirm when I was right or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think the mobile platform might have a higher click through rate?   Answer Question

Strategic Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Strategic Analyst Associate Program position on my University career website. After three days, I was invited for a first round phone interview with a HR. The HR only asked four questions and two were about my application/interview progress with other companies. The interview lasted for only 17 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your favorite course in your school program?
      2. What other companies are you applying to?
      3. Which step of the interview process are you in with these companies?
      4. What are your biggest takeaway from each of your internships? (This is a single question)
      5. Q&A
      17 minutes
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

30 minutes phone interview then a 30 min case review, they asked you about why you chose your college, why you majored in your major and what have you done outside the college community

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

After on-campus interview was invited to Charlotte office for an entire day of interviews with various employees at different levels within the company. Case interviews were involved throughout most if not all the individual interviews. The interview included a tour of the main office building which also provided key information for some of the cases so pay close attention during this part.