Redbox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Had a phone interview with a Recruiter. It was the strangest phone interview of my life. Recruiter did not exchange any pleasantries at all - just launched right into questions within 5 seconds of starting the call. Was also grilling me with questions that were not very relevant to the position for which I was interviewing (asking me very detailed technical questions about software engineering and database development and I was not interviewing for an IT role). Started a pattern of asking me a question, letting me answer it, then telling me I was wrong. Told me Redbox is no longer owned by Outerwall, but if you Google it the news still says that Outerwall owns Redbox. Kept asking me vague questions without any context such as "What platform are you most comfortable with". Asked me that question 5 times. When I asked the Recruiter to be more specific, he'd just ask the same question. He asked me barely any questions about the ability to actually perform the job. His tone was also very rude, very direct, and very unfriendly. Made a very negative impression of Redbox.

Interview Questions

• What platform are you most comfortable with?   1 Answer

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

HR reached out to me and we scheduled a phone interview for later that day. She never called! I called her after twenty mins went by and she didn't answer but she immediately emailed me saying she couldn't speak at the moment because she was on the phone. Wth?! So I sent her some times I was available and she never responded. I followed up two days later and till this day..... no response! Don't contact me if you're just going to get my hopes up! Very unprofessional!

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redbox (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online through our internal website. From there it was sent to recruiting and then to the hiring manager and the regional manager.

In this situation I had a stat below expectations and did not qualify for a promotion at that time. Instead of being informed of this by recruiting, I was misled , and given a 2nd interview with the regional manager. That was started as an interview for the first 15 minutes before I was informed that I did not qualify for the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was familiar with the position I was applying for along with basic questions about my qualifications about the job. They also asked questions that seemed like the interviewer was not aware I was already an employee   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redbox (Oak Brook, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Terrible Process. First I got an email from Recruiting, scheduling a time to talk and they never called.
    The next day I received another email rescheduling what they completely missed the first time. Finally had the call and it went well. Moved onto a call with the Director and it went well at a later date. Next I moved onto a 2 hour in-person interview with 4 different people. It went well, but the next day I received an automated message stating they were moving forward with other candidates. That's perfectly fine, I would expect after 2 phone calls and a long in-person meeting that they provide personalized feedback instead of some automated message. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

Field Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Cleveland, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Recruiter thoroughly reviews your resume with you over the phone and ask about every job listed. Please be on your P' & Q's in regards to this format.

Interview Questions

• What is the definition of Customer Service?
      Name a time when you went above you call of duty?   1 Answer

Field Service Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Redbox (Milton, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Salary requirements were addressed upfront. Apparently strong applicants decline or quit due to not meeting their minimum requirements. They wanted to know work history but interested in working as team and technical skills demonstrates. I was allowed to be conversational, so interview was not regimented.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of customer service?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Redbox (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

I met with four people separately. Each person asked various questions related to the interactions I would be having with them in the position. The hiring manager was very informative and personable. I also met with a director who was very experienced an interested to learn more about my background.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with data analysis   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Redbox in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online.

Received a recruiter call/email a few weeks later. The recruiter was extremely nice and helpful. She was very transparent about the position as well as the salary range. Questions were typical: Walk me through your resume, What do you know about us?, Why are you making a move?, What are you looking for? At the end of our call (which went extremely well) she let me know she was moving fast on the position and would like me to speak with the hiring manager. I arranged a phone interview for the next day.

The next day I received no call. No email. Nothing. I felt it was incredibly rude of the hiring manager to blow off a call to a prospective employee. I can only now assume Redbox is a corporation in which the employees do not respect the time or effort of job candidates. I am extremely thankful I didn't spend any more time speaking with an organization that operates in such a way.

Based on my experience, I would strongly recommend anyone to reconsider applying/interviewing/accepting a position at Redbox.

Accounting/Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Redbox in February 2013.

Interview

Overall, it was an unorganized experience that left me feeling the company does not have it together.

1) Phone screen w/ a HR specialist that called 15 minutes late – great first impression
    2) Interviewer had fairly broken English and I had to ask several of the questions to be repeated, which most likely made it sound like I didn’t understand the question.
    3) Questions were fairly standard. Give me your top 3 strengths, weaknesses, blah blah. These questions are mainly a waste of time tend to not reflect any accomplishments at a company. If I'm positive, did that drive me to cut $10M in expense?
    4) I was informed a phone screen with the hiring manage would be conducted a week later and heard nothing, but did receive an email with benefit info and links promoting the company. The recruiter asked if I had any questions and I sent several…no response.
    5) I reached out to see where they were a few weeks later and still received radio silence. 5 weeks after the initial call, I was informed they went another direction. I’m pretty sure a candidate knows this after 5 weeks. I asked for feedback to which they provided zero.

Based on the experiences provided by others, it appears Redbox company moves very slowly and from what I found on salary sites they pay below industry averages for a multi-billion dollar company. They pitch stock options, but they’re essentially worthless since the stock has hovered around $50 for nearly 3 years. If it were Netflix, it would be a different story.

Senior Manager, Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Ter, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Redbox (Oakbrook Ter, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR a few days later. She left a message on my voicemail. I called her back several times over the course of two weeks at different times of the day. She never returned my calls. I just happened to reach her on my last attempt. We scheduled a phone interview. She e-mailed me to inquire about the date and time because she couldn't remember when she scheduled it with me.

During the interview, we talked about my experience, which went very well. She then asked me about social media. I told her that while I'm knowledgeable, I don't have a lot of hands-on experience professionally with it. I mentioned that the job description didn't mention anything about social media. She told me that i was wrong and it as a social media job.

She cut me off, asked if I had any questions about the company. I asked her if this meant that I was no longer a contender for the role. She said, "No, you are not. You have great experience but not what we're looking for." I told her that I didn't have any additional questions and wished her well.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question about social media when it was no where in the job description   Answer Question